+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ralls

Ralls

Any idea when hes back. We could really do with him for these next 3 fixtures.

Re: Ralls

It sounds as though Ralls in chomping at the bit to return.

Dont think he will get back in straight away. How can you drop Gunnarsson, Grujic or Paterson after yesterday second half.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont think he will get back in straight away. How can you drop Gunnarsson, Grujic or Paterson after yesterday second half.
    Bryson.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Gunner didnt start. So isnt being dropped

I very much doubt hes fit for 90. Plus even if 100% he couldnt cover the ground Ralls does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Bryson.
    Yes but Gunnarsson came on for Bryson, so I was assuming that Gunnar would start next game. Surely Grujic or Paterson cant be left out after yesterday. Ralls on bench for me to start on Friday and see how we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Bryson.
    Bryson was excellent and played most of the game with a yellow card hanging over him

Ready when/if needed apparently. Just don't want to push him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Ready when/if needed apparently. Just don't want to push him too much.
    If thats the case. Ralls replaces Bryson.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bryson was excellent and played most of the game with a yellow card hanging over him
    Bryson
    Was not excellent
    He balls up an open goal
    He missed the chance that Paterson scored from
    And he made some silly passes.
    He worked hard and also made some good passes but “excellent” he wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Bryson
    Was not excellent
    He balls up an open goal
    He missed the chance that Paterson scored from
    And he made some silly passes.
    He worked hard and also made some good passes but “excellent” he wasn’t.
    Agreed, Bryson was our worst player by some distance. Awful touch and well off the pace.

Agree. He is a player's player. He does so much donkey work so other players don't have to.

Go on, make the "yeah donkey is the right word for him" jokes. I'll wait.

Didn't stop some bloke behind me in The family stand scream at him early on whenever he was near the ball. even NML took some stick off him ffs at least he's calmed down on Etheridge I suppose..

I think you're being very generous there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Agreed, Bryson was our worst player by some distance. Awful touch and well off the pace.
    Paterson has an awful touch, and often fluffs his lines, can't get the ball out of his feet when he picks it up in an attacking position. But no one says anything then. He does manage to almost always score though! He's undroppable a the moment.

I thought Bryson played quite well, he's certainly playing better than in his first few games for us. Such an engine on him.

I'd start Gunnar, Grujic and Paterson. Then swap Ralls or Bryson for Gunnar second half. We got some great options off the bench, the most depth we've had for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Paterson has an awful touch, and often fluffs his lines, can't get the ball out of his feet when he picks it up in an attacking position. But no one says anything then. He does manage to almost always score though! He's undroppable a the moment.

I thought Bryson played quite well, he's certainly playing better than in his first few games for us. Such an engine on him.

I'd start Gunnar, Grujic and Paterson. Then swap Ralls or Bryson for Gunnar second half. We got some great options off the bench, the most depth we've had for a long time.
    Totally disagree about Paterson. You make it sound like all he does is score goals. He runs his socks off, is all over the place in attack, midfield and defence, keeps it simple and moving in midfield and his distribution is excellent. He allows Grujic to play in effect. He is indispensable at the moment. That said I agree with the second and third paragraphs - people have been advocating throwing Ralls straight back in, whilst saying Gunnar cant start due to fitness worries. Ralls hasnt played for two months at all, so needs to be got back in slowly. Gunnar has got playing time with Iceland and us so is much further ahead than Ralls.

I particularly liked Brysons acrobatic effort at getting in front of the ball near the centre circle.. stopped the ball going anywhere threatening, I like his effort too.
    I love Patterson, but you are right with what you say, it's just that people love to bash, was Morrison last season.

For the record, I love Paterson. I was only talking about his touch. I felt yesterday he got a bit flustered in possession. But I'm fully aware of the work he does. He wins all our headers cos Ken can't head for shit. And he's a real threat whenever we're attacking.

For the record, I love Paterson. I was only talking about his touch. I felt yesterday he got a bit flustered in possession. But I'm fully aware of the work he does. He wins all our headers cos Ken can't head for shit. And he's a real threat whenever we're attacking.
    Sorry, that is how I read and took your original comment on him.