+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales vs Uruguay

Re: Wales vs Uruguay

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Still 0-0 half an hour in. We've dominated possession but not much else. Suicidal passing among the back 4 put Suarez through who rounded Hennessy but could only hit the post.
    G rangetown blue will be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's played 2 games, one of which was a sub, the other was against Panama. We miss Ledley and Ramsey, not Ampadu.
    Don't think we've missed Ledley he slows the game down, we've looked better getting the ball forward quicker.

Uruguay have parked the bus & there's snippers in the stands!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Pressing the red button gives the commentary in English if you're watching on S4C...
    Unfortunately not on iPlayer

Good effort. One sloppy goal. The future is bright.

Well, all in all a decent performance. We looked a bit toothless in attack and fragile in defence but we can still heart from that

We missed Ramsey, but further up the pitch, not as a defender.

Well, all in all a decent performance. We looked a bit toothless in attack and fragile in defence but we can still heart from that
    Decent performance where we were toothless in attack and fragile defensively?

(Only being a pedantic prick don't take it seriously)

On the game.. I've just watched the first half and I honestly nearly fell asleep.
    Not worried about the result of a friendly but we certainly miss Ramsey and I'd like a replacement for Ashley..

I thought Hairy Wilson had a good game.

Williams looked slow today and is near the end of his international career, we also miss a replacement for Vokes as a target man. Shame Morrison at Millwall isnt considered anymore as he is having a cracking season.

Giggs needs to find a formation to suit our players and maybe revert to a back 4 in the future with Ampadu and Allen in front. Impressed with Harry Wilson and Lee Evans to add to Ramsey, Woodburn, Lawrence and Brooks to give some options as attacking midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Decent performance where we were toothless in attack and fragile defensively?

(Only being a pedantic prick don't take it seriously)

On the game.. I've just watched the first half and I honestly nearly fell asleep.
    Not worried about the result of a friendly but we certainly miss Ramsey and I'd like a replacement for Ashley..
    WELL I NEVER. CONSIDER YOURSELF BLOCKED, SIR. But in all seriousness, we could do with a decent striker.

The BBC report said "an impressive Uruguay side". Am I the only one that wasn't overly "impressed" with them?

Williams seems to have lost it since leaving the Jacks.
    Shame. He’s. been a great servant for Wales.

We really need to find a way to fashion good chances when we have possession. Our tactic is basically still 'keep the ball and hope Bale does something to win the game'. As we found out in the World Cup qualifiers - that only gets you so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    We really need to find a way to fashion good chances when we have possession. Our tactic is basically still 'keep the ball and hope Bale does something to win the game'. As we found out in the World Cup qualifiers - that only gets you so far.
    Hopefully Brooks, Woodburn and Wilson will keep on developing, they all have goals in them.

WELL I NEVER. CONSIDER YOURSELF BLOCKED, SIR. But in all seriousness, we could do with a decent striker.

The BBC report said "an impressive Uruguay side". Am I the only one that wasn't overly "impressed" with them?
    60 minutes in and I'm turning it off...or at least not really glued to it like normal..probably because I know how it finishes.. but neither team is good enough to be considered "impressive".

I'm not a fan of 5 at the back.

Won't criticise as we don't have a full team and it's early days. What i like is we get forward a bit faster..Ramsey to come back..probably won't keep John at left back etc..ampadu to come back in..

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Williams seems to have lost it since leaving the Jacks.
    Shame. He’s. been a great servant for Wales.
    I've never been one to slate him on here, he's put some cracking shifts in, but he's definitely coming to the end for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Agree. We look laboured.

I'd bench Vokes and use Bale up top and put woodburn and Brooks either side of him (or any other 2 that people like)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ledley hasn't got Ampadu's distribution or reading of the game.
    Again, Ampadu has played two games. Let's not get carried away.

I'm not getting carried away, I have observed Ampadu playing for Exeter, Chelsea and Wales. The lad has a big future ahead of him, the way he reads the game and plays out of defence is not something you see every day, especially in one so young.

I don't think WB saying he is the type of player we need is getting carried away. He is correct. We don't have a defensive midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and can pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not getting carried away, I have observed Ampadu playing for Exeter, Chelsea and Wales. The lad has a big future ahead of him, the way he reads the game and plays out of defence is not something you see every day, especially in one so young.
    Did you go to all these Exeter games when he played then? He wasn't on TV. He's played a handful of games for Cheslea, and he's played in midfield. Ledley only has 76 caps in his position so he's pretty much a novice. You can't judge Ampadu yet, and it's unfair to put so much pressure on a young lad's shoulders. Regardless of what you say, his positional play will need work, and he's still not a centre back or a centre mid, so he'll need to decide at some point and carve out a niche.

I don't think WB saying he is the type of player we need is getting carried away. He is correct. We don't have a defensive midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and can pass.
    Joe Allen is pretty shit, isn't he? Him and Ledley have been a constant weakness...

Did you go to all these Exeter games when he played then? He wasn't on TV. He's played a handful of games for Cheslea, and he's played in midfield. Ledley only has 76 caps in his position so he's pretty much a novice. You can't judge Ampadu yet, and it's unfair to put so much pressure on a young lad's shoulders. Regardless of what you say, his positional play will need work, and he's still not a centre back or a centre mid, so he'll need to decide at some point and carve out a niche.
    Why can't you judge him? He is a permanent member of Chelsea's first team squad, so he's obviously good enough.

Joe Allen is pretty shit, isn't he? Him and Ledley have been a constant weakness...
    His passing today was awful.

Don't put words in my mouth, neither Ledley or Allen are awful, I'd consider Allen more box to box and not a defensive midfielder.
    Ampadu in MY OPINION is different to both as he is a defensive minded player who can pass and carry the ball. Ledley IN MY OPINION isn't a defensive midfielder he's a centre mid who's lost his pace.

You are hard work. Really are.

His passing today was awful.

Don't put words in my mouth, neither Ledley or Allen are awful, I'd consider Allen more box to box and not a defensive midfielder.
    Ampadu in MY OPINION is different to both as he is a defensive minded player who can pass and carry the ball. Ledley IN MY OPINION isn't a defensive midfielder he's a centre mid who's lost his pace.

You are hard work. Really are.
    No, I just think that people are praising Ampadu as the second coming of Jesus, when we don't know how good he'll be. I think he could be really good but it's laughable to suggest "we're really missing Ampadu" when he's not even kicked a ball competitively for us. He's a fine prospect but that's all he is. Ledley has played defensive mid for about 5 years and has formed a key partnership with Allen.

No, I just think that people are praising Ampadu as the second coming of Jesus, when we don't know how good he'll be. I think he could be really good but it's laughable to suggest "we're really missing Ampadu" when he's not even kicked a ball competitively for us. He's a fine prospect but that's all he is. Ledley has played defensive mid for about 5 years and has formed a key partnership with Allen.
    No idea how good he will become but all my point is, is that Ampadu is a more natural player in the role. Ledley is decent there but he's not a defensive midfielder.
    Messi isn't a striker now just because Barca play him up top with Suarez. Ledley isn't a CDM.