+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Basically, it's because I don't believe he's an incredibly decent bloke who made a mistake with the best of intentions and has apologised and atoned for it. Indeed, there's not a single element of that sentence I agree with. But if you do, then fair enough. It's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

Did you not bother to read the rest of that article? Is your world so confined that your good deeds are restricted to helping out your mates (which is also admirable btw)

Tan may be able to afford it but that article shows that he’s a pretty special human being in my eyes (you probably think he does it out of ego I guess).... so what if he got a marketing plan wrong... far worse shit happens.... Fans are different to owners... it’s not a business to fans no matter how many times they investigate the balance sheet.

I enjoy the exchange with you, but you’re unfortunately coming across as a little bit stupid (I’ll wait for your defensive retort 😀, as you wont be able to stop yourself)

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

BTW Freitag, thanks for sharing that - pretty impressive stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Dave has his opinion I personally don't feel the same but we should all respect the choice he made as it must've been difficult for him to give up deep down
    In your mind, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Oh no, not by any means. I know people who undoubtedly hated the rebrand even more than me. But you said you detested it as much as anyone. Personally, I don't think anyone who continued to support the rebranded club and celebrate its successes could logically make such a claim.
    In your mind, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Did you not bother to read the rest of that article? Is your world so confined that your good deeds are restricted to helping out your mates (which is also admirable btw)

Tan may be able to afford it but that article shows that he’s a pretty special human being in my eyes (you probably think he does it out of ego I guess).... so what if he got a marketing plan wrong... far worse shit happens.... Fans are different to owners... it’s not a business to fans no matter how many times they investigate the balance sheet.

I enjoy the exchange with you, but you’re unfortunately coming across as a little bit stupid (I’ll wait for your defensive retort ��, as you wont be able to stop yourself)
    Spot on!

In your mind, perhaps.
    I've met Dave once or twice on trips, one thing he aint, is stupid - over passionate and maybe can't let the Tan thing go - with respect, I think you should take that opinion back

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I've met Dave once or twice on trips, one thing he aint, is stupid - over passionate and maybe can't let the Tan thing go - with respect, I think you should take that opinion back
    I don't think he was calling him stupid, just that it makes one look a little stupid if you seem unable to believe or admit that a man who has given so much to help so many unfortunate people is incapable of being generous without ulterior motive in the case of this travel reimbursement.

I enjoy the exchange with you, but you’re unfortunately coming across as a little bit stupid (I’ll wait for your defensive retort , as you wont be able to stop yourself)
    TLG and I disagree about whether it's right to still stay away but I would just make the following point. If people like TLG, BIS and others had not stayed away and protested loudly against the rebrand (no matter WHEN they finally did it) do you honestly believe that Tan would have changed back to Blue regardless? I don't.

There were a whole load of other underlying issues regarding VT's vision for the Club when he first came in, e.g. it was just another business, etc., which didn't sit well with TLG and he stated his concerns at the time and has been consistent since then.

If you were to look at what we were when VT arrived, and what we are now, then I'd argue that TLG and others have got the majority of their wishes about how they'd like the club to evolve. The problem is that the shit they got at the time from other fans for sticking up for the Club's history has led to them no longer feeling part of a coherent 'tribe'. This has irrevocably destroyed something they treasured and will not be repaired even when VT leaves - and for them the fault lies squarely with VT.

So it's not as easy as saying just let the mistakes be forgotten, even though they've been rectified better than I'd dared hope, as the scars run too deep now I'd guess. The best to hope for is that time will heal some of the scars for these fans.

I'm delighted TLG is attending some games again, though clearly not with the passion he once had. I just hope that BIS and others can find a way to decouple their dislike of Tan from attending matches again with their friends and families. They'd no longer be buying into VT's original vision for the club, but into a club and structure which I'd argue is worth supporting for everything it is now bringing to Cardiff and its communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    TLG and I disagree about whether it's right to still stay away but I would just make the following point. If people like TLG, BIS and others had not stayed away and protested loudly against the rebrand (no matter WHEN they finally did it) do you honestly believe that Tan would have changed back to Blue regardless? I don't.

There were a whole load of other underlying issues regarding VT's vision for the Club when he first came in, e.g. it was just another business, etc., which didn't sit well with TLG and he stated his concerns at the time and has been consistent since then.

If you were to look at what we were when VT arrived, and what we are now, then I'd argue that TLG and others have got the majority of their wishes about how they'd like the club to evolve. The problem is that the shit they got at the time from other fans for sticking up for the Club's history has led to them no longer feeling part of a coherent 'tribe'. This has irrevocably destroyed something they treasured and will not be repaired even when VT leaves - and for them the fault lies squarely with VT.

