Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vincent Tan

Re: Vincent Tan

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Bit like our current owner then?
    Eh. Over £100m is hardly a shoestring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The thread has been on here 18 hours and nobody has "kicked off" at all.

I think that Tan has been great for the club and if it wasn't for the stupid colour change 6 years ago he would be widely recognised as the best owner the club has ever had.
    "...stupid colour change..." is perhaps downplaying what he actually did and what his intentions were?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Eh. Over £100m is hardly a shoestring.
    If the amount of money you put in to a club is recognition of greatness he deserves some acknowledgement due but of course the rest of his behaviour bears witness to what a complete twat the guy has been. There was a time when he was making our club a laffing stock. Lets not try and suggest the guy is anything other than the owner of the club at present.

If the amount of money you put in to a club is recognition of greatness he deserves some acknowledgement due but of course the rest of his behaviour bears witness to what a complete twat the guy has been. There was a time when he was making our club a laffing stock. Lets not try and suggest the guy is anything other than the owner of the club at present.
    I was referring to the previous post saying Tan had no money and had invested a shoestring. Strange how some people would have preferred the club to go into liquidation.

Nick...

If I was you (thankfully I'm not an irritable nor hormonal) I'd have considered the "...stupid colour change..." and Tans intentions with it?

You said what you have, I'm just offering something for you to consider.

Chill and peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Didnt like him at all. He ran it on a shoestring (he basically had no money), upset some of the players by not paying agreed bonuses and then threatened to walk away and shut it down for no reason that I can remember apart from the fact he realised that no one liked him.
    The only player he upset was Phil (I'll tell the EGGO what everyone earns) Stant.

He joined half way through the season, but wanted the same bonus as players who had been here since the beginning.

Even the players knew he was wrong, that's why, when that group of players have a get together, Stant is never invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Nick...

If I was you (thankfully I'm not an irritable nor hormonal) I'd have considered the "...stupid colour change..." and Tans intentions with it?

You said what you have, I'm just offering something for you to consider.

Chill and peace out.
    Out of interest, what are these "intentions"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Out of interest, what are these "intentions"?
    Good question. Although I'm hypothesising some may suggest it was to create a new identity, culture and commercial product which would make it more palatable to a target market client group that originate in the Asia.

Perhaps I'm wrong?

Good question. Although I'm hypothesising some may suggest it was to create a new identity, culture and commercial product which would make it more palatable to a target market client group that originate in the Asia.

Perhaps I'm wrong?
    Nick would often post about how great Tan was after a Cardiff win in the promotion season, he even did the same after the Man C win. Nick, controversial by design,

Perhaps I'm wrong?
    It's about here that it becomes all about individual viewpoints.

My viewpoint is that VT was begged to invest by TD (TG?) and that he did so after initially saying you'd have to be mad to invest in a football team.

It appears he got the bug after some of our performances - especially the League Cup Final - and decided to take the plunge despite his initial reservations. In his initial discussions with some of the 'favoured' fan base he appeared to make clear that his intention was to run the Club in a business-like manner and he did indeed state that he was hoping to make the team attractive to the Far East market. The intentions he outlined left some people distinctly unhappy about the proposals and set fan against fan.

It's at this point your view of VT as a benefactor or dictator will depend on how important you viewed the need for his investment at the time. There was also a third viewpoint from those who just wanted to see money spent and Cardiff 'playing with the big boys'.

Not being in any Inner Circle I have assembled what I think has happened from reading Club, Press and MB articles. I think the key point in all of this is that it appears VT sought opinions on rebranding to Red and was encouraged to do so. In this I think the Club wanting the money badly (and some individuals!) meant that common sense was supressed and the long-term was sacrificed to short-term needs (wants?).

My view is that in terms of honesty and intentions VT has never shied away from saying what he was going to do AND in following up on his promises if he could. People will talk about 'debt-free' promises not fulfilled but I have no idea what is possible to be done within FFP and I'm just grateful to have had an extended period of not worrying about the Club going bust. Anything after that is a bonus and right now I'm in a really good place personally as a supporter. I understand other people's experiences may differ...

Bit like our current owner then?
    What a stupid post, only you could see similarities between VT and Rick Wright.

You are making yourself a 'laffing stock' by posting crap like this on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    We'll be a massive club in the 20s again, very soon from now.
    Love that :clap:

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

My viewpoint is that VT was begged to invest by TD (TG?) and that he did so after initially saying you'd have to be mad to invest in a football team.

It appears he got the bug after some of our performances - especially the League Cup Final - and decided to take the plunge despite his initial reservations. In his initial discussions with some of the 'favoured' fan base he appeared to make clear that his intention was to run the Club in a business-like manner and he did indeed state that he was hoping to make the team attractive to the Far East market. The intentions he outlined left some people distinctly unhappy about the proposals and set fan against fan.

It's at this point your view of VT as a benefactor or dictator will depend on how important you viewed the need for his investment at the time. There was also a third viewpoint from those who just wanted to see money spent and Cardiff 'playing with the big boys'.

Not being in any Inner Circle I have assembled what I think has happened from reading Club, Press and MB articles. I think the key point in all of this is that it appears VT sought opinions on rebranding to Red and was encouraged to do so. In this I think the Club wanting the money badly (and some individuals!) meant that common sense was supressed and the long-term was sacrificed to short-term needs (wants?).

My view is that in terms of honesty and intentions VT has never shied away from saying what he was going to do AND in following up on his promises if he could. People will talk about 'debt-free' promises not fulfilled but I have no idea what is possible to be done within FFP and I'm just grateful to have had an extended period of not worrying about the Club going bust. Anything after that is a bonus and right now I'm in a really good place personally as a supporter. I understand other people's experiences may differ...
    There's some valid points in that post. I fully agree with you that advice and support given to Tan in regards to 'rebranding' were due to a need to be in the Premier League rather than preserving the integrity and identity of the club.

In some respects I don't blame Tan for the rebrand but the 'favoured' fan base who accepted and supported his commercial rebrand should reflect on their compliance with the whole farce. It's the most disappointing aspect to the whole rebrand episode.

I'm not commenting on the debt issues as in reality every club in the country apart from one or two are up to their eyeballs in debt. It's certainly an interesting business model though?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

I think initially it was just a one off roll of the dice for tan putting a small amount of money down for a huge reward if we had beat blackpool. At least he’s stayed around to try and sort his mess out