+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's given away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it.. Actually no, not at all.

FORBES INSIGHTS: What first inspired you to give? Why do you continue to give?

Vincent Tan: I started life in a poor family and could not even afford a proper tertiary education. I know what it is like not to have a lot of things that the average person these days will take for granted. I therefore consider myself very blessed to be where I am today despite the difficult early days, and ever since I achieved financial success I have felt a sense of responsibility to help those who are less fortunate. Furthermore, it is my belief that all our wealth and material possessions belong to God and we are merely His stewards, and for this reason I have always felt compelled to use my resources for the benefit of others as well.

FORBES INSIGHTS: What are the causes you support? Are they local or global? Has that changed over time?

Vincent Tan: The main causes I support include community causes (provide aid for the poor, children, elderly folks), health causes (provide support and financial aid for treatment of diseases like AIDS, kidney ailments, cancer, free acupuncture centre), education (providing scholarships for education, and free education for underprivileged children and youth), environmental preservation (protection and preservation of coral growth), support and promotion of local performing arts, and humanitarian assistance for disaster relief.

My current favourite cause is to help improve the standard of English in Malaysia. The English language is of great importance as a medium of education and communication, particularly in today’s world, and I find the declining standards in the English language in Malaysia in recent years to be a cause for concern. We are presently working with this organization called SOLS 24/7 to set up community learning centres in several parts of Malaysia to offer free education, with an emphasis on the English language, to underprivileged youths.

The causes I support are mainly local with some financial assistance on a few occasions for international disaster relief.

I started from simple cases of providing financial aid to the poor to where we are today.

FORBES INSIGHTS: How has your giving changed over time? From amount of giving to types of vehicles used?

Vincent Tan: As mentioned, I started with simple cases of providing financial aid to the poor, particularly in cases where funds are needed for medical treatment. The causes have grown to the extent that is mention in Para 2 above. I started off with making personal donations and eventually set up my own foundation, VTCY Foundation, now known as Better Malaysia Foundation. My contributions are also made through companies that I own.

There's another three pages of that. Why can't you admit he is actually an incredibly decent bloke that made a mistake with the best of intentions and has apologised and atoned for it.? Regardless of your bitterness, you're doing the man a massive disservice by painting him as you do.
    I'm intrigued. What's your angle with all this Vinny is a living saint narrative? It might be tongue-in-cheek. If it isn't then I can let you have a Rolex watch purchased from an Egyptian beach vendor for the bargain price of £100.

Is there any evidence Vinny's given half his dough away? Him saying or implying he has doesn't count.

Malaysia is a leading contender for the title of the most corrupt nation on the planet. Tan was an uneducated nobody until he gained favour with that country's political dynasty when, as if by magic, he won juicy contracts left and right. He and his Berjaya Corporation is widely believed to be a vassal for other people's wealth and he's a fur coat, no knickers merchant.

Abramovich at Chelsea has a similar rags-to-riches background. From flogging junk door-to-door, a year later he became a multi-millionaire. In between he had met Boris Yeltsin's daughter. As with Vinny, it's very rare for him to speak publicly because it soon becomes obvious he's not very bright.

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    "If they don't want to come to support our business, that's fine."

You are a business supporter, so I can see why you think it is logical to compare the emotion of supporting a football business with the mundanity of buying a packet of fags.
    It is a business to Tan. Do you really not understand that?

Wow, 7 pages to a thread praising Tan. We've come a long way!

Wait, we are still praising him, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm intrigued. What's your angle with all this Vinny is a living saint narrative? It might be tongue-in-cheek. If it isn't then I can let you have a Rolex watch purchased from an Egyptian beach vendor for the bargain price of £100.

Is there any evidence Vinny's given half his dough away? Him saying or implying he has doesn't count.

Malaysia is a leading contender for the title of the most corrupt nation on the planet. Tan was an uneducated nobody until he gained favour with that country's political dynasty when, as if by magic, he won juicy contracts left and right. He and his Berjaya Corporation is widely believed to be a vassal for other people's wealth and he's a fur coat, no knickers merchant.

Abramovich at Chelsea has a similar rags-to-riches background. From flogging junk door-to-door, a year later he became a multi-millionaire. In between he had met Boris Yeltsin's daughter. As with Vinny, it's very rare for him to speak publicly because it soon becomes obvious he's not very bright.
    He may not have given half his 'dough' away but there is certainly plenty of evidence that he has given a large part of it away, including to charitable causes in the Cardiff/South Wales area since he purchased the club. Perhaps if you investigated his charitable affairs with as much vigour as you appear to have tried 'to dig the dirt' on him then you might have a more balanced opinion of him. But then I guess you wouldnt want that would you, seeing as you try to discredit him at every opportunity. I dont think you should accuse him of being 'not very bright' either when you have posted something which is borderline libellous above. Hopefully the moderators on here and VT's lawyers are already perusing your remarks with interest and you will get what you deserve.

