+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Another reason attendances didn't return to their levels before the rebrand because a fair few people who left over the rebrand didn't come back, negative press around the club is another reason

The point of going to watch a football team is support, its different to other things in the entertainment industry such as films and television where being entertained for an hour is your sole reason for watching
    I totally agree with you that it's different to TV/Film but it's silly to deny the quality of product on offer isn't the defining factor in attendances. There is a reason our average attendance just 20 years ago was 3,610.. would you describe the extra 15,300 we have on average this season as 'glory hunters'?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Another reason attendances didn't return to their levels before the rebrand because a fair few people who left over the rebrand didn't come back, negative press around the club is another reason

The point of going to watch a football team is support, its different to other things in the entertainment industry such as films and television where being entertained for an hour is your sole reason for watching
    I think a good number of people who didn't come back had stuck around waiting for the promotion that had taken 50 years to arrive. The Premiership was then an anticlimax of a competition, after the Man City game, as it didn't involve too many players who cared about the club. This is before its sham of being a 'competition'. Couple that with the acrimony around the rebrand and the sacking of MM and I'm not surprised people felt more than a bit turned off from the whole thing.

I'm happier we have fewer fans attending now but ones who are much more likely to stay engaged even if we go up and straight back down, and this season it finally feels like being part of a Club again, rather than just observing one. I'm old-fashioned in my views and I love being the underdog and seeing players performing above expectations. This season is one of the most satisfying I've ever seen us play, even though I've seen seasons where we've played better football.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I totally agree with you that it's different to TV/Film but it's silly to deny the quality of product on offer isn't the defining factor in attendances. There is a reason our average attendance just 20 years ago was 3,610.. would you describe the extra 15,300 we have on average this season as 'glory hunters'?
    There's a lot of reasons the average attendance is higher now than it was and I completely agree with you that quality is one of them (there's a reason I used inverted commas for the "glory hunters" bit), however I disagree that quality is the defining factor in attendance. Another thread on here is proof of that (the one about Bradford)

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    About 4,000 fans no longer attend Cardiff games, but none of that has anything to do with Vincent Tan at all. No, it's because the football public in South Wales is so fickle, they can't bring themselves to watch lowly Cardiff in 2nd place.
    I stopped going 3 years ago after 27 years (most of which I had a season ticket for), due to my marriage break up and the fact I see my kids on weekends (I also live in West Wales again, which doesn't help). When (because it looks that way) we go up I'll go to the same amount of games I go to now, which is about 1 or 2 a year. I go to see Cardiff, not the opposition, so if I see us play Manchester United or Huddersfield, it's all the same to me. If you or anybody else wants to lump me in with the fickle statistic, that's up to you, I have got more on my plate than to give a f..k.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Scam hammam ran up massive debts and the Riddler came in to attempt to fix the problem, he couldnt, so some Billionaire arrived and kept the club going, we got promoted to the Premier league but that ended badly so we do not mention it that often, Oh another thing that didnt go down to well ( yet some always appear to bring it up ) Vinnie changed out kit to red, red of all colours, as i said, that didnt go down well, so we changed back to Blue

In more recent times, Snowgate was entertaining on here
    Does Cohen still play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 View Post
    No mate, he left us to play for Barry Town, we dont talk about that either, stealing all our best players

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    About 4,000 fans no longer attend Cardiff games, but none of that has anything to do with Vincent Tan at all. No, it's because the football public in South Wales is so fickle, they can't bring themselves to watch lowly Cardiff in 2nd place.
    Does this have to be in every thread now? Fair enough having a opinion but you are such a boring c*nt. keep it in relevant threads at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    And I didn't say every single one of those 4000 fans disappeared because of fickleness, there's a myriad of reasons why attendances are down, and it's not just at our club, I've no doubt some disappeared because of the rebrand but not anywhere near the numbers you seem to think..
    About 10 of my mates don't attend for varying reasons, not one to do with Tan.
    Once people stop going (work, family, other commitments) it's not always a case of picking up where they left off and just coming back.
    For example, my cousins 2 boys like computers, swimming and going out on their bikes/long walks so his weekends are filled with that. 2 mates have ST but had to work away, and as they do every other weekend they are away 12 days at a time.. that's 10 mates and not a single one mentions the rebrand as a reason not to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Fair enough having a opinion
    You almost convinced me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 View Post

No, but Fred Keenor has been outstanding this season