+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: He played well today....but Zohore caused us to miss out on a hatful...

He played well today....but Zohore caused us to miss out on a hatful...

...I think it was just after Paterson's goal when City broke free again with Zohore coasting free into the Box, looked up, saw someone (Paterson (?) who else), come steamin into space and had the simplest of tasks to slide it square into his path for the fourth. You sensed the floodgates would open when it went in.

But he badly misjudged the pace needed to find his target and a returning defender made an easy interception to turn it behind for a corner.

Re: He played well today....but Zohore caused us to miss out on a hatful...

He scored and assisted and you’re digging him out for a under hit pass?

Behave yourself

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Behave yourself

He's class

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Behave yourself
    Quite. The kick up the arse when we signed Medine and dropped him for the Leeds game has worked wonders. He's been almost unplayable since.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite. The kick up the arse when we signed Medine and dropped him for the Leeds game has worked wonders. He's been almost unplayable since.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...I think it was just after Paterson's goal when City broke free again with Zohore coasting free into the Box, looked up, saw someone (Paterson (?) who else), come steamin into space and had the simplest of tasks to slide it square into his path for the fourth. You sensed the floodgates would open when it went in.

But he badly misjudged the pace needed to find his target and a returning defender made an easy interception to turn it behind for a corner.
    He had time to take it into the penalty area which would have given him more options but he delayed and squared it.

Saying that, he, and the rest of the forwards, are playing with such confidence and a freedom that suggests they aren't that bothered about missing opportunities as others will present themselves.
    It's like they are choosing what type of goal they want to score.

Oh how long we have waited for a City side to play in such a way

Bit harsh mate.

I think Zohore is too unselfish (unusual for a striker), should have gone on and finished it himself.

Apart from that he had a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Think it was Mendez that was the intended recipient, and tbh I think he was on his heels and should of got in front of his man.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    He's class
    100%. Going to be a struggle to keep him even if we go up - might be the best player we’ve had since Whitts at his best

The initial point is correct about that miss though, it was a poor choice by Zohore. It wasn't the only thing he got wrong either, but there was far more about his performance that was right. When you see someone as big and powerful as Zohore is who also has pace and very good ability with the ball at his feet, you have a player who will cause Premier League, never mind Championship, defences problems. In some ways though, the best thing about Zohore yesterday was the header he won to set up Mendez-Laing's goal because it was the sort of target man play that some supporters, rightly in my opinion, accuse him of not producing often enough for someone of his build. I also like the fact that all four of his goals in the past six matches have been typical strikers goals that have come from close in areas - that was the one thing I thought he could be criticised for not doing enough of during his hot spell last season.

Madine was unselfish as well for his 2nd touch, an open goal.