It's not tongue in cheek at all, not one of us is a saint but not everyone is a complete and utter cnut, stop projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He may not have given half his 'dough' away but there is certainly plenty of evidence that he has given a large part of it away, including to charitable causes in the Cardiff/South Wales area since he purchased the club. Perhaps if you investigated his charitable affairs with as much vigour as you appear to have tried 'to dig the dirt' on him then you might have a more balanced opinion of him. But then I guess you wouldnt want that would you, seeing as you try to discredit him at every opportunity. I dont think you should accuse him of being 'not very bright' either when you have posted something which is borderline libellous above. Hopefully the moderators on here and VT's lawyers are already perusing your remarks with interest and you will get what you deserve.
    I replied to a poster who stated unambiguously he'd given away half his fortune. I asked for evidence of the claim. Whatever he's given away it's impossible to quantify what proportion of his wealth it represents without knowing what the total is - that's why I was intrigued by those remarks and the motive for making them.

If you sincerely believe 'not very bright' is 'borderline libellous' then to borrow one of Sludge's phrases, you are off your cake.

It's not tongue in cheek at all, not one of us is a saint but not everyone is a complete and utter cnut, stop projecting.
    For the second time of asking, where's your evidence to suppport he's 'given away half his fortune to charity'.

I think I'm in for an eternal wait.

In The Star ( Malaysian newspaper) I totalled up nearly $185 million in 4 articles

I replied to a poster who stated unambiguously he'd given away half his fortune. I asked for evidence of the claim. Whatever he's given away it's impossible to quantify what proportion of his wealth it represents without knowing what the total is - that's why I was intrigued by those remarks and the motive for making them.

If you sincerely believe 'not very bright' is 'borderline libellous' then to borrow one of Sludge's phrases, you are off your cake.
    I wasnt referring to the 'not very bright' part being libellous - it was just the rest of your post !!. Whatever he has given away it is certainly in the tens of millions, so to dismiss that as inconsequential is totally wrong. There is no concrete evidence for anything you stated in your post but there is plenty of evidence that he has given large chunks of his money away to charity.

For the second time of asking, where's your evidence to suppport he's 'given away half his fortune to charity'.

I think I'm in for an eternal wait.
    25 minutes, quite easy to find actually:-----
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tatiana.../#70ab7d3f7620

I had read the article before replying to Freitag. It's why I included this line: Is there any evidence Vinny's given half his dough away? Him saying or implying he has doesn't count.

Now you have reposted it as if it's conclusive. It's a bit like a defence lawyer addressing a court to state my client must have stated the truth because he said so and no corroboration is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If I had decided to walk away half way through the Huddersfield game, or at any point of that 1st season in red because my feelings against Tan were that strong, then I certainly wouldn’t hang about in the background, taking interest in the clubs finances, or stick around on a Cardiff City message board, or even attend the odd game while Tan was still at the helm (even if it was to keep a friends widow company, there are surely other City fans she knows who still attend regularly). Now that’s strange logic to me!!
    How could you possibly know what you would or wouldn't have done if you had walked away from the club at some point before, during or after the 2012/13 season? Having read some of your contributions in this thread, I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum that doing such a thing never occurred to you, as your personal feelings about the situation were simply not the same as those who did decide to boycott Cardiff City matches.

Feelings among Cardiff City supporters regarding Tan's re-brand ranged from those who warmly welcomed it to those who wanted the club to lose every game it played in red. Most of us fell somewhere between those two extremes, but the truth is that very few of us could truly understand the feelings of others over such an emotive subject, hence the numerous problems that the whole dismal episode caused.

As regards the re-brand, you can't put yourself in my shoes and I can't put myself in yours, but what I will say is that I find it bizarre that some people seem so upset and offended by others who merely have a different view of a football club owner. Like it or not, Vincent Tan is without doubt the most divisive character in the club's history, so surely it's understandable that opinions about him should be wide-ranging?

I've got to say I regard your comments about my friend's wife as a bit of a cheap shot. She does indeed know a great many City fans who still attend regularly, but unsurprisingly almost all of them have their own seats. After her husband died suddenly at the age of 51 last year, she retained his season ticket in his memory. One of our other friends keeps her company at most home games, but I stand in whenever he's away, which so far has been twice last season and twice this. I hope that meets with your approval.

I had read the article before replying to Freitag. It's why I included this line: Is there any evidence Vinny's given half his dough away? Him saying or implying he has doesn't count.

