+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunnar plays 45 minutes with no apparent problem...

Re: Gunnar plays 45 minutes with no apparent problem...

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I agree
    Don't be scared. I do occasionally talk sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Don't be scared. I do occasionally talk sense.
    2 for 2 as I mainly agree too.

I agree
    Hmmm...despite a flurry of posts promoting the idea Gunnarsson won't needed....this:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rsson-14454186

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Hmmm...despite a flurry of posts promoting the idea Gunnarsson won't needed....this:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rsson-14454186
    I am all for that, if we are a few goals up ( maybe 3 ) then give him 15 mins cannot blame NW for that

I can't believe the negativity about a player who has never given anything less than 100% when on the pitch for us. The guy was injured and had surgery which has kept him out for months so we're meant to believe this is him not wanting to play for us?

If Gunnars is deemed good enough to get in the team by NW then I'll be delighted to have him back. I think Grujic is good but Gunnars will bring yet another Captain onto the pitch and that could be the difference between autos and not this season.

If he chooses not to stay because he has one final pay day to negotiate whilst at the peak of his potential attractiveness then I'll wish him all the best in the rest of his career. If we get promoted and he does stay then I think he'll be good enough to do a job for us in the Prem despite the obvious weaknesses in parts of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    No, imagine Jay Bothroyd after his cap, didnt want to make a tackle, why would Gunner want to injure himself before the WC and his chance for a nice big pay day

Not sure I would risk picking him and him not putting in a shift
    You are comparing two players from completely different ends of the workrate spectrum to be fair to Gunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can't believe the negativity about a player who has never given anything less than 100% when on the pitch for us. The guy was injured and had surgery which has kept him out for months so we're meant to believe this is him not wanting to play for us?

If Gunnars is deemed good enough to get in the team by NW then I'll be delighted to have him back. I think Grujic is good but Gunnars will bring yet another Captain onto the pitch and that could be the difference between autos and not this season.

If he chooses not to stay because he has one final pay day to negotiate whilst at the peak of his potential attractiveness then I'll wish him all the best in the rest of his career. If we get promoted and he does stay then I think he'll be good enough to do a job for us in the Prem despite the obvious weaknesses in parts of his game.
    I think we've done good enough without him

I think we've done good enough without him
    Can't disagree with that as it's clearly correct so far. What I am disagreeing with is the negativity towards a player who has been a great servant to this club over many years and, as far as I am concerned, in recent years has put in some of the best performances of his career for us - and was doing so up until his injury.

Why do so many assume he doesn't want to put in the effort for us in the rest of this season? If nothing else, if we get promoted it gives him a better platform for a new contract either with us or for someone else. There is no logic in the views of 'he won't bring anything to the side' and/or 'he won't try'.

I remember watching Gunnar very closely at Barnsley and thinking how much more secure and aggressive in midfield we looked with him in the side. Unfortunately he didn't last the whole game (after a cameo at Birmingham and missing the Forest game) and limped off after 75 minutes.

The team have done brilliantly with Ralls, sometimes Damour, and more recently Paterson and Grujic in midfield. Even Bryson and Halford have played a part. But I would love to see Gunnar back for the run in.

I don't think Gunnar is the type to hold back.
    I'm glad to see him fit again.

Prior to his injury he was excellent.

We are thin enough in that area without writing off a decent player of Gunnar's calibre

I just think the world cup is his biggest priority and i don't like the fact he would only sign a new contract if we got promoted

This ^

Gunnarson has been a true servant to us (unlike a certain number 7 WHITTINGHAM who gets this credit). He was largely missused with our previous managers so went under the radar somewhat.

Unfortunately he looks like he is plenty fit to play yet warnock has been holding back on him. Looks like he will be utilised at the end then thrown to the other championship teams to fight over :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I don't think Gunnar is the type to hold back.
    I'm glad to see him fit again.

Prior to his injury he was excellent.

We are thin enough in that area without writing off a decent player of Gunnar's calibre
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You are comparing two players from completely different ends of the workrate spectrum to be fair to Gunnar
    fair enough

But shouldnt we always use Jay as a benchmark on how things can go wrong very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Gunnarson has been a true servant to us (unlike a certain number 7 WHITTINGHAM who gets this credit). He was largely missused with our previous managers so went under the radar somewhat.

Unfortunately he looks like he is plenty fit to play yet warnock has been holding back on him. Looks like he will be utilised at the end then thrown to the other championship teams to fight over :(
    He wants to leave Cardiff IF we are in the championship. He won't leave us to sign for another championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He wants to leave Cardiff IF we are in the championship. He won't leave us to sign for another championship club.
    I heard a whisper that he is lined up to go a foreign club, possibly Turkey, after the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I heard a whisper that he is lined up to go a foreign club, possibly Turkey, after the WC.
    My understanding of what he's said is that he's basically sick of the championship and wants a new challenge. Would not surprise me one bit if he went to somewhere like Turkey.