+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia vs South Africa - blatant cheating

Australia vs South Africa - blatant cheating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1yQhYeS-A

Not sure I have seen a more inept piece of cheating (Derby have a thing or two to learn).

Bancroft has what looks like sandpaper in his pocket. Rubs it on the ball, Coaching staff realise this has been seen on TV and send a message down to the 12th man who goes on (fake smiles) and tells him to lose the evidence. He then (in full view of the camera) unties his trousers and sticks the paper down there.

What a bunch of idiots. Got to be a ban for Bancroft, Ban for Smith and a big punishment (fine or ban from cricket) for Lehmann. Well done to the broadcaster for capturing the episode from start to finish

England probably trawling through footage to see what they can find from the Ashes, unfortunately I don't think they needed to cheat to win that.

First Team

Re: Australia vs South Africa - blatant cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Not sure I have seen a more inept piece of cheating (Derby have a thing or two to learn).

Bancroft has what looks like sandpaper in his pocket. Rubs it on the ball, Coaching staff realise this has been seen on TV and send a message down to the 12th man who goes on (fake smiles) and tells him to lose the evidence. He then (in full view of the camera) unties his trousers and sticks the paper down there.

What a bunch of idiots. Got to be a ban for Bancroft, Ban for Smith and a big punishment (fine or ban from cricket) for Lehmann. Well done to the broadcaster for capturing the episode from start to finish

England probably trawling through footage to see what they can find from the Ashes, unfortunately I don't think they needed to cheat to win that.

In fairness (probably the wrong word to use in this thread) but Michael Atherton and the mud in his pocket shows that is just not the Aussies.

Oh no Derby ball tampering is the next ,touch by balls and they are avin it.i

It is almost in the realms of Mr bean or Baldrick cheating, first of sandpaper on the ball, this isnt sunday morning cricket and then after its been seen on the screen, hide it down your pants ( like the camera guy isnt going to be keeping a eye on you now )

Once a convict, always a crook, its in their genes.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Once a convict, always a crook, its in their genes.
    must be from ponty then!

Quote Originally Posted by banogboy14 View Post
    must be from ponty then!
    Nah we shipped all the bad boys to the convict colony generations ago and this us a genetic thing now , that's why they play in yellow green so you can spot them running from custody .

They cheated against England too.

Not only did they hurl the ball onto the ground at great speed against poor English players armed only with a bat and pads in an attempt to scuff the ball up, when the ball was in the air they then proceeded to ctch in it their hands - using claw like fingernails to lift the seam and sweaty palms to shine up one side. They also scratched one side up by smashing the ball against wooden stumps, spinters roughing up the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    They cheated against England too.

Not only did they hurl the ball onto the ground at great speed against poor English players armed only with a bat and pads in an attempt to scuff the ball up, when the ball was in the air they then proceeded to ctch in it their hands - using claw like fingernails to lift the seam and sweaty palms to shine up one side. They also scratched one side up by smashing the ball against wooden stumps, spinters roughing up the ball.
    Yes they did but it’s a hollow victory when you have to cheat to accomplish those things, dont you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Yes they did but it’s a hollow victory when you have to cheat to accomplish those things, dont you agree?
    Absolutely agree.

The issue is that Australia did it in such a cack handed manner, coming in a backdrop of a series where they have continually lost their composure indicating a lack of leadership.

The convicts are an embarrassment. Lehmann having the cheek to criticise South African crowds.

If Smith was an average player this would be the end of him. Warner is a disgrace and an embarrassment anyway, Cricket Australia should end his international career.

Smiths captaincy is over and Lehmann will be gone as well.

Priority will be not losing their best batsman and insporational talisman Steve Smith.
    They need an escaped goat and I reckon it will be Lehmann.
    Smith will resign as captain, perhaps miss a test or two until the dust settles.

Australia have pushed the boundaries in recent years and, although they are a big draw, I think cricket authorities need to punish them.
    If the Aussies don't act first and properly then the situation will get worse for them.

Sadly the spirit of the term "it's just not cricket" is gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Priority will be not losing their best batsman and insporational talisman Steve Smith.
    Smith will resign as captain, perhaps miss a test or two until the dust settles.

Australia have pushed the boundaries in recent years and, although they are a big draw, I think cricket authorities need to punish them.
    If the Aussies don't act first and properly then the situation will get worse for them.