Now you have reposted it as if it's conclusive. It's a bit like a defence lawyer addressing a court to state my client must have stated the truth because he said so and no corroboration is necessary.
    Oh my dear God, I'm disappointed in myself that I'm even taking time to dispel your ridiculous argument, here is just one small example, there are plenty more if you took the time yourself:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...t-tan-11098952

I'm sure Unicef would have plenty to say if Tan was merely making shit like this up.

You almighty plum.

Oh my dear God, I'm disappointed in myself that I'm even taking time to dispel your ridiculous argument, here is just one small example, there are plenty more if you took the time yourself:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...t-tan-11098952

I'm sure Unicef would have plenty to say if Tan was merely making shit like this up.

You almighty plum.
    He is asking for something that states that he's given away half his fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He is asking for something that states that he's given away half his fortune.
    https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...lf-his-wealth/

https://givingpledge.org/

https://givingpledge.org/Pledger.aspx?id=299

Can this go on the political board now Mike - it's getting on my Blue ***s

Jesus Christ lads get a ****ing life

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ lads get a ****ing life
    Mental thread

Think that's all he wanted from the start

(I wasn't bothered, I believe he will give a shit tonne away, but just noticed you hadn't posted what he was actually asking you to)

Kinell, if you had typed 'Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's pledged to give away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it' instead of what you submitted, which was, let me remind you again, 'Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's given away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it.' I would have taken no issue. As daft as you're pretending to be, having done something rather than promising to is rather different, isn't it?

Fecking hell where's the delete button

It is a business to Tan. Do you really not understand that?
    I fully understand it. What he doesn't understand is what that business means/meant to the fans.

Kinell, if you had typed 'Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's pledged to give away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it' instead of what you submitted, which was, let me remind you again, 'Yes, it's hard to believe a billionaire philanthropist who's given away half his fortune to charity would ever do something without ulterior motives isn't it.' I would have taken no issue. As daft as you're pretending to be, having done something rather than promising to is rather different, isn't it?
    Tan pledges a lot of money to charity, and loves to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How could you possibly know what you would or wouldn't have done if you had walked away from the club at some point before, during or after the 2012/13 season? Having read some of your contributions in this thread, I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum that doing such a thing never occurred to you, as your personal feelings about the situation were simply not the same as those who did decide to boycott Cardiff City matches.

Feelings among Cardiff City supporters regarding Tan's re-brand ranged from those who warmly welcomed it to those who wanted the club to lose every game it played in red. Most of us fell somewhere between those two extremes, but the truth is that very few of us could truly understand the feelings of others over such an emotive subject, hence the numerous problems that the whole dismal episode caused.

As regards the re-brand, you can't put yourself in my shoes and I can't put myself in yours, but what I will say is that I find it bizarre that some people seem so upset and offended by others who merely have a different view of a football club owner. Like it or not, Vincent Tan is without doubt the most divisive character in the club's history, so surely it's understandable that opinions about him should be wide-ranging?

I've got to say I regard your comments about my friend's wife as a bit of a cheap shot. She does indeed know a great many City fans who still attend regularly, but unsurprisingly almost all of them have their own seats. After her husband died suddenly at the age of 51 last year, she retained his season ticket in his memory. One of our other friends keeps her company at most home games, but I stand in whenever he's away, which so far has been twice last season and twice this. I hope that meets with your approval.
    You really do have an I’m right your wrong attitude about everything don’t you?
    As for me taking a cheap shot, I feel you have used the friend/window situation to justify your inability to let go of the club 100%.
    If the venom you spout about Tan was genuine, you would not attend under any circumstance, but you feeling the need to give the heartstring pulling excuse gives you a rather convenient get out of jail card doesn’t it?
    As for Tan being the most devisive owner ever, what about Scam Hammam

As for me taking a cheap shot, I feel you have used the friend/window situation to justify your inability to let go of the club 100%. If the venom you spout about Tan was genuine, you would not attend under any circumstance, but you feeling the need to give the heartstring pulling excuse gives you a rather convenient get out of jail card doesn’t it?
    Why on earth should I or anybody else "let go of the club 100%"? It was a huge part of my life for a very long time. I no longer actively support it and I won't pay a penny into it while it's owned and controlled by Vincent Tan, but that doesn't mean to say I'm no longer interested it.

Frankly, your comments about using my friend's widow as some kind of justification for attending matches are not only offensive but they are also utterly absurd. It may interest you to learn that I attended two away games last season before he died and I've attended two games this season which she hasn't been at. Like the rest of the population, I don't need any kind of excuse or justification to go and watch a professional football match. I can do so whenever the mood takes me. These days it rarely does, but nevertheless I still attend a handful of games every season, be they internationals, matches abroad or the occasional City game. I even went to watch the Jacks a couple of years ago. I'm a football fan, you see.

As regards Sam Hammam, he was certainly divisive, no doubt about that, but can you remember Cardiff City fans marching through the streets before games holding up banners calling for him to leave? No, nor can I.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25518726