+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Cringe

Because Timothy Claypole said you’re one of the few posters worth reading on here these days you’re sticking up for him to the hilt 🙄

Never mind you’re views are poles apart you must stick up for him because he gave you a compliment.

Bless.
    Agreed (don’t fall down 🤣)

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You could argue that I bought into Tan's vision of the club by not seeking a refund when TLG did. My point, at the time, was that I would rather be inside the ground showing disapproval. The Huddersfield game was one that I didn't enjoy, and I was stuck with a £399 ticket and the option of using it to watch more games (I gave up on hoping for protest as soon as I entered the ground on that Friday evening), or just letting it go to waste. My finances wouldn't allow me to do the latter and, since I am a massive football fan, I attended about 12/13 games that season. After Brighton, I attended just two more.

What Tan did was so unnecessary it was unbelievable. However, his constant gloating, his constant reminding to fans that it was red or dead, the constant threats, the constant belittling of the club's previous achievements, the disregard for the unglamorous history of the club (a history that I read into from the age of 11) were so alien a concept to me that the club Tan was forming bared no resemblance to the club I grew up watching.

Add to that comments from a good many tosser on here, people like Nugent and Croesy and many many others meant that I also shared very little with the club's growing fan base.

Comments like "You'll soon be replaced", "you won't be missed", "don't let the door hit you on the way out" etc etc. It's amusing to see some of the ones who engaged in "banter" like that are also some of the ones expressing disappointment that fans are not coming back now the team is winning again.

The reversal of the rebrand was ALWAYS going to happen. I had no doubt about it. That Tan did it without apology is hilarious. That people here are now claiming he apologised is testament to the old adage "history is written by the victor". Similarly, it is also amusing that Tan's new structure for the club is, essentially, a structure that he demolished with a £100m debt and is trying to rebuild whilst the club is losing money hand over fist. Which, brings me back to say it again "What Tan did was so unnecessary, it is unbelievable".

But, Tan didn't simply change the colours. He changed the year the club won the FA Cup to 1928, he changed supporters into customers, he changed the club's policy from trying to drag people off the streets into the stadium into actually saying that he would be happy to lose 25% of the fans. He rewrote history, who can forget an advert for some reunion (possibly Real Madrid) where the shirt colours were changed to red before quickly being changed back to blue? All the stories I grew up hearing, reading and talking about were being rewritten. And, with the team top of the Championship, people barely gave a f**k.

Tan hasn't apologised for anything, so I won't attend a Cardiff City game until he pisses off. He has made it clear that he is, in fact, the football club. He is unwilling to commit to making the club debt free (like he promised in 2010). He is unwilling to turn debt to equity, despite numerous promises. He is, in short, like numerous other owners the club has had - some were blighted by being skint, some were blighted by being plain hopeless and skint, and one was blighted by being Sam Hammam. Tan beats them all in that he wasted £100m plus to turn Cardiff from a well-supported Championship club battling for promotion, into a less-well supported Championship club battling for promotion. It is an abject failure, even with the impending promotion. Given the amount that has been spent, the club really should not be a division below Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley and Swansea - should they?
    More drivel.... fortunately far too many words for me to even bother reading from the poor mans TLG

You could argue that I bought into Tan's vision of the club by not seeking a refund when TLG did. My point, at the time, was that I would rather be inside the ground showing disapproval. The Huddersfield game was one that I didn't enjoy, and I was stuck with a £399 ticket and the option of using it to watch more games (I gave up on hoping for protest as soon as I entered the ground on that Friday evening), or just letting it go to waste. My finances wouldn't allow me to do the latter and, since I am a massive football fan, I attended about 12/13 games that season. After Brighton, I attended just two more.

What Tan did was so unnecessary it was unbelievable. However, his constant gloating, his constant reminding to fans that it was red or dead, the constant threats, the constant belittling of the club's previous achievements, the disregard for the unglamorous history of the club (a history that I read into from the age of 11) were so alien a concept to me that the club Tan was forming bared no resemblance to the club I grew up watching.