The spirit of the game is cobblers. We bowled bodyline, Australia rolled the ball along the floor etc. This stuff has been going on for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The spirit of the game is cobblers. We bowled bodyline, Australia rolled the ball along the floor etc. This stuff has been going on for years.
    With respect, bodyline was a tactic. A controversial tactic at the time admittedly, but not contravening any rule.
    The ball along the floor by Greg Chappell was not in the spirit of the game but again, legal.

This ball tampering issue is completely different. It is blatant cheating.

When Pakistan were picking the seam 20 or so years ago it was headline news for months.
    I'm hoping the same happens here because if world cricket sweeps this under the carpet like the EFL and snowgate, then cricket is fecked.

Whenever I watch cricket they are picking at or rubbing away at the ball and doing weird things to the crease.

I dont think Cricket Australia will brush this under the carpet.

Lehmann Smith and Warner will lose their jobs. Smith not resigning shows the type of arrogance this team under him has.

They will appoint a new captain and I reckon Smith and Warner will be excluded from selection for at least 6 months. Warner may find himself in permanent excile from the Test Team. I can see other bans for whoever else was in the leadership team along with Bancroft

Cricket Australia is going to wipe the floor with them.

I think it may turn out to be a damp squid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43531491

A joke, like all sport governing bodies, no backbone.

With respect, bodyline was a tactic. A controversial tactic at the time admittedly, but not contravening any rule.
    The ball along the floor by Greg Chappell was not in the spirit of the game but again, legal.

This ball tampering issue is completely different. It is blatant cheating.

When Pakistan were picking the seam 20 or so years ago it was headline news for months.
    I'm hoping the same happens here because if world cricket sweeps this under the carpet like the EFL and snowgate, then cricket is fecked.
    Tax avoidance is legal but it's not really on. Bending the rules isn't in the spirit of the game. Mankadding isn't really in the spirit of the game but then neither is the trend when the off strike batsman is half way down the wicket by the time the ball is bowled. Rolling a ball down to stop a 6 is worse than ball tampering. My favourite "spirit of the game moment" was when Keiron Pollard bowled a no ball to stop Evin Lewis getting a ton. Incredible lengths to be a complete s-house.

Everyone tampers with the ball, whether it's sugary sweets or whatever but they've been caught. The ICC have punished them but the Aussies will presumably be harder and the sponsors are threatening to pull out.

What's hilarious about this is that Australia thought they were the bastions of fair play and upheld the moral integrity of cricket. If there is a bigger set of cheats, I'd like to see them. England cheat loads too, I'm aware of this. The fact Australia thought they were the good guys with some thoroughly detestable blokes (Warner for one) is hilarious.

It does now throw into question the skill of the bowler.
    Reverse swing was seen as an art, perfected by few very talented bowlers... it now seems that my mother could get some movement provided she brought along a few 'tools' from the shed before coming on to bowl.

This is a timely distraction for England's poor form too as all of a sudden they aren't that bad a side with the Aussies getting the ball to reverse swing late on in their innings during the Ashes.

Another reason the Aussies need to be hammered for this is 5 day Test matches are few and far between, unless the weather intervenes.
    So will 4 dayers be at this rate.

Has Lehmann fronted the press yet?

It does now throw into question the skill of the bowler.
    Reverse swing was seen as an art, perfected by few very talented bowlers... it now seems that my mother could get some movement provided she brought along a few 'tools' from the shed before coming on to bowl.

This is a timely distraction for England's poor form too as all of a sudden they aren't that bad a side with the Aussies getting the ball to reverse swing late on in their innings during the Ashes.

Another reason the Aussies need to be hammered for this is 5 day Test matches are few and far between, unless the weather intervenes.
    So will 4 dayers be at this rate.

Broad had alluded to them using this underhanded tactic during the Ashes , but the only evidence I’ve seen is Bancroft putting sugar in his pocket during the 5th Test

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...26-p4z67z.html

Bancroft footage during The Ashes

Didn't Mike Atherton have a go at doing this and get caught as well

It was adhesive tape with grit on it not sandpaper. It is not going to be allowed to be swept under the carpet from the sound of it. The cricket fans, ex players, commentators & news reporters are all screaming blue bloody murder. Everytime I switch the radio on or catch the tv news they are on about it. I don't like cricket but I'm sick of this story already (I'm based in Sydney for those that don't know me)