+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GUNNARS - Hope you heard that FAN OVATION when you came on....

GUNNARS - Hope you heard that FAN OVATION when you came on....

.....and that you have no doubt about how we feel about you staying.

And three/four vintage passes there!

Re: GUNNARS - Hope you heard that FAN OVATION when you came on....

He was quality when he came on. A few tackles and a few lovely passes.

Such an organiser as well. We have a team full of leaders.

I think our best midfield is gunner, Ralls and Grujic. But Paterson can't stop scoring!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

I think our best midfield is gunner, Ralls and Grujic. But Paterson can't stop scoring!
    Based on the last few games I’d have Paterson in before Grujic. Marko makes too many mistakes in each game at present.

Last week most people on here said Gunners is not good enough to get into our side and get rid, good job Warnock is our manager Gunners is his sort of player?

The quality we need.
    He wasn't pulling out of any tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Based on the last few games I’d have Paterson in before Grujic. Marko makes too many mistakes in each game at present.
    I thought Grujic carried our midfield until Gunnarsson came on then got even better once Gunnar gave him a solid foundation to play from.

Grujic was very composed today, always with that extra half a second on the ball. He stood out for me.

I'm still a bit concerned with Manga at right back. Even though I thoight Lloyd Dyer was their best player, Bruno got skinned for their goal, as well as being caught out on other occasions. I've said before that I wonder whether NW has an issue with dropping any one of the three main centre backs. Peltier has to be play at right back for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

I think our best midfield is Paterson + two others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Last week most people on here said Gunners is not good enough to get into our side and get rid, good job Warnock is our manager Gunners is his sort of player?
    A week is a long time in football, but to be fair, most people were complaining about him not signing a new contract, and using us as a springboard to get fit for the World Cup.

Grujic is a few second ahead of almost everyone else on the pitch, he's quality and held the midfield together today

Looks like I'm the only one who isn't that certain of Grujic, so I guess I'm wrong. I'll have a closer look in the Wolves game but he seems to need too long on the ball for my liking and quite a few times played us into trouble. That could be the position he is playing in, but he was responsible for Bryson's early yellow by losing the ball cheaply when a number of easy passes had been on earlier.

I'm yet to be convinced you may have noticed

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thought Grujic carried our midfield until Gunnarsson came on then got even better once Gunnar gave him a solid foundation to play from.
    Agreed, but I see Warnock said he had a dodgy twenty minutes in the first half - great to see Gunnar back and there was no easing himself in gently, he significantly improved our midfield when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Grujic is a few second ahead of almost everyone else on the pitch, he's quality and held the midfield together today
    Absolutely 100%.