+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Burton

Team for Burton

Will be very interesting as Gunnar, Ward and Ralls all come into the frame, plus the fact we have a couple away on international duty that might complicate things.
    On the whole Warnock does not mess around with his team selection and I think he will be hoping for a settled side for the last 9 games. He might be tempted to play Madine up top with Ken but I guess he will play his usual 433

Etheridge (if back from Manilla)
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Dujic
    Paterson (again if he is back)
    Ralls
    NML
    Zohore
    Junior

subs
    Murphy
    Gunnar
    Halford
    Madine
    Ward
    Feeney
    Damour

I am a bit worried about this game. The postponement and break may have come at the wrong time and I can see us struggling to get a grip on the game in the first half. Hopefully we will put it right in the second half against opponents whose sole ambition will be to get a point or perhaps nick a goal on the counter.

Re: Team for Burton

Etheridge

Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

NML
    Grujic (holding)
    Paterson (same as he always does
    Hoilett

Madine (behind to hold up and flick on)

Zohore (up top to run the fear of god into their defence)

Etheridge

Peltier/Manga - Morrison - Bamba - Richards

Ralls - Grujic

Paterson

NML - Zohore - Hoilett

Subs: Murphy, Peltier/Manga, Connolly, Gunnarsson, Traore, Madine, Wildschutt

(Tough on Richards, Halford, Damour, J Ward, K Harris, Pilkington, Feeney and Bryson. The squad is looking very strong again!)

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Dujic
    Ralls
    NML
    Zohore
    Junior
    looks good to me, i would perhaps swap damour in for gruijic though - he still looks way too casual on the ball and makes a lot of missplaced passes for a centre mid

Burton have got to get wins asap so it should be an open game. I agree the break has not been great for our momentum, but if we can nick an early goal then the game will really open up.

No injuries from the lads who've gone away would be perfect, and some extra recovery time for the lads who were already injured might just work in our favour.

I am a bit worried about this game. The postponement and break may have come at the wrong time and I can see us struggling to get a grip on the game in the first half. Hopefully we will put it right in the second half against opponents whose sole ambition will be to get a point or perhaps nick a goal on the counter.
    It's perfect timing. We get to forget about the previous brilliant 9-game unbeaten run, and start from scratch again. It's much easier to plan out a 9-game sequence, that it is an 18-game one. It's all in the mind see .. Neil will be delighted.

Just when did Ralls become fit enough to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Yeah this

I'm not convinced he will be.

I expect to see Jeremy's team but with Bryson in it instead of Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Etheridge

Ralls - Grujic

Paterson

NML - Zohore - Hoilett

(Tough on Richards, Halford, Damour, J Ward, K Harris, Pilkington, Feeney and Bryson. The squad is looking very strong again!)
    Is Richards starting or not ?

Surely you mean Bennett at LB ?

Will be very interesting as Gunnar, Ward and Ralls all come into the frame, plus the fact we have a couple away on international duty that might complicate things.
    On the whole Warnock does not mess around with his team selection and I think he will be hoping for a settled side for the last 9 games. He might be tempted to play Madine up top with Ken but I guess he will play his usual 433

Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Dujic
    Ralls
    NML
    Zohore
    Junior

subs
    Murphy
    Gunnar
    Halford
    Madine
    Ward
    Feeney
    Damour

Wheres Bryson ?. Dont think Ralls will be fit enough to come straight back in either. Same as Brentford for me, as long as no new injuries from Internationals, with Bryson in squad for Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    looks good to me, i would perhaps swap damour in for gruijic though - he still looks way too casual on the ball and makes a lot of missplaced passes for a centre mid
    No way Damour is better than Grujic, who has stepped up in the last theee or four games. If Bryson and Ralls are not ready they will probably both start. Bryson instead of Damour for me if everyone fully fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Is Richards starting or not ?

Surely you mean Bennett at LB ?
    I do.

Etheridge

Ralls - Grujic

Paterson

NML - Zohore - Hoilett

Tough on Richards?? I'd guess he'd be delighted to be playing at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tough on Richards?? I'd guess he'd be delighted to be playing at left back.
    See posts above. It was a slip of the keyboard. I was thinking Bennett but typed Richards, That's why he's also listed as missing out.

Good question.

From the way Warnock described Richards and Ralls training before the break - and some admittedly vague statements about getting all the injured back - I assumed everyone (not missing or injured on International duty) would be available.

But against that neither Ralls or Richards will have had any match football unless something is arranged this week. I suppose that makes it unlikely they would be ready to step back in.

See posts above. It was a slip of the keyboard. I was thinking Bennett but typed Richards, That's why he's also listed as missing out.
    OK, cheers. I just read your post and commented on it rather than scrolling through the whole thread first.

As we've been on such a great run, I wouldn't make too many changes. If any at all.

I do.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No way Damour is better than Grujic, who has stepped up in the last theee or four games. If Bryson and Ralls are not ready they will probably both start. Bryson instead of Damour for me if everyone fully fit.
    They are chalk and cheese i guess...one is slow paced and prefers to pick his passes the other likes to run hard and get involved in speedy counter attacks..

oh and one actually impacts the game in a positive way.. ( couldn't resist)