+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Jewish society at college in Manchester

The Jewish society at college in Manchester

During Freshers week they had a stall and the main theme at the time .....1989 ......was the ill treatment of Soviet Jews

When my mate said it was a worthy cause but what about Israel's treatment of the Palestinians it ended up in a ruck with the student security getting involved

To criticise Israeli policy in the middle East is not anti Semitic or anti jew.......how could it be when millions of Jewish people around the world and hundreds of thousands in Israel KNOW it's wrong ?

Re: The Jewish society at college in Manchester

You seem very impressed by Dave Rich and Nick Cohen.

I do not recognise or accept Cohen's description of the left on British campusus in the 1970s (or 1980s or 1990s), his contemptuous dismissal and total misrepresentation of the palestine solidarity movement, or his redefinition of Zionism and how that ideology works through the Israeli state and its apologists. Nick Cohen has been doing this for years along with a whole stable of Guardian/Observer journalists and columnists who combine a defence of Israel and its actions (though sometimes challenging Netanyahu, some aspects of illegal settlement expansion, and the most embarrassing examples of child murder in Gaza) with a nostalgic love of Blairism.

Where Cohen has got something useful to say is around the point where Islamism meets anti-racism - and the dangers of believing 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'. I just wish he would do it with more honesty and detachment.

Re: The Jewish society at college in Manchester

Friedland is another pussy who used to write for the guardian and swerve away from the murder of Palestinian children in Gaza