So it's not as easy as saying just let the mistakes be forgotten, even though they've been rectified better than I'd dared hope, as the scars run too deep now I'd guess. The best to hope for is that time will heal some of the scars for these fans.

I'm delighted TLG is attending some games again, though clearly not with the passion he once had. I just hope that BIS and others can find a way to decouple their dislike of Tan from attending matches again with their friends and families. They'd no longer be buying into VT's original vision for the club, but into a club and structure which I'd argue is worth supporting for everything it is now bringing to Cardiff and its communities.
    you have mentioned the dislike for Tan a few times, you can still dislike him and still support the team on the pitch, Owners come and go but the players still need our support

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you have mentioned the dislike for Tan a few times, you can still dislike him and still support the team on the pitch, Owners come and go but the players still need our support
    I think that's what I was arguing in the last sentence - but I appreciate it's a long post. I was trying to explain how I thought TLG saw things based on the story from the beginning. His views are not the ones I hold personally.

I think that's what I was arguing in the last sentence - but I appreciate it's a long post. I was trying to explain how I thought TLG saw things based on the story from the beginning. His views are not the ones I hold personally.
    You don’t really believe that the fans who deserted are the reason Tan changed his mind do you?
    Last edited by William Treseder; 25-03-18 at 19:37. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Freitag fortunately understood it a little better than you.

If you choose to interpret differently then that’s your choice

BIS FFS

Such an an anti Tan stalwart that he had to wait 1 YEAR after the rebrand before boycotting

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You don’t really believe that the fans who deserted are the reason Tan changed his mind do you?
    I think the fans that deserted along with the singing of 'We'll always be Blue' at 19:27 for most home matches were sufficient for him to understand that, following relegation, he'd need to address the problems the colour were bringing. Nothing is Black and White of course and I'm sure there were other factors that convinced him to change as well.

I personally couldn’t give a monkeys if he attends or not. I find his patronising and superior attitude to other people on here abhorrent but that’s my issue....

You’ll certainly not find me being psychophantic and pandering to what a good guy he is and how his opinion is important....(although I noticed there’s a bit of a love-in going on between the 2 of you)

He may not be stupid (if that helps Pontprennau) but come on, please tell me you’re not bored of his ramblings....

I personally couldn’t give a monkeys if he attends or not. I find his patronising and superior attitude to other people on here abhorrent but that’s my issue....

You’ll certainly not find me being psychophantic and pandering to what a good guy he is and how his opinion is important....(although I noticed there’s a bit of a love-in going on between the 2 of you)

He may not be stupid (if that helps Pontprennau) but come on, please tell me you’re not bored of his ramblings....
    Either you support the City or just keep going on about things that happened in the past that is your choice,me and many others live for the day life is to short be happy

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I think that Penarth Blue has nailed it in his excellent post. I'm no Mouth piece for TLG, but PB is probably right when he states that TLG and others don't have the same love for the club anymore, probably due to the large majority of fans accepting the rebrand, not just that either, the amount of goading thrown his way, smugness and threatening behaviour(from people he had helped over the years) was a disgrace. That probably hurt more than any colour change, the fact that some fans were prepared to sacrifice supporters like him and others, in order to support something so completely unnecessary. That's my first and last on the subject

Why do you feel the need to attack me personally on my views about TLG? He and I have never met and whenever we've discussed things on this board over more than 10 years then it's usually to disagree. I'm pointing out to a number of our newer posters the history behind TLG's stance, and pointing out where I think they've helped even if they don't echo what I did or thought at the time.

I don't feel the need to be extreme in my views of someone to make a point. I'm happy to agree with you that I don't like with the way he 'speaks' to people on here but he's rarely wrong when he brings facts into a discussion. Where I don't agree with you or a number of others on this board is in the marginalising of people who don't agree with a viewpoint expressed just because that view is the 'popular' one. We don't have enough supporters to fall out with each other, and we have an even smaller amount of active posters on this board to start driving them away.

Why do you feel the need to attack me personally on my views about TLG? He and I have never met and whenever we've discussed things on this board over more than 10 years then it's usually to disagree. I'm pointing out to a number of our newer posters the history behind TLG's stance, and pointing out where I think they've helped even if they don't echo what I did or thought at the time.

