+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

It’s a cheap shot to make out the likes of Tim, Tony, Dibs.etc are on the take. The amount of time and effort these guys spend sorting out travel for others then even if they do manage to carry a small profit on some trips so what? It’s well bloody earnt.

I know for some games in the Euros Dibs was organising several different trips for the same match. 3 night stay, overnight stay, coach and back. Etc.

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

It’s not at all, I was making reference to how much Tan would have to pay out of his own pocket but the way it was hi- jacked gave that impression , and ultimately I can get a coach for £600 yet get called out for it.

Why don’t you call a few yourself if you think I’m making it up.

What I do find hypocritical though is posters having a dig at people Like forever blue and TLG under the Hammam regime for having a few ice creams and free coach travel to Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    It’s not at all, I was making reference to how much Tan would have to pay out of his own pocket but the way it was hi- jacked gave that impression , and ultimately I can get a coach for £600 yet get called out for it.

What I do find hypocritical though is posters having a dig at people Like forever blue and TLG under the Hammam regime for having a few ice creams and free coach travel to Mansfield

What I do find hypocritical though is posters having a dig at people Like forever blue and TLG under the Hammam regime for having a few ice creams and free coach travel to Mansfield.
    Nobody has ever paid for me to travel to Mansfield, although Chris Pike did give me a bunch of free tickets for a midweek game up there many moons ago. As for ice cream, I can't remember anyone buying me one of those either, except for my parents when I was a kid. I clearly missed out there.

Why is it hypocritical?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Why is it hypocritical?
    Baffled me as well that comment.

And to add on to JR.. I know people who tried to get coaches going and struggled to even make it sustainable as they'd have a bumper crowd one week then shit numbers the next and be out of pocket.

Fait play to anyone who runs a bus, let alone multiple posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Baffled me as well that comment.

And to add on to JR.. I know people who tried to get coaches going and struggled to even make it sustainable as they'd have a bumper crowd one week then shit numbers the next and be out of pocket.

Fait play to anyone who runs a bus, let alone multiple posts.

You've done it now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Move on where, Matty? And how? People keep using this phrase but they never say what they actually mean by it.
    I would suggest by moving on, give up your ties to the club all together. If you detest Tan so much, why do you still go to the odd game? Your continued interest in the clubs finances, how they are performing, and your continued participation with this MB, suggests to me, that you just can’t let it go.
    I don’t now you personally, and don’t really give a rats arse what you do with your life, but I can tell you that continued inner bitterness toward something, is not good for your health and mind.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I would suggest by moving on, give up your ties to the club all together. If you detest Tan so much, why do you still go to the odd game? Your continued interest in the clubs finances, how they are performing, and your continued participation with this MB, suggests to me, that you just can’t let it go.
    I don’t now you personally, and don’t really give a rats arse what you do with your life, but I can tell you that continued inner bitterness toward something, is not good for your health and mind.
    I don't have any ties to the club, apart from plenty of friends who still support it. Why do I still go to the odd game? Well, mainly to keep my friend's widow company, although I've been to a couple of games in recent seasons simply for a day out with my mates. I'm a football fan, you see. I have been pretty much all of my life.

As for retaining an interest in the club, having supported it and been pretty much obsessed with it for almost 40 years and having lots of friends and family members who are still City fans, I think it would be pretty odd if I didn't. Surely you realise there are thousands of people who have an interest in their local football club but who don't actively support it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you should know better than that

Scam said " Directors will have to pay for their match tickets and meals, and he'll work 24 hours a day, seven days a week and not take one penny out of the club. "

No really he did
    Sam told an awful lot of lies 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Sam told an awful lot of lies 😉
    Yet the ones who slag of Tan are the same ones who treated Scam like a God

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Unlike you to generalise (by the way, that is sarcasm).

I often criticised Hammam, to the point of him offering me to go and discuss matters further.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Cos they had walks in the beautiful bedlinog countryside on a Sunday morning.

I don't have any ties to the club, apart from plenty of friends who still support it. Why do I still go to the odd game? Well, mainly to keep my friend's widow company, although I've been to a couple of games in recent seasons simply for a day out with my mates. I'm a football fan, you see. I have been pretty much all of my life.

