+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andre Gray linked to Cardiff - if promoted

Andre Gray linked to Cardiff - if promoted

I assume the club are already well on with planning for Premier league or Championship football next season and the scouts are busy on both possibilities.

This rumour is very early, and maybe tempts fate, but there will be a lot more to come. Not sure what I think about him as an option - not too excited.

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...ed-andre-gray/

Cardiff City are rumoured to have been offered Watford striker Andre Gray, should the Bluebirds win promotion to the Premier League.

The 26-year-old has had a barren spell in front of goal this season, scoring just four times in 26 league appearances, following his departure from Turf Moor last summer, after he rejected their contract offer.

With Watford paying a club record fee of a reported £18.5m, Cardiff may have to negotiate a cut-price for Gray, if any deal were to take place.

Chris Boden who is Sports Editor at the Burnley Express, says that Watford’s record signing Andre Gray could be set to depart Vicarage Road, with the Cardiff City Stadium being his likely destination in the summer.

Chris Boden

@bodenknights
    Non-Burnley related line, but led to believe Andre Gray could be on his way from Watford in the summer, told he’s been offered to Cardiff should they win promotion

2:44 PM - Mar 29, 2018

Gray has seen his playing time reduced since the arrival of manager Javi Garcia, with just one start under the Spaniard since his appointment, along with three substitute appearances for the Hornets.

However, Garcia spoke to the Watford Observer saying that he is happy with the strikers he has on offer to him, in his squad selection.

“I’m happy, with all of the strikers. I have to choose one striker, or other times two, and Andre is playing less than others,” he said.

“It is not because he is not working well, it’s because I have to choose. I don’t know what will happen in the next games, it is possible Andre will play more.”

Gray has had a remarkable rise through the leagues, having been released by Shrewsbury Town earlier on in his career. He burst onto the scene when he scored 29 league goals in 75 appearances for non-league Hinckley Town, before impressing in the football league for Luton Town. After 47 goals in 88 league appearances for Luton, he earnt a move to Brentford, before moving on to Burnley and now Watford.

Re: Andre Gray linked to Cardiff - if promoted

Should we make promotion, we have to get the strikers right this time.
    I don’t think blowing loads of cash is the answer either.

Snatching a Player from Wolves, tidy move, weaken the opposition

64d2dce678b51473a4b0640779913a16.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

That is how You Do Humour.

I like him Jon. I know he's had some stinkers for Watford this season but when he was at Brentford he was superb. I remember when they beat us down here with Jota, Pritchard and co, Gray was brilliant.

He was a bit of a looker back in the day.