Add to that comments from a good many tosser on here, people like Nugent and Croesy and many many others meant that I also shared very little with the club's growing fan base.

Comments like "You'll soon be replaced", "you won't be missed", "don't let the door hit you on the way out" etc etc. It's amusing to see some of the ones who engaged in "banter" like that are also some of the ones expressing disappointment that fans are not coming back now the team is winning again.

The reversal of the rebrand was ALWAYS going to happen. I had no doubt about it. That Tan did it without apology is hilarious. That people here are now claiming he apologised is testament to the old adage "history is written by the victor". Similarly, it is also amusing that Tan's new structure for the club is, essentially, a structure that he demolished with a £100m debt and is trying to rebuild whilst the club is losing money hand over fist. Which, brings me back to say it again "What Tan did was so unnecessary, it is unbelievable".

But, Tan didn't simply change the colours. He changed the year the club won the FA Cup to 1928, he changed supporters into customers, he changed the club's policy from trying to drag people off the streets into the stadium into actually saying that he would be happy to lose 25% of the fans. He rewrote history, who can forget an advert for some reunion (possibly Real Madrid) where the shirt colours were changed to red before quickly being changed back to blue? All the stories I grew up hearing, reading and talking about were being rewritten. And, with the team top of the Championship, people barely gave a f**k.

Tan hasn't apologised for anything, so I won't attend a Cardiff City game until he pisses off. He has made it clear that he is, in fact, the football club. He is unwilling to commit to making the club debt free (like he promised in 2010). He is unwilling to turn debt to equity, despite numerous promises. He is, in short, like numerous other owners the club has had - some were blighted by being skint, some were blighted by being plain hopeless and skint, and one was blighted by being Sam Hammam. Tan beats them all in that he wasted £100m plus to turn Cardiff from a well-supported Championship club battling for promotion, into a less-well supported Championship club battling for promotion. It is an abject failure, even with the impending promotion. Given the amount that has been spent, the club really should not be a division below Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley and Swansea - should they?
    What an an absolute steaming pile of horse shit. Lies and hyperbole from the very first paragraph onwards, 'My point, at the time, was that I would rather be inside the ground showing disapproval.'.

Your point at the time was in plain English, 'It's only a colour'.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What an an absolute steaming pile of horse shit. Lies and hyperbole from the very first paragraph onwards, 'My point, at the time, was that I would rather be inside the ground showing disapproval.'.

You read it???? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You read it???? Why?
    I'm not sure, masochism maybe..

so what if he got a marketing plan wrong...
    Marketing plan? And you think I'm the stupid one.....?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    ....... and there it is 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

.... even though I’d acknowledged to your fan club that it was your stance not you that I found stupid, you’re doing a pretty good job of proving me wrong 🙄

.... even though I’d acknowledged to your fan club that it was your stance not you that I found stupid, you’re doing a pretty good job of proving me wrong ��
    Marketing. It was all about marketing. A marketing plan. Nothing more, nothing less. Just marketing.

Marketing. It was all about marketing. A marketing plan. Nothing more, nothing less. Just marketing.

In your mind, perhaps.

In your mind, perhaps.
    Not mine, but apparently yours.

Not mine, but apparently yours.
    Whatever you like buddy

I haven't seen anyone claiming there is.
    Certainly read to me like you were.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You don’t really believe that the fans who deserted are the reason Tan changed his mind do you?
    I certainly don't. What's the logic behind that

Surely if you've lost the 399 and can't get it back, you just let it go?
    My mate has 200 deposit on a trip in the summer and has to tighten his belt, so he's cut his losses and isn't investing on spending etc and has basically pulled out of the trip.
    Surely it would cost you even more money to attend.. why spend more if you can't afford it? Or is it just a cheap excuse because you are trying to save face.

It amazes me that some fans were so hurt because of VT
    They never had a problem with SH (until the end) and his open support of the hooligan element within our club. In fact some of these outraged fans were linked to these idiots.
    SH almost finished us off altogether. No one was singing 'my lord' then , or complaining.

