+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Smith's press conference / apology

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Steve Smith's press conference / apology

I have disliked Australian cricketers ever since I saw them at a hotel I was staying at with work in Birmingham back in 1989. They were a surly bunch. Factor in their sledging of opposition players over many years and the gloating of the likes of Glenn McGrath and it is very difficult to like them.

No surprise Warner was involved in this. As has been said he is a “wrong un”. As for Smith he is an idiot. He has thrown away a superb career with this pre meditated cheating. He will go through dark days but it serves him right.
    Bancroft was naive and again has to accept that he has brought the game into disrepute.

The next Ashes series in England will be interesting especially as all three will have completed their bans by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have disliked Australian cricketers ever since I saw them at a hotel I was staying at with work in Birmingham back in 1989. They were a surly bunch. Factor in their sledging of opposition players over many years and the gloating of the likes of Glenn McGrath and it is very difficult to like them.

No surprise Warner was involved in this. As has been said he is a “wrong un”. As for Smith he is an idiot. He has thrown away a superb career with this pre meditated cheating. He will go through dark days but it serves him right.
    Bancroft was naive and again has to accept that he has brought the game into disrepute.

The next Ashes series in England will be interesting especially as all three will have completed their bans by then.
    Lehmann crying made me smile after his plea to the Aussie public to send Broad home in tears,as for the next ashes series,l think it could be quite tasty

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Lehmann crying made me smile after his plea to the Aussie public to send Broad home in tears,as for the next ashes series,l think it could be quite tasty
    Yep. It’s difficult to feel any sympathy for any of them.