I don't feel the need to be extreme in my views of someone to make a point. I'm happy to agree with you that I don't like with the way he 'speaks' to people on here but he's rarely wrong when he brings facts into a discussion. Where I don't agree with you or a number of others on this board is in the marginalising of people who don't agree with a viewpoint expressed just because that view is the 'popular' one. We don't have enough supporters to fall out with each other, and we have an even smaller amount of active posters on this board to start driving them away.
    Cringe

Because Timothy Claypole said you’re one of the few posters worth reading on here these days you’re sticking up for him to the hilt 🙄

Never mind you’re views are poles apart you must stick up for him because he gave you a compliment.

Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Cringe

Because Timothy Claypole said you’re one of the few posters worth reading on here these days you’re sticking up for him to the hilt 

Never mind you’re views are poles apart you must stick up for him because he gave you a compliment.

Bless.
    If you want. Have you ever had a conversation with someone that didn't involve insults?

I presented where his views came from for those who don't know him, as there are a number of newer posters on here, and noted where I had sympathy and where I didn't. Sorry if this has offended your sense of what should be posted.

If you want. Have you ever had a conversation with someone that didn't involve insults?

I presented where his views came from for those who don't know him, as there are a number of newer posters on here, and noted where I had sympathy and where I didn't. Sorry if this has offended your sense of what should be posted.
    Insults 😂

There wasn’t one insult in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Insults 

There wasn’t one insult in my post.
    Bless

You could argue that I bought into Tan's vision of the club by not seeking a refund when TLG did. My point, at the time, was that I would rather be inside the ground showing disapproval. The Huddersfield game was one that I didn't enjoy, and I was stuck with a £399 ticket and the option of using it to watch more games (I gave up on hoping for protest as soon as I entered the ground on that Friday evening), or just letting it go to waste. My finances wouldn't allow me to do the latter and, since I am a massive football fan, I attended about 12/13 games that season. After Brighton, I attended just two more.

What Tan did was so unnecessary it was unbelievable. However, his constant gloating, his constant reminding to fans that it was red or dead, the constant threats, the constant belittling of the club's previous achievements, the disregard for the unglamorous history of the club (a history that I read into from the age of 11) were so alien a concept to me that the club Tan was forming bared no resemblance to the club I grew up watching.

Add to that comments from a good many tosser on here, people like Nugent and Croesy and many many others meant that I also shared very little with the club's growing fan base.

Comments like "You'll soon be replaced", "you won't be missed", "don't let the door hit you on the way out" etc etc. It's amusing to see some of the ones who engaged in "banter" like that are also some of the ones expressing disappointment that fans are not coming back now the team is winning again.

The reversal of the rebrand was ALWAYS going to happen. I had no doubt about it. That Tan did it without apology is hilarious. That people here are now claiming he apologised is testament to the old adage "history is written by the victor". Similarly, it is also amusing that Tan's new structure for the club is, essentially, a structure that he demolished with a £100m debt and is trying to rebuild whilst the club is losing money hand over fist. Which, brings me back to say it again "What Tan did was so unnecessary, it is unbelievable".

But, Tan didn't simply change the colours. He changed the year the club won the FA Cup to 1928, he changed supporters into customers, he changed the club's policy from trying to drag people off the streets into the stadium into actually saying that he would be happy to lose 25% of the fans. He rewrote history, who can forget an advert for some reunion (possibly Real Madrid) where the shirt colours were changed to red before quickly being changed back to blue? All the stories I grew up hearing, reading and talking about were being rewritten. And, with the team top of the Championship, people barely gave a f**k.

Tan hasn't apologised for anything, so I won't attend a Cardiff City game until he pisses off. He has made it clear that he is, in fact, the football club. He is unwilling to commit to making the club debt free (like he promised in 2010). He is unwilling to turn debt to equity, despite numerous promises. He is, in short, like numerous other owners the club has had - some were blighted by being skint, some were blighted by being plain hopeless and skint, and one was blighted by being Sam Hammam. Tan beats them all in that he wasted £100m plus to turn Cardiff from a well-supported Championship club battling for promotion, into a less-well supported Championship club battling for promotion. It is an abject failure, even with the impending promotion. Given the amount that has been spent, the club really should not be a division below Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley and Swansea - should they?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The decision came very quickly after the Colchester cup game, watched by a few thousand, and on the back of some dwindling attendances. It also coincided with his mum advising him on football matters, which could be plausible I suppose.

You thought I ‘attacked’ you.... come on, really?

And you think I’m marginalising him????

I’m just bored of him. It’s pathetic I even post about him. Sure he’s a lovely guy but I’ve not encountered it.

Speak as you find - based on what I read I know what I think