+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Canton stand question

Canton stand question

Have to move from the family stand due to my boy being 16, so looking at the canton stand. Only the the front few rows seem to be available in the middle blocks - is it covered if it pisses down? and what's the view like?
    Thanks.

Re: Canton stand question

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Have to move from the family stand due to my boy being 16, so looking at the canton stand. Only the the front few rows seem to be available in the middle blocks - is it covered if it pisses down? and what's the view like?
    Thanks.
    No and shit. (that's no it's not covered and any view from behind the goal is shit.

Thanks.
    The drip line off the roof is round about row H/I, further back depending on which way the wind blows when it rains.
    The view is rubbish right behind the goal and inhabited by Under 10s football team(s) to fill up spaces on match day. About row K and back from there should be dry most of the time and a better view than right behind the goal.

Thanks.
    Could have written the same thread myself.
    I looked at blocks 107 108 and there's nothing other than the front few rows. Dont know why there's not more availability as that block is never full and there's not that many name stickers on seats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Could have written the same thread myself.
    I looked at blocks 107 108 and there's nothing other than the front few rows. Dont know why there's not more availability as that block is never full and there's not that many name stickers on seats.
    I take it you are looking online for a ST? A while back there was a known IT issue with available seats not showing up online as "for sale". Best have a look round on match day and then visit or ring the TO with a seat or seats in mind. This issue doesn't seem to have been addressed....maybe they just want to fill up blocks from the front to look good on TV. Either way, there are more seats shown than online plus ST holders this season still have time to renew so their seats won't show up even though people might change seats.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No and shit. (that's no it's not covered and any view from behind the goal is shit.
    Moving from the family stand so the view would be the same you pleb.
    He will get soaked though.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Moving from the family stand so the view would be the same you pleb.
    He will get soaked though.

NICE !!!!

Thanks.
    NINIAN STAND is much nicer

NICE !!!!
    That's put you in your place Tone

Are you sure you have to move from the family stand? I thought if you were with a family member on an 16-21 season ticket you could stay, if not I’ve got an expensive month coming up, my youngest is now 16, and I already buy two 16-21 tickets for the older two.

NICE !!!!
    I did um and ah for a few seconds whether to delete it, but as a pleb myself I thought I'd leave it in

Thanks for the replies. Firstly yes, you do have to move if one of your party is not under 16. I bought tickets in row F of 108 block. The young lady said I should ring back on April 9th whereby I should be able to swap them for seats further back. (HERE'S HOPING not everyone renews or we will be getting wet.)

Thanks for the replies. Firstly yes, you do have to move if one of your party is not under 16. I bought tickets in row F of 108 block. The young lady said I should ring back on April 9th whereby I should be able to swap them for seats further back. (HERE'S HOPING not everyone renews or we will be getting wet.)
    The only thing I’d warm you about is that, if we go up, the whole Canton is likely to be standing all season. That’s what happened last time we played in the Prem.

No problem with that mate.

No problem with that mate.
    As there a quite a few kids in the Canton nowadays, I only hope the club will warn people that renew as I can see a few problems otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I did um and ah for a few seconds whether to delete it, but as a pleb myself I thought I'd leave it in
    Now if you'd written "Philistine", I would have agreed with you. (some people don't half buy some crap, on Dickie's Real Deal)

Yeah I can see that.
    My boy's 16 now though and soul crew wannabe. 😉

Yeah I can see that.
    My boy's 16 now though and soul crew wannabe. ��
    Does he wear a "PUNCH ME" scarf, in summer.

Am I wrong in thinking that the seats on the southern end of the Ninian Upper Stand (i.e. the end near the away fans) do not have full visibility of the pitch in that corner? It seems that way from looking at it from the Canton Stand.

I wouldn't trust the views they show. All look the bleeding same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that the seats on the southern end of the Ninian Upper Stand (i.e. the end near the away fans) do not have full visibility of the pitch in that corner? It seems that way from looking at it from the Canton Stand.
    You can see the pitch from the back of the upper Ninian in the corners. Just need to go into training to get there!