+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Puigdemont

Puigdemont

Anyone know the ins and outs of EU/German extradition process?

The guy is going to spend the rest of his life in prison if he comes back here. The Spanish judical system is bit like Peter Whittingham in that respect.

Government here sometines feels as I imagine it would living somewhere like Egypt or Iran. If the goverment has got it in for you, they’ll find a way to make it work in their favour. It’s all very sinister at times.

If it wasn’t for Brexit I’d be back in Wales now.

Re: Puigdemont

It's a European Arrest warrant I believe, and my understanding is, there is very limited scope for the German Judiciary (or any other for that matter) to refuse to hand over those arrested on EU Warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    It's a European Arrest warrant I believe, and my understanding is, there is very limited scope for the German Judiciary (or any other for that matter) to refuse to hand over those arrested on EU Warrants.
    I don't know much but have heard something about there being a correspoding offence in the country from which the person is being extradited. I seem to remember a list of 10 offences that all EU agreed on when it comes to extradition.

I know that Belgium demanded assurances over the treatment of Puigdemont if he were sent back. They obviously were not convinced as he was allowed to remain.

I think he is also claiming political asylum. I suppose there will be lots of legal processes that will have to be explored.

I'm feeling more and more anti-EU whilst at the same time resent brexit and the point of view of those who made it happen.

I'm going to move to Portugal.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    There is olebty of scope, whwther they will is unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    There is olebty of scope, whwther they will is unknown
    I couldn't have put it better myself.