+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sod this , I am off to Finland !!

Sod this , I am off to Finland !!

Helsinki has proportionately one of the highest female to male ratios in the western world

I fancy a bit of that !

In the words of some famous explorer , put the kettle on , I may be gone some time

Re: Sod this , I am off to Finland !!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Helsinki has proportionately one of the highest female to male ratios in the western world

I fancy a bit of that !

In the words of some famous explorer , put the kettle on , I may be gone some time
    You won't get your Oates there.

I fancy a bit of that !

Why did Scott say that? Where did he go or what was he trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Why did Scott say that? Where did he go or what was he trying to do?
    I’m pretty sure it was Captain Oates that said the words, not Scott, and the kettle was not mentioned. He did say something about Cardiff attendances before walking out into the blizzard, but the official censor wasn’t going to let that into the record. It was ever so.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I’m pretty sure it was Captain Oates that said the words, not Scott, and the kettle was not mentioned. He did say something about Cardiff attendances before walking out into the blizzard, but the official censor wasn’t going to let that into the record. It was ever so.
    Hence my pun. for stan butler

Sludge, I was at a couple of Cowbridge's ale swigging joints last Friday, Esmondes and the Vale of Glamorgan. Both were excellent with plenty of affable, down-to-earth punters. I learnt that the Welly (Duke of Wellington?) was a favourite amongst the local Tory boys so gave that one a swerve as I had visions of you stood by the bar wearing that ghastly cravat knocking back the Pimms whilst extolling the virtues of Theresa May's stewardship of the economy. "Feck having to risk listening to any of that," I thought.

Renowned former Welsh egger JPR Williams arrived at the Vale on a push bike. Discretion prevents me from revealing details of the interesting conversation with him. I'll relay the juicy bits by secure means, either on the bat phone or via carrier pigeon.

I hope you're not serious about a Finnish excursion as that European arrest warrant is enforceable there.

Universal Income over there as well. £10,000 a year whether you are working or not.

Good luck getting your old boy to stand up in that weather, no wonder the local menfolk moved off to warmer climes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Good luck getting your old boy to stand up in that weather, no wonder the local menfolk moved off to warmer climes!
    Sludge is looking forward to being thrashed with a birch twig in the sauna.

Happiest country in the world, until Sludge's plane touches down that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hence my pun. for stan butler
    Scotts porage oats.jpg

I fancy a bit of that !

Huge bum..big tits

I fancy a bit of that !

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think Sludge is referring to Amundsen, around about the same time in fact.
    He was just about to go for an Ertha Kitt and was suffering from severe constipation.

I fancy a bit of that !

What about Ponty's recent stats ?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    In Finland VAT 24% , Income Tax 52%, very expensive to live and one of the highest suicide rates in the western world, beer's a bit pricey to.
    It's strange that some look at tax figures like that and thing "shit, that's a lot". Yet Scandinavian countries are run broadly by mainly centrist governments, have far higher taxes and prices for things, yet have better standards of living, less poverty, higher wages (even when living costs are taken into account) and superior public services.

Sludge is getting desperate now. He didn't go to Finland looking for women I think he to went to some industrial estate "up north".