+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Martin Keown interviews Warnock....

Martin Keown interviews Warnock....

Daily Mail, decent interview....seems like the media are taking notice of Mr Warnock again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...on-charge.html

....and giving him the credit he's due.

Re: Martin Keown interviews Warnock....

Good read. Enjoyed that

Great quote from it. Sums up the excitement of the championship compared to the struggles/success of the premier league. From someone who's experienced both:
    KEOWN: Promotion with Aston Villa was probably the best I've ever felt. Titles are nice, but when you get top-flight status you walk through the summer with your chest puffed out. Do you want your players to experience that feeling

Let's smash burton now!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Great quote from it. Sums up the excitement of the championship compared to the struggles/success of the premier league. From someone who's experienced both:
    KEOWN: Promotion with Aston Villa was probably the best I've ever felt. Titles are nice, but when you get top-flight status you walk through the summer with your chest puffed out. Do you want your players to experience that feeling

Let's smash burton now!
    It's an enjoyable read and I've also enjoyed the interviews with Sol Bamba and Warnock with Nathan Blake this week, they are coming across relaxed but confident, should be an exciting run in.

Just wish I could get my 2 older boys interested again, they stopped going when we changed shirts to red as they were so upset about it and haven't been back since. I think the 2nd one is starting to come round, I keep telling them it's time to move on now and there is so much to like about Neil Warnock and the current squad of players in the way they perform so wholeheartedly on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Daily Mail, decent interview....seems like the media are taking notice of Mr Warnock again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...on-charge.html

....and giving him the credit he's due.
    According to some he's been getting it all season 😂

Funny thing is, since I made that post a few weeks back there has been a plethora of articles about The Messiah.

I SO hope we finish the job - what a story !

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Let's smash burton now!
    Keown is my sort of player.

Not the most talented, but the heart of a lion.

A true winner.

I hate all the big clubs but the nearest I ever came to liking one was George Graham's Arsenal. They were a machine and full of characters.

Tony Adams in another I have respect for, his autobiography is a great read

Everyone loves the skilful players.. ( I also loved Gazza) but most successful British teams need the Keowns, Adams and for us Morrisons and Bambas.

Every Thursday I play 5s in a team full of old guys who have little talent but massive hearts, our opponents are always younger are much more skilful.

I shout and cajole people into picking their man up , I'd block shots with my face and expect every one else to do the same.

We nearly always win.

I feel that the players City have now will do the same for us.

I'd walk through a burning desert to watch them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

A true winner.

I hate all the big clubs but the nearest I ever came to liking one was George Graham's Arsenal. They were a machine and full of characters.

Everyone loves the skilful players.. ( I also loved Gazza) but most successful British teams need the Keowns, Adams and for us Morrisons and Bambas.

Every Thursday I play 5s in a team full of old guys who have little talent but massive hearts, our opponents are always younger are much more skilful.

I shout and cajole people into picking their man up , Id block shots with my face and expect every one else to do the same.

We nearly always win.

It's beginning to show

We nearly always win.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It's true.

I struggle to believe it sometimes.

😂

I'm 48 and awkward and clumsy too. But I never give up, never stop battling.

Bit like our side.

That's why I love the way they go about it. First time for a long time I've felt like the team I love give everything for the club like we as fans do

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's beginning to show
    'Beginning ' 😂

A true winner.

I shout and cajole people into picking their man up , I'd block shots with my face and expect every one else to do the same.

We nearly always win.

So that’s the reason for the Vincent Tan on your face Tim !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So that’s the reason for the Vincent Tan on your face Tim !!!!
    Vincent Tan ??