+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    I think rick wright deserves a mention the promotion in 92/93 was probably one of the best years of following the club. Also made no promises and got out when he said he would. Only mark against him is he sold to kumar
    Didnt like him at all. He ran it on a shoestring (he basically had no money), upset some of the players by not paying agreed bonuses and then threatened to walk away and shut it down for no reason that I can remember apart from the fact he realised that no one liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Didnt like him at all. He ran it on a shoestring (he basically had no money), upset some of the players by not paying agreed bonuses and then threatened to walk away and shut it down for no reason that I can remember apart from the fact he realised that no one liked him.
    Bit like our current owner then?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Eh. Over £100m is hardly a shoestring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Eh. Over £100m is hardly a shoestring.
    If the amount of money you put in to a club is recognition of greatness he deserves some acknowledgement due but of course the rest of his behaviour bears witness to what a complete twat the guy has been. There was a time when he was making our club a laffing stock. Lets not try and suggest the guy is anything other than the owner of the club at present.

If the amount of money you put in to a club is recognition of greatness he deserves some acknowledgement due but of course the rest of his behaviour bears witness to what a complete twat the guy has been. There was a time when he was making our club a laffing stock. Lets not try and suggest the guy is anything other than the owner of the club at present.
    I was referring to the previous post saying Tan had no money and had invested a shoestring. Strange how some people would have preferred the club to go into liquidation.

You are making yourself a 'laffing stock' by posting crap like this on here.

What a stupid post, only you could see similarities between VT and Rick Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The only player he upset was Phil (I'll tell the EGGO what everyone earns) Stant.

He joined half way through the season, but wanted the same bonus as players who had been here since the beginning.

Even the players knew he was wrong, that's why, when that group of players have a get together, Stant is never invited.