+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Increasing our attendances

Increasing our attendances

We've all posted about this and probably to death, but I was wondering if it was down to something really simple.

Namely, ticket outlets (or the lack of).

Couldn't we be more inventive with how we sell tickets? Could we not have booths in town, at Central Station etc?

For example, I remember buying Euros in Tesco (Culverhouse Cross IIRC) for a holiday and they had a big poster up advertising the egg 'Judgement Day' and sold tickets at the same booth. I bought 3 tickets there and then on a whim for the kids to experience it. They turned out to be great seats too.

Couldn't the club issue those tickets that never seem to sell (ends of Grandstand / corner of Ninian and Canton) to outlets such as these on a sale or return basis?

We could also do with more advertising around the City - you wouldn't know there was a match on half a mile down the road if you weren't already 'in the know' ffs.

The opportunities are endless with all the large high res screens dotted about, not to mention the old school media such as buses / central station / bus stops etc.

Re: Increasing our attendances

Could do a deal with a sports outlet to sell them in store over South Wales.
    Percent of sale goes to that company.

Not sure if coincidence but well done the club. Just need those ticket booths around the City Centre now!!

Cardiff Bus2.JPG

Cardiff Bus1.JPG

Cardiff pub.JPG

The jacks used to do this. When we were working down there about nine years ago they were selling tickets for jack home games in the supermarkets all over the town.

Defo need better PR set up down the city and as stated above an alternative ticket sales outlet will certainly increase sales. The club have really progressed over the few seasons, but their PR has simply under-performed.
    Spedger

I believe there are something in the region of 70,000 people that commute into and out of Cardiff every weekday. While they are sat on the train or sat in traffic on Manor Way or whatever wondering about what they might do this weekend, the odd roadside billboard or poster in the carriage advertising the next few upcoming fixtures and how to buy tickets would increase awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I believe there are something in the region of 70,000 people that commute into and out of Cardiff every weekday. While they are sat on the train or sat in traffic on Manor Way or whatever wondering about what they might do this weekend, the odd roadside billboard or poster in the carriage advertising the next few upcoming fixtures and how to buy tickets would increase awareness.
    Bang on this.

We already have a marketing template and this even won an Oscar or two. Anyone good with Photoshop who could utilise this for 'CARDIFF' with a tiny bit of tweaking??

three-billboards-logo.jpg

The obvious one is a successful team! There's never an issue then!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Bang on this.

We already have a marketing template and this even won an Oscar or two. Anyone good with Photoshop who could utilise this for 'CARDIFF' with a tiny bit of tweaking??

three-billboards-logo.jpg
    Yep, damn good fIlm but the ending left me a bit up in the air. Definitely a sequel in the offing.