+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What we need

What we need

Umpteenth thread like this I know, so apologies.

Looking through our remaining fixtures, with a conservative head on (not Tory).
    We have 4 home games and 5 away.

Say we win 2 and draw 2 of the home games, and take 5 points from the away (which is a downtown in fortunes), we end up on 89 points.
    To beat that Fulham or villa would need to win 7 out of their last 8 matches, which is a tall order!

No matter how much I convince myself with the cold hard numbers, I'm still nervous about the run in. That 6-0 thrashing at Preston those years ago casts a long shadow.

Re: What we need

You are not alone.

I will not feel confident of anything until the numbers make it certain.

But at the same time I feel proud of the team and expect them to compete in every game, whatever the final result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Umpteenth thread like this I know, so apologies.

Looking through our remaining fixtures, with a conservative head on (not Tory).
    We have 4 home games and 5 away.

Say we win 2 and draw 2 of the home games, and take 5 points from the away (which is a downtown in fortunes), we end up on 89 points.
    To beat that Fulham or villa would need to win 7 out of their last 8 matches, which is a tall order!

No matter how much I convince myself with the cold hard numbers, I'm still nervous about the run in. That 6-0 thrashing at Preston those years ago casts a long shadow.

FFS! Been quite chilled last few days now you rake it all up again.

Ah that Preston game....I had just emerged from 6 weeks of radiotherapy and the boys promised to look after me for my first game back. I was a bit fragile to say the least. I made the effort that day squashed into a minibus. The team fecking didn't. Beautiful day, potential promotion party. Wasnt it 0-0 half time? Then it all went wrong

I've been checking the fixtures and league table every day since last our aborted trip to Derby - even though I know it can't have changed!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You are not alone.

I will not feel confident of anything until the numbers make it certain.

But at the same time I feel proud of the team and expect them to compete in every game, whatever the final result.
    This is how I feel.
    And even though I'm still not confident I really believe that if we do miss out it won't be for a lack of trying.

Didn't always feel like that in the past.

I'm still a bag of nerves though as the club really need this and I feel the manager and players deserve it.

Will be so gutted if we lose out

Cliche time, its ours to win or lose, and I bet every Fulham and Villa fan would swap positions with us at this stage .

Pressures all on Fulham and Villa. We’ve got to slip up in at least 4 of our remaining 9 games and for every game they slip up, and they will slip up, they won’t win all 8 at this stage of the season, it’s another one we can afford to slip up.

Even Russell Slade form from here (3 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses) will be enough IMO

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pressures all on Fulham and Villa. We’ve got to slip up in at least 4 of our remaining 9 games and for every game they slip up, and they will slip up, they won’t win all 8 at this stage of the season, it’s another one we can afford to slip up.

Even Russell Slade form from here (3 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses) will be enough IMO
    Did you have to?!

If we don't lose at Villa I'll be confident

Does anyone think we are already up?

I don't, but bloody hell we are close.

It's only just dawned on me in the last few days that we are potentially just a couple of weeks from getting promoted.

We are on a seven game winning run and, maybe it's because the pessimist in me can't acknowledge how well we are doing, it doesn't feel like we are so close to such an amazing feat.

I really can't wait for Friday and a weekend of footy culminating in the game at Sheff Utd on Monday.

Last two weeks have been bleak.

We'll be up before we play Derby, if not we will smash them to make certain

It would be the most Cardiff City-esque thing ever to blow it now, but this entire season has been the least Cardiff City-esque season in memory. The winning runs, the unity, the recovery from christmas. IF, big IF, we do manage it, I would love it to be that Forest game, needing just a point, or better yet, promoted before the game has even kicked off, and the entire day just being one big piss up in the sun. Come on the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Does anyone think we are already up?

I don't, but bloody hell we are close.

It's only just dawned on me in the last few days that we are potentially just a couple of weeks from getting promoted.

We are on a seven game winning run and, maybe it's because the pessimist in me can't acknowledge how well we are doing, it doesn't feel like we are so close to such an amazing feat.

I really can't wait for Friday and a weekend of footy culminating in the game at Sheff Utd on Monday.

Last two weeks have been bleak.
    Not up but so close. They need to win 3 more games than us now, and the pressure is ramping up. As JR says, 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats will be enough.

Even more pressure in them if we beat Burton and they don’t win away this weekend.

3 points from the burton game are crucial - especially after the break - need to show we've lost none of our momentum.

In some ways derby may have done us a favour - if we'd have lost that game we could have a lot less self belief..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    3 points from the burton game are crucial - especially after the break - need to show we've lost none of our momentum.

In some ways derby may have done us a favour - if we'd have lost that game we could have a lot less self belief..
    Exactly.
    Spedger

I'm super confident of our chances, but blimey, just looking at the fixtures they aint half bunched up.. bound to get a few injuries playing so many games in April, if so hope it's in positions we've got decent cover.. being honest I'm a little nervous.

Burton game is massive, if we win, I'm sure we will go up