+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded trio of fixtures from hell!

The dreaded trio of fixtures from hell!

Well, the time has finally arrived!

9 days and 3 games that could make or break our season, so let's have some score predictions and number of points gained.

All matches @19.45 live on Sky Sports.

02/04 - Sheffield United v Cardiff City
    06/04 - Cardiff City v Wolves
    10/04 - Aston Villa v Cardiff City

Who's going first?

Re: The dreaded trio of fixtures from hell!

Draw
    Draw
    Loss

International

Draw
    Win
    Win

Season over!!!!!!
    Party time

Win
    Draw
    Draw

Draw 1-1 v Sheffield Utd
    Win 2-1 v Wolves
    Win 1-0 v Villa

7 points!

At the start of the season I predicted 3 losses.

I now think we'll get 1 point but even with that we'll get enough points from the other games.

A deadly trio of fixtures would be playing Cardiff City 3 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well, the time has finally arrived!

9 days and 3 games that could make or break our season, so let's have some score predictions and number of points gained.

All matches @19.45 live on Sky Sports.

02/04 - Sheffield United v Cardiff City
    06/04 - Cardiff City v Wolves
    10/04 - Aston Villa v Cardiff City

Who's going first?
    We've beaten all three this season, they will be more worried

Quote Originally Posted by springer blue View Post
    We've beaten all three this season, they will be more worried

9 points?

A draw a win and a loss,**** knows in what order

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Win
    Draw
    Draw
    This is my prediction too

Sheff United is no tougher than Brentford away. They're in poor form and we should be going there full of confidence and looking to beat them. If we score first the place will get restless. A draw would be ok in a far from easy fixture but we can get 3 points.

Wolves. Cardiff rise to the challenge against big teams and the ccs will be packed, loud and intimidating. Wolves have shown they can sometimes falter in these circumstances (lost at Fulham and villa) but we have already gone toe to toe with them and beat them 2-1.

Villa - A tough game on paper but they could be out of the automatics race by then and feeling the pressure. Either way, they'll need to win.

Nothing to be worried about, if we just play our own game I'd say we'll pick up 5-6 points. Nature of the league that we will drop points along the way but just need to get back to it straight away.

I'm going

Draw
    Win
    Win

At the moment we're full of confidence, we are the form team in the division and even when we don't play so well we have enough quality to grind out results and keep things tight.

I reckon Sheffield Utd, Wolves and Villa are just as worried about playing us, possibly more so. Sheffield Utd and Villa are playing catch up, so are more desperate for a win, which should play into our hands. Wolves will be fearing throwing away the league title, which has been in their hands virtually all season.

No reason why we can't win all three. Unlikely, but I reckon far more likely than losing all three.

**** them all, I’d say they’re more worried then we are

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

No reason why we can't win all three. Unlikely, but I reckon far more likely than losing all three.
    I agree with this though I still struggle to shake off the "waiting for the wheels to fall off"mentality thats ingrained in most city supporters my age.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I agree with this though I still struggle to shake off the "waiting for the wheels to fall off"mentality thats ingrained in most city supporters my age.
    Even in more recent times we've been used to the annual end of season collapse that cost us at least a stab at promotion. I can't see it happening this season, though. We have leaders on the pitch.

At the moment we're full of confidence, we are the form team in the division and even when we don't play so well we have enough quality to grind out results and keep things tight.

I reckon Sheffield Utd, Wolves and Villa are just as worried about playing us, possibly more so. Sheffield Utd and Villa are playing catch up, so are more desperate for a win, which should play into our hands. Wolves will be fearing throwing away the league title, which has been in their hands virtually all season.

I agree with this, however the tricky part of the equation is playing all 3 teams within the space of 9 days.

Everybody still has a lot to play for .. Wolves the title, Villa and us automatic promotion, and Sheffield Utd the play-offs. All of our opponents will be looking for wins, while some draws may suit us more than the opposition.

I agree with this, however the tricky part of the equation is playing all 3 teams within the space of 9 days.

Everybody still has a lot to play for .. Wolves the title, Villa and us automatic promotion, and Sheffield Utd the play-offs. All of our opponents will be looking for wins, while some draws may suit us more than the opposition.
    True. But this adds a bit of pressure for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    True. But this adds a bit of pressure for them too.
    That's why I am predicting 7 points

It's going to be a fantastic 9 days, hopefully one of the best in living memory

I don't see that as being a problem. All teams are playing a similar number of games over a similar timescale. If anything, it'll keep players focused. We saw what happened to Villa after they beat Wolves and some were predicting they were going to win virtually all of their games - they thought they just had to turn up to beat QPR and got stuffed.

I don’t think this team is anywhere near as frail as Dave Jones team in 2008-2011 and I really enjoyed watching that team

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I don’t think this team is anywhere near as frail as Dave Jones team in 2008-2011 and I really enjoyed watching that team
    Yep
    I think on paper Jones’ team looked better individuals but this team is a real team

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    At the start of the season I predicted 3 losses.

I now think we'll get 1 point but even with that we'll get enough points from the other games.
    Hopefully!

Going to be a very tough run in.

It really would be rude for a Cardiff fan to not predict 3 losses in a row now....

However,

Sheff Utd 1-1 D
    Wolves 1-0 W
    Villa 3-1 L

I don't see that as being a problem. All teams are playing a similar number of games over a similar timescale. If anything, it'll keep players focused. We saw what happened to Villa after they beat Wolves and some were predicting they were going to win virtually all of their games - they thought they just had to turn up to beat QPR and got stuffed.
    Not sure if I buy into this view entirely, the way I see it we are playing 3 cup finals in quick succession, against 3 teams who really want to win the cup. One bad result could have catastrophic consequences for all of those involved.