As for retaining an interest in the club, having supported it and been pretty much obsessed with it for almost 40 years and having lots of friends and family members who are still City fans, I think it would be pretty odd if I didn't. Surely you realise there are thousands of people who have an interest in their local football club but who don't actively support it?
    I have no beef with you or your stance since the rebrand. As I said, I don’t even know you personally. I do feel you are harbouring an unhealthy bitterness though.
    What ever you or anyone else thinks of Tan, surely offering to reimburse our travelling fans, when it wasn’t our clubs fault for the call off, is an admirable act?
    Even if you hate the guy, why did you feel the need to respond?
    I had a ticket for the game and set off in my car, but I’m not getting reimbursed because I wasn’t part of an official travel set up. I’m not moaning though. I still think it’s a good deed Tan is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I have no beef with you or your stance since the rebrand. As I said, I don’t even know you personally. I do feel you are harbouring an unhealthy bitterness though.
    What ever you or anyone else thinks of Tan, surely offering to reimburse our travelling fans, when it wasn’t our clubs fault for the call off, is an admirable act?
    Even if you hate the guy, why did you feel the need to respond?
    I had a ticket for the game and set off in my car, but I’m not getting reimbursed because I wasn’t part of an official travel set up. I’m not moaning though. I still think it’s a good deed Tan is doing.
    I had the day off on Friday, but I was up early doing a bit of stats work for my section of the office. To break the monotony, I had a quick look at this board, as I often do if I'm at home working on my PC. I read through Penarth Blues' thread as I regard him as one of the few decent contributors left on this or any other CCFC message board. Lo and behold, good old Cleve van Leef had mentioned me in his post (which has since been heavily edited, I note). I responded to that message and have subsequently responded to the responses. It's no more complicated than that.

Reimbursing the official coaches for their aborted trip to Derby is indeed an admirable act, although I'm sure we all have our own opinions as regards the responsibilities, logistics and motivations behind it.

I had the day off on Friday, but I was up early doing a bit of stats work for my section of the office. To break the monotony, I had a quick look at this board, as I often do if I'm at home working on my PC. I read through Penarth Blues' thread as I regard him as one of the few decent contributors left on this or any other CCFC message board. Lo and behold, good old Cleve van Leef had mentioned me in his post (which has since been heavily edited, I note). I responded to that message and have subsequently responded to the responses. It's no more complicated than that.

Reimbursing the official coaches for their aborted trip to Derby is indeed an admirable act, although I'm sure we all have our own opinions as regards the responsibilities, logistics and motivations behind it.

Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's given away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it.. Actually no, not at all.

FORBES INSIGHTS: What first inspired you to give? Why do you continue to give?

Vincent Tan: I started life in a poor family and could not even afford a proper tertiary education. I know what it is like not to have a lot of things that the average person these days will take for granted. I therefore consider myself very blessed to be where I am today despite the difficult early days, and ever since I achieved financial success I have felt a sense of responsibility to help those who are less fortunate. Furthermore, it is my belief that all our wealth and material possessions belong to God and we are merely His stewards, and for this reason I have always felt compelled to use my resources for the benefit of others as well.

FORBES INSIGHTS: What are the causes you support? Are they local or global? Has that changed over time?

Vincent Tan: The main causes I support include community causes (provide aid for the poor, children, elderly folks), health causes (provide support and financial aid for treatment of diseases like AIDS, kidney ailments, cancer, free acupuncture centre), education (providing scholarships for education, and free education for underprivileged children and youth), environmental preservation (protection and preservation of coral growth), support and promotion of local performing arts, and humanitarian assistance for disaster relief.

My current favourite cause is to help improve the standard of English in Malaysia. The English language is of great importance as a medium of education and communication, particularly in today’s world, and I find the declining standards in the English language in Malaysia in recent years to be a cause for concern. We are presently working with this organization called SOLS 24/7 to set up community learning centres in several parts of Malaysia to offer free education, with an emphasis on the English language, to underprivileged youths.

The causes I support are mainly local with some financial assistance on a few occasions for international disaster relief.

I started from simple cases of providing financial aid to the poor to where we are today.

FORBES INSIGHTS: How has your giving changed over time? From amount of giving to types of vehicles used?

Vincent Tan: As mentioned, I started with simple cases of providing financial aid to the poor, particularly in cases where funds are needed for medical treatment. The causes have grown to the extent that is mention in Para 2 above. I started off with making personal donations and eventually set up my own foundation, VTCY Foundation, now known as Better Malaysia Foundation. My contributions are also made through companies that I own.

There's another three pages of that. Why can't you admit he is actually an incredibly decent bloke that made a mistake with the best of intentions and has apologised and atoned for it.? Regardless of your bitterness, you're doing the man a massive disservice by painting him as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Why can't you admit he is actually an incredibly decent bloke that made a mistake with the best of intentions and has apologised and atoned for it.?
    Basically, it's because I don't believe he's an incredibly decent bloke who made a mistake with the best of intentions and has apologised and atoned for it. Indeed, there's not a single element of that sentence I agree with. But if you do, then fair enough. It's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

Well, In my opinion, that reveals a lot more about your nature than it does Vincent Tans.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's given away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it.. Actually no, not at all.

FORBES INSIGHTS: What first inspired you to give? Why do you continue to give?

Vincent Tan: I started life in a poor family and could not even afford a proper tertiary education. I know what it is like not to have a lot of things that the average person these days will take for granted. I therefore consider myself very blessed to be where I am today despite the difficult early days, and ever since I achieved financial success I have felt a sense of responsibility to help those who are less fortunate. Furthermore, it is my belief that all our wealth and material possessions belong to God and we are merely His stewards, and for this reason I have always felt compelled to use my resources for the benefit of others as well.

