+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR against England

VAR against England

England denied victory over Italy because of a late VAR call.

A penalty awarded against them. I guess we are not going to hear about anything else for days now.

Re: VAR against England

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

A penalty awarded against them. I guess we are not going to hear about anything else for days now.
    Luckily the Australian Cricket Team will save us.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Another weird call from VAR

It wasn’t exactly a clear and obvious error. In fact I’m still not sure that was a pen.

Enjoying Bilic as a pundit, great entertainment compared to the two boring feckers sat either side of him rolling out the same cliche's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Enjoying Bilic as a pundit, great entertainment compared to the two boring feckers sat either side of him rolling out the same cliche's.
    Lee Dixon could be telling you that you’ve won the Euro Millions and you’d still want to jump off a cliff.

Italy came on strong towards the end and deserved something. Ashley Young getting a yellow for rolling back onto play was funny.

Looked a penalty on the replays but hard to spot in real time IMO

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another weird call from VAR

It wasn’t exactly a clear and obvious error. In fact I’m still not sure that was a pen.
    He stepped on his foot. VAR did exactly what it was meant to do - result in the correct decision.

As much as I hate to say it, it was not a penalty. The guy was already on the way down, and it was definitely not a clear and obvious mistake.
    VAR is ****ing appalling and will kill football for the fans that go to games, all so the TV companies have something else to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Looked a penalty on the replays but hard to spot in real time IMO
    They wouldn't be moaning if it went for them

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, it was not a penalty. The guy was already on the way down, and it was definitely not a clear and obvious mistake.
    VAR is ****ing appalling and will kill football for the fans that go to games, all so the TV companies have something else to talk about.
    This. ^^^

He was throwing himself to the ground already. Looks worse in slow mo.

This. ^^^

He was throwing himself to the ground already. Looks worse in slow mo.
    They should've had a penalty in the first 5 minutes with Stones having a very early shower.

Stood on his foot,pen all day for me though I admit it was hard to call in real time.Better get used to it because its here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Italy came on strong towards the end and deserved something. Ashley Young getting a yellow for rolling back onto play was funny.
    THIS^^^

After going on Twitter last night and seeing all the England fans, pundits (Shearer and Barton in particular) and journalists getting outraged about VAR ive changed my mind.

Pen. All day long.

God help they have a VAR decision go against them at the World Cup

I'm glad England got done over.

But VAR is a real problem that will kill the game as we know it and that incident last night shows exactly why. The Italian was already going down, he'd lost the ball before the English player steps on his foot while running along.
    Now, in what way should accidentally stepping on his foot be rewarded with a penalty? How is that just? Did stepping on the guy's foot deny Italy the chance to score a goal? Absolutely not. Did it hinder their play at all to the extent that it would be a foul? Nope.

One of the many problems with VAR is refs are just looking for any contact and deciding that should be a pen, without any context to the contact. All this is doing is encouraging those bastard players who will knock the ball miles past their opponent then drag their foot to bring about the much-heralded 'contact' that idiot refs and myopic pundits think justify a foul or a penalty. It's all a slow march towards football where defending is not allowed.

After going on Twitter last night and seeing all the England fans, pundits (Shearer and Barton in particular) and journalists getting outraged about VAR ive changed my mind.

Pen. All day long.

God help they have a VAR decision go against them at the World Cup
    I hope there's a massive VAR decision that costs someone big time. If it happens to be England, so be it. I hope it goes so badly they have to can it. You can spot a foul in probably every phase of play so there'll be so many instances of calls like this. Never a pen either.

The ref looked a real prat as he jogged to the screen and peered at it.

Looked an even greater prat when he had to give a pen he'd missed.