+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WBA - Not such a well run Club

WBA - Not such a well run Club

Re: WBA - Not such a well run Club

Football is broken in this country. I wonder if even Burnley would be in danger when they face the inevitable relegation back to the championship in the next few years.

Clubs need to be realistic and start to build in cheap release clauses and relegation wage reduction clauses ,,
    Far too many clubs are having to try to compete against teams with greater financial resources than them, and are ending up with a massive proportion of their budgets being tied up with ageing players on big wages who no longer perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Clubs need to be realistic and start to build in cheap release clauses and relegation wage reduction clauses ,,
    Far too many clubs are having to try to compete against teams with greater financial resources than them, and are ending up with a massive proportion of their budgets being tied up with ageing players on big wages who no longer perform.
    Loan fees piss me off as well. Big clubs sweep up all the emerging talent for next to nothing due to the FA rulings, have no intention of playing these players and then loan them to lower league clubs for fees much more than they paid in the first place. Not only that, but they put in caveats demanding they play certain amount of games or they get "fined". Lucky Grujic turned out Ok in the end for us.

Should have stuck with Pullis who has never be relegated!

Top level clubs have never had so much money and still they spend beyond their means.

It just goes to show most of the TV money is eaten up very easily.
    When fans were calling for Pulis''s head, I remember thinking 'be careful what you wish for'.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    It just goes to show most of the TV money is eaten up very easily.
    When fans were calling for Pulis''s head, I remember thinking 'be careful what you wish for'.
    They'd not won a game since they got to 40 points. Pulis' teams down tools when they've stayed up. I don't blame them.

It would be interesting to see what would happen to the jacks should they go down. The animosity towards the owners could be fatal and a Sunderland style fall might be possible. They have some huge games coming up and are far from out if it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'd not won a game since they got to 40 points. Pulis' teams down tools when they've stayed up. I don't blame them.
    I don’t blame them either but why would the board replace with someone worse rather than an exciting up and coming manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t blame them either but why would the board replace with someone worse rather than an exciting up and coming manager ?
    That's not on the fans, is it? They got rid of Pulis and most WBA fans were happy. Pardew's appointment was a bad one but the two are mutually exclusive. Pardew is part of a very lucky group whereby they can get jobs almost no matter what they do.

Meant it as a criticism of the board, I think the fans were 100% in the right and with the bottom half of the league being so average they should have pushed on.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It would be interesting to see what would happen to the jacks should they go down. The animosity towards the owners could be fatal and a Sunderland style fall might be possible. They have some huge games coming up and are far from out if it.
    Ive given up on the Jacks going down. Baggies are down, Southamptons run-in is horrendous, and I dont see the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke catching them.

Jenkins pulls a rabbit out of the hat again, the cock nosed tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Because clubs are damned if they do, damned if they dont. You employ someone with no experience of the PL and thats what gets the blame when clubs fail (Pellegrino at Southampton as a recent example). Then the same people, mainly journalists, or BAME managers, complain that the PL is a closed shop.

Bundesliga the managers / coaches are young as **** compared to England, and coaches are allowed to flourish. However, its a 1 team league, and relegation doesnt have anywhere near the impact compared to dropping out of the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive given up on the Jacks going down. Baggies are down, Southamptons run-in is horrendous, and I dont see the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke catching them.

Jenkins pulls a rabbit out of the hat again, the cock nosed tw@t.
    🤩