+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wales vs Uruguay

Re: Wales vs Uruguay

Think Giggs needs to look at retiring Ashley Williams. He was miles off it pace-wise and positionally for most of Uruguay's chances. For the goal he was nowhere near Cavani who he should have been marking. He has been a magnificent player for Wales but just looks very past it. He even got found out a couple of times against China.
    Because of that, given we have a real shortage of centre backs, I don't think it makes sense for us to play five at the back any more. Davies, one of the best full backs in the Premier League on form this season, it totally wasted there. We need to try and get Mepham some game time and see if he's capable of forming a partnership with Chester.

My ideal line-up going forward:
    Hennessey/Ward
    Gunter/Roberts Chester Mepham Davies
    Allen Ampadu/King
    Brooks/Lawrence Ramsey Woodburn
    Bale

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, I just think that people are praising Ampadu as the second coming of Jesus, when we don't know how good he'll be. I think he could be really good but it's laughable to suggest "we're really missing Ampadu" whenever he's not even kicked a ball competitively for us. He's a fine prospect but that's all he is. Ledley has played defensive mid for about 5 years and has formed a key partnership with Allen.
    I said we were missing him today when our defence were all over the place!

You are hard work. Really are.

PS why did you add the word "really"? I never said "we're really missing Ampadu". You seem to be pretty loose with your embellishments

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I said we were missing him today when our defence were all over the place!

You are hard work. Really are.

PS why did you add the word "really"? I never said "we're really missing Ampadu". You seem to be pretty loose with your embellishments
    Gave me a headache trying to talk about Messi with him. Pretty sure he's difficult on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Gave me a headache trying to talk about Messi with him. Pretty sure he's difficult on purpose.
    I don't mind a bit of banter but IMO Ampadu is already good enough even if he doesn't improve anymore. Looking at his stats he hardly ever gives the ball away. I can't remember if Wales have ever had a player like this before, who can comfortably play from deep with a calm head. Am I missing anybody?

Ampadu has huge potential. But that's all it is at the moment. I've seen him look shaky for Chelsea this season. You can't say we are missing him yet! International is a step up from the league cup and Exeter City. It's not being hard work, it's being realistic.

He's got to be better than Andy King though..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't mind a bit of banter but IMO Ampadu is already good enough even if he doesn't improve anymore. Looking at his stats he hardly ever gives the ball away. I can't remember if Wales have ever had a player like this before, who can comfortably play from deep with a calm head. Am I missing anybody?
    Lesley and Allen, those 2 players well known for playing defensive midfield, duh.