+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As it seems the vogue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As it seems the vogue

To make a fuss about things which aren't being discussed on here....
    Surprised there are no threads about the spending corruption by the leave campaign in the referendum.

Looks really bad from what I can make out.
    Im not sure what they can do about it, as I'm sure they aren't about to declare the election void.

Re: As it seems the vogue

Question though - is this the reason that the Tory press have gone into overdrive re: anti-Semitism, or is it the upcoming local elections?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Question though - is this the reason that the Tory press have gone into overdrive re: anti-Semitism, or is it the upcoming local elections?
    Both.

I think they have spotted a moment to give a labour a good kicking, people appear to be buying it again too.

Plenty of allies within the Labour party.

Whats worse, foreign meddling, Cambridge Analytica, overspending ( google "overspending on elections followed by a party name y ) ,this has a long way to run and I have a feeling the above three are not just one party issues,overspend has gone on for years

My message is if you cant think for yourself, don't vote , i have asked number of people, and can't find a single person who was effected by the election overspend , or the miss use of targeted social media. lets move on

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My message is if you cant think for yourself, don't vote , i have asked number of people, and can't find a single person who was effected by the election overspend , or the miss use of targeted social media. lets move on
    What would happen if it transpires that a well known country that is not Russia meddled in the US elections? It seem like at present everything depends on Russia being the bad guys, and all roads lead to Moscow, even theCambridge Analytica/Facebook controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What would happen if it transpires that a well known country that is not Russia meddled in the US elections? It seem like at present everything depends on Russia being the bad guys, and all roads lead to Moscow, even theCambridge Analytica/Facebook controversy.
    I don't even know who it is behind it , lets hope we find out , Russia does seem to be the focus of attention around the world from left , center,moderate and right wing governments even coalitions , what we don't know or see is the bigger picture , something is up in the world order though , all the way down to the City being in second , what is going on ???????.

You've asked people if they've been effected by online marketing?

You've asked people if they've been effected by online marketing?
    no i simply said to a number of work colleagues and friends did social media effect your vote they screwed their face up or laughed and said , no, not really i can think for myself .

no i simply said to a number of work colleagues and friends did social media effect your vote they screwed their face up or laughed and said , no, not really i can think for myself .
    Im not sure you appreciate how powerful these techniques are.
    I couldn't say with any confidence that I haven't been affected by them.

Im not sure you appreciate how powerful these techniques are.
    I couldn't say with any confidence that I haven't been affected by them.
    How would you rate them compared to the established media?

If you asked people if advertising had an effect on them, what do you think they'd say?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If you asked people if advertising had an effect on them, what do you think they'd say?
    I honestly don't know,I think it is viewed as an Initial interest most get turned of , for example, pop ups all everyone does is moan about them , adverts on TV are used for urination and chomping , stuff through the letter box in the bin?,

The Script

"Hi, I'm(A) ____________, and I'm (B) _________________...

(B) Our greatest responsibility is to serve our _________________ communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that _________________ News produces.

(A) But we're concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

(B) More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories... stories that just aren't true, without checking facts first.

(A) Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control 'exactly what people think'...This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

(B) At _________________ it's our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically 'left nor right.' Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

(A) But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to _________________.com and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

(B) We work very hard to seek the truth and strive to be fair, balanced and factual... We consider it our honor, our privilege to responsibly deliver the news every day.

(A) Thank you for watching and we appreciate your feedback"

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Script

"Hi, I'm(A) ____________, and I'm (B) _________________...

(B) Our greatest responsibility is to serve our _________________ communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that _________________ News produces.

(A) But we're concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

(B) More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories... stories that just aren't true, without checking facts first.

(A) Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control 'exactly what people think'...This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

(B) At _________________ it's our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically 'left nor right.' Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

(A) But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to _________________.com and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

(B) We work very hard to seek the truth and strive to be fair, balanced and factual... We consider it our honor, our privilege to responsibly deliver the news every day.

(A) Thank you for watching and we appreciate your feedback"

'Free Press'

No different here, free to say whatever the executives of the company which owns it wants them to say.

I saw this last night, incidentally it keeps getting removed on Reddit and Youtube.