FORBES INSIGHTS: What are the causes you support? Are they local or global? Has that changed over time?

Vincent Tan: The main causes I support include community causes (provide aid for the poor, children, elderly folks), health causes (provide support and financial aid for treatment of diseases like AIDS, kidney ailments, cancer, free acupuncture centre), education (providing scholarships for education, and free education for underprivileged children and youth), environmental preservation (protection and preservation of coral growth), support and promotion of local performing arts, and humanitarian assistance for disaster relief.

My current favourite cause is to help improve the standard of English in Malaysia. The English language is of great importance as a medium of education and communication, particularly in today’s world, and I find the declining standards in the English language in Malaysia in recent years to be a cause for concern. We are presently working with this organization called SOLS 24/7 to set up community learning centres in several parts of Malaysia to offer free education, with an emphasis on the English language, to underprivileged youths.

The causes I support are mainly local with some financial assistance on a few occasions for international disaster relief.

I started from simple cases of providing financial aid to the poor to where we are today.

FORBES INSIGHTS: How has your giving changed over time? From amount of giving to types of vehicles used?

Vincent Tan: As mentioned, I started with simple cases of providing financial aid to the poor, particularly in cases where funds are needed for medical treatment. The causes have grown to the extent that is mention in Para 2 above. I started off with making personal donations and eventually set up my own foundation, VTCY Foundation, now known as Better Malaysia Foundation. My contributions are also made through companies that I own.

There's another three pages of that. Why can't you admit he is actually an incredibly decent bloke that made a mistake with the best of intentions and has apologised and atoned for it.? Regardless of your bitterness, you're doing the man a massive disservice by painting him as you do.
    I'm intrigued. What's your angle with all this Vinny is a living saint narrative? It might be tongue-in-cheek. If it isn't then I can let you have a Rolex watch purchased from an Egyptian beach vendor for the bargain price of £100.

Is there any evidence Vinny's given half his dough away? Him saying or implying he has doesn't count.

Malaysia is a leading contender for the title of the most corrupt nation on the planet. Tan was an uneducated nobody until he gained favour with that country's political dynasty when, as if by magic, he won juicy contracts left and right. He and his Berjaya Corporation is widely believed to be a vassal for other people's wealth and he's a fur coat, no knickers merchant.

Abramovich at Chelsea has a similar rags-to-riches background. From flogging junk door-to-door, a year later he became a multi-millionaire. In between he had met Boris Yeltsin's daughter. As with Vinny, it's very rare for him to speak publicly because it soon becomes obvious he's not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm intrigued. What's your angle with all this Vinny is a living saint narrative? It might be tongue-in-cheek. If it isn't then I can let you have a Rolex watch purchased from an Egyptian beach vendor for the bargain price of £100.

Is there any evidence Vinny's given half his dough away? Him saying or implying he has doesn't count.

Malaysia is a leading contender for the title of the most corrupt nation on the planet. Tan was an uneducated nobody until he gained favour with that country's political dynasty when, as if by magic, he won juicy contracts left and right. He and his Berjaya Corporation is widely believed to be a vassal for other people's wealth and he's a fur coat, no knickers merchant.

Abramovich at Chelsea has a similar rags-to-riches background. From flogging junk door-to-door, a year later he became a multi-millionaire. In between he had met Boris Yeltsin's daughter. As with Vinny, it's very rare for him to speak publicly because it soon becomes obvious he's not very bright.
    He may not have given half his 'dough' away but there is certainly plenty of evidence that he has given a large part of it away, including to charitable causes in the Cardiff/South Wales area since he purchased the club. Perhaps if you investigated his charitable affairs with as much vigour as you appear to have tried 'to dig the dirt' on him then you might have a more balanced opinion of him. But then I guess you wouldnt want that would you, seeing as you try to discredit him at every opportunity. I dont think you should accuse him of being 'not very bright' either when you have posted something which is borderline libellous above. Hopefully the moderators on here and VT's lawyers are already perusing your remarks with interest and you will get what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

It's not tongue in cheek at all, not one of us is a saint but not everyone is a complete and utter cnut, stop projecting.

Doesn't have to be some sinister motive behind it does there.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Doesn't have to be some sinister motive behind it does there.
    I haven't seen anyone claiming there is.

Your last paragraph is where we will have to agree to disagree. At this stage of the season, and the way it seems to be heading, Tan didn’t even have to get involved. No need for him to “curry any favours” as I think you put it.
    The team are flying, promotion looks on the cards, and that in itself will bring a few thousand out of the woodwork again.
    I detested the rebrand as much as anyone, but I can still look at this gesture from Tan and see it as nothing but good will.
    Surely with your initial response on this thread you can see why I think your harbouring an unhealthy bitterness.
    Anyway, I’ll let you have the final word on the matter. I know it means the world to you.