+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 23.500 tickets sold for Friday against Wolves

Re: 23.500 tickets sold for Friday against Wolves

The expected crowd shows the amount of fans we have "lost" is minimal.

I think we had 26,000 for our big top of the table clash with QPR before the rebrand. We had more ST holders then as well.

Similar scenario - less ST holders and it looks as though the crowd is going to be significantly bigger. Later than that we only managed just over 23000 for a play off semi v West Ham.

It just shows the fickle nature of our fan base. I dont blame anyone for that either. I think theres a sense of something special happening and the fans are now showing up.

Promotion could be a difference of a 15,000 ish average next season or a 30,000 ish one.

The fan base is clearly still there though.

Even if we miss out maybe some do get the bug as Lawnmower says and back us next season wherever we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I think we had 26,000 for our big top of the table clash with QPR before the rebrand. We had more ST holders then as well.

Similar scenario - less ST holders and it looks as though the crowd is going to be significantly bigger. Later than that we only managed just over 23000 for a play off semi v West Ham.

It just shows the fickle nature of our fan base. I dont blame anyone for that either. I think theres a sense of something special happening and the fans are now showing up.

Promotion could be a difference of a 15,000 ish average next season or a 30,000 ish one.

Even if we miss out maybe some do get the bug as Lawnmower says and back us next season wherever we are.
    Excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It's the figure just given at the Supporters club meeting by CCFC club officials.
    Main bowl actually holds less than that .
    Whole stadium including level 4 Grandstand is 28k.

So main bowl is appx 26500, less segregation which will be high for Wolves game. So probably a bit under 25k.

There are still a few hundred tickets left for the main bowl, so add that to top tier Grandstand having a few hundred in and that's around 25k total.

A few hundred sold level 4 Ninian and a few hundred in the level 5 and that's your 26k

Hopefully we can break the 30k mark by Friday.

3 seats left in main bowl less than 500 in red seats level 5

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    3 seats left in main bowl less than 500 in red seats level 5
    Good stuff they should be swept up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Good stuff they should be swept up tomorrow
    3seats in main bowl gone

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    We still have a very shit fan base. Colleagues of mine have been enquiring about season long hospitality if we go up. They are not going on Friday and they have not been all season.

I guess most clubs have fans like these looking at relegated clubs attendances.

Still, hopefully we will top 30,000 for Wolves
    FYP

Judging by the ticketing website, we're on course for a sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It's the figure just given at the Supporters club meeting by CCFC club officials.
    Main bowl actually holds less than that .
    Whole stadium including level 4 Grandstand is 28k.

So main bowl is appx 26500, less segregation which will be high for Wolves game. So probably a bit under 25k.

There are still a few hundred tickets left for the main bowl, so add that to top tier Grandstand having a few hundred in and that's around 25k total.

A few hundred sold level 4 Ninian and a few hundred in the level 5 and that's your 26k

Hopefully we can break the 30k mark by Friday.
    Dont get your capacity or other figures. The 'whole stadium' capacity is 33280 and the original 'main bowl' capacity (including grandstand) is 28500. The 'buffer zone' segregation for the sell out Man City game, where Man City brought over 3500, was half a block each side i.e. about 1000 seats (attendance 32339 - capacity 33280), so why would they have much bigger buffers for this game ?. The lower part of the new stand holds about 1000 and that is sold out as well. We must have sold over 29000 therefore and hopefully over 30000 by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont get your capacity or other figures. The 'whole stadium' capacity is 33280 and the original 'main bowl' capacity (including grandstand) is 28500. The 'buffer zone' segregation for the sell out Man City game, where Man City brought over 3500, was half a block each side i.e. about 1000 seats (attendance 32339 - capacity 33280), so why would they have much bigger buffers for this game ?. The lower part of the new stand holds about 1000 and that is sold out as well. We must have sold over 29000 therefore and hopefully over 30000 by tomorrow.
    The club tweeted half an hour ago that we've sold 27,500 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Plus another impact is that more people who don't go to every game today (like me) are buying season tickets for next year. Even if we don't go up, it's putting money a few extra 1000 people into the coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I was mainly querying his capacity and other figures which didnt seem right. I have now seen the tweet and news release from the club and believe it could have been provided from information from yesterday, as it states that level 4 and 5 of the upper ninian have 'now been released', whereas they were actually released a while ago and are showing good sales with the lower part pretty much sold out (1000+ seats). Still - we shall see tomorrow evening.

Can we have Hey Jude before the game please?

You are wrong.

dml is right.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You are wrong.

dml is right.

Get over it.
    I wasn't really trying to make a point or anything, just provide an update direct from the club given all the speculation.

More the merrier, cmon City!

Badly ironed shit been banned?

DML is always right. He's the new ankles

I wasn't really trying to make a point or anything, just provide an update direct from the club given all the speculation.

Was just a joke mate, I'm same as u not sure what the crowd will be, just glad it's looking like a big one, and the weather is good.
    Just making fun of whatshisname that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Badly ironed shit been banned?
    Ironing shit would be more fun than conversing with that twat.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Ironing shit would be more fun than conversing with that twat.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    We still have a very selective fan base. Colleagues of mine have been enquiring about season long hospitality if we go up. They are not going on Friday and they have not been all season.

I guess most clubs have fans like these looking at relegated clubs attendances.

Still, hopefully we will top 30,000 for Wolves
    And, even if we win tomorrow, quite a few thousand less against Forest - it was ever so at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And, even if we win tomorrow, quite a few thousand less against Forest - it was ever so at Cardiff City.
    Max 21,000 against