To a certain degree, I do believe some had a hissy fit because the club wouldn't pander to these idiots.

They walked away, fair enough. Just do it with a little grace and stop attention seeking. You made your point a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    It amazes me that some fans were so hurt because of VT
    They never had a problem with SH (until the end) and his open support of the hooligan element within our club. In fact some of these outraged fans were linked to these idiots.
    SH almost finished us off altogether. No one was singing 'my lord' then , or complaining.

To a certain degree, I do believe some had a hissy fit because the club wouldn't pander to these idiots.

They walked away, fair enough. Just do it with a little grace and stop attention seeking. You made your point a few years ago
    Was thinking this while reading TLG and BIS posts. Happy to attend when SH was robbing us blind and getting us into mountains of debt, can't abide by a bloke that supports us and keeps the club alive. Weird.

Imagine writing that wall of text that no one is going to read 🤦🏻*♂️

On reflection, and going by TLG’s logic, I probably didn’t detest the rebrand as much as those who chose to walk away as I still attended. I suppose I was like thousands of other City fans who wasn’t happy but battled through it.
    I think on the grand scale of things, as much as I love Cardiff City, there are obviously more important things in life to get stressed out by.
    The very fact that some of TLG’s friends who were also City die hards have passed away during this period, and we are already back to playing in blue proves that.
    Contrary to what Bill Shankley supposedly said, football isn’t more important than life or death.
    What I will say though is. If I had decided to walk away half way through the Huddersfield game, or at any point of that 1st season in red because my feelings against Tan were that strong, then I certainly wouldn’t hang about in the background, taking interest in the clubs finances, or stick around on a Cardiff City message board, or even attend the odd game while Tan was still at the helm (even if it was to keep a friends widow company, there are surely other City fans she knows who still attend regularly). Now that’s strange logic to me!!
    40 yrs is a very long time to fanatically support a team home and away, and then just walk away, but TLG’s and the others must have gave it a lot of thought before hand, and besides, some people give up smoking or gambling or drinking after 40 yrs, and seem to cope without hanging around tobacanists, bookies or an off license!

Yes, I said that when the news was merely a rumour and I thought people were over reacting. As soon as the news was confirmed I was opposed. As evidenced by my name being a signatory on a petition on May 9th - the day the story was made official! Nice try and all that.

I'm not sure, masochism maybe..
    Floella looked better in red. You were one of the ones proclaiming fans would be easily replaced. How did that work out?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    On reflection, and going by TLG’s logic, I probably didn’t detest the rebrand as much as those who chose to walk away as I still attended. I suppose I was like thousands of other City fans who wasn’t happy but battled through it.
    I think on the grand scale of things, as much as I love Cardiff City, there are obviously more important things in life to get stressed out by.
    The very fact that some of TLG’s friends who were also City die hards have passed away during this period, and we are already back to playing in blue proves that.
    Contrary to what Bill Shankley supposedly said, football isn’t more important than life or death.
    What I will say though is. If I had decided to walk away half way through the Huddersfield game, or at any point of that 1st season in red because my feelings against Tan were that strong, then I certainly wouldn’t hang about in the background, taking interest in the clubs finances, or stick around on a Cardiff City message board, or even attend the odd game while Tan was still at the helm (even if it was to keep a friends widow company, there are surely other City fans she knows who still attend regularly). Now that’s strange logic to me!!
    40 yrs is a very long time to fanatically support a team home and away, and then just walk away, but TLG’s and the others must have gave it a lot of thought before hand, and besides, some people give up smoking or gambling or drinking after 40 yrs, and seem to cope without hanging around tobacanists, bookies or an off license!
    "If they don't want to come to support our business, that's fine."

You are a business supporter, so I can see why you think it is logical to compare the emotion of supporting a football business with the mundanity of buying a packet of fags.

Anyone seen Deja Vu. Denzil Washington. Worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Anyone seen Deja Vu. Denzil Washington. Worth a look.
    The equalizer was decent.

Fences I didn't get

Man on fire is fantastic.