+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Not posted recently. Have I missed much?

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 View Post
    No

Scam hammam ran up massive debts and the Riddler came in to attempt to fix the problem, he couldnt, so some Billionaire arrived and kept the club going, we got promoted to the Premier league but that ended badly so we do not mention it that often, Oh another thing that didnt go down to well ( yet some always appear to bring it up ) Vinnie changed out kit to red, red of all colours, as i said, that didnt go down well, so we changed back to Blue

In more recent times, Snowgate was entertaining on here

Hi Phil.
    Not missed much, just a couple of threads of people enjoying the snow.

There was a threatened off in Beddau a few years back.

I've been away for a bit too, slightly surprised to see on my return certain ex-supporters pop in to have a go at attendances or whatever else negative they feel they can pounce upon to put the club and it's continuing supporters down. However there's not much to have a pop at these days as we seem to be being run very professionally from the top down and lucky to have a very decent and let's face it loaded owner which is translating to success on the pitch, the likes of which we have very rarely seen in previous decades.

About 4,000 fans no longer attend Cardiff games, but none of that has anything to do with Vincent Tan at all. No, it's because the football public in South Wales is so fickle, they can't bring themselves to watch lowly Cardiff in 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    About 4,000 fans no longer attend Cardiff games, but none of that has anything to do with Vincent Tan at all. No, it's because the football public in South Wales is so fickle, they can't bring themselves to watch lowly Cardiff in 2nd place.
    Fickle fans everywhere in football.. The stadium will likely be sold out for every home game next season and if you think 4000 people disappeared because of the rebrand you are totally deluded.

Cardiff City have had a record 30000 plus crowd at the CCS.

United fan base , possible promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Fickle fans everywhere in football.. The stadium will likely be sold out for every home game next season and if you think 4000 people disappeared because of the rebrand you are totally deluded.
    Thats because he is totally deluded.

I didn't say that 4000 fans disappeared because of the rebrand. What I said was that none of it had to anything to do with Vincent Tan.

It's funny how fickleness is still being trotted out. The club are on one of their best ever runs and still low crowds are due entirely to fickleness.

Fair play. BIS repeating the same old sh!t on a thread titled hello is some achievement.

It is slightly disappointing on the attendances, however we sold out 32,000 v Mac City on live TV

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    It is slightly disappointing on the attendances, however we sold out 32,000 v Mac City on live TV
    We could have sold thousands more as well.

I didn't say that 4000 fans disappeared because of the rebrand. What I said was that none of it had to anything to do with Vincent Tan.

It's funny how fickleness is still being trotted out. The club are on one of their best ever runs and still low crowds are due entirely to fickleness.
    And I didn't say every single one of those 4000 fans disappeared because of fickleness, there's a myriad of reasons why attendances are down, and it's not just at our club, I've no doubt some disappeared because of the rebrand but not anywhere near the numbers you seem to think..

To ignore the rebrand as a factor is delusional as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We could have sold thousands more as well.
    How many more do you really reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    How many more do you really reckon?
    Not sure. I was on here insisting we wouldnt sell out the stadium. I know loads of people who didnt go.

Didnt we sell out days before?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To ignore the rebrand as a factor is delusional as well
    The three seasons during the rebrand were in the top 5 for average attendance since 1970, I'm not ignoring it as a factor but I would contend it is a small one.

To be fair, who gives a fcuk? I go because I want to, along with all my family and friends. If people don't want to go, then that's their decision. I quite like it when crowds are low, means I don't have to queue much at half time for a beer.

Fair play. BIS repeating the same old sh!t on a thread titled hello is some achievement.
    😂

The three seasons during the rebrand were in the top 5 for average attendance since 1970, I'm not ignoring it as a factor but I would contend it is a small one.
    Long term fans were replaced by "glory hunting" fans who haven't returned but will if we reach the Premier League

We only spent 2 full seasons in red, the 14/15 season was a mixture of both red and blue

The rebrand has also fractured the supporters and made us a laughing stock

Started a thread on one of his ‘other’ accounts.

Such a sad individual 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Long term fans were replaced by "glory hunting" fans who haven't returned but will if we reach the Premier League

We only spent 2 full seasons in red, the 14/15 season was a mixture of both red and blue

The rebrand has also fractured the supporters and made us a laughing stock
    Glory hunters.. Football is an entertainment industry. Football fans are exactly that, if the football is shit, there's no reason to pay to watch it, the biggest downturn in attendances came with boring bordering on utter shite spells under Slade and Trollope, and yes they will return when we are back in the premiership, that's pretty much my point.

Glory hunters.. Football is an entertainment industry. Football fans are exactly that, if the football is shit, there's no reason to pay to watch it, the biggest downturn in attendances came with boring bordering on utter shite spells under Slade and Trollope, and yes they will return when we are back in the premiership, that's pretty much my point.
    Another reason attendances didn't return to their levels before the rebrand because a fair few people who left over the rebrand didn't come back, negative press around the club is another reason

The point of going to watch a football team is support, its different to other things in the entertainment industry such as films and television where being entertained for an hour is your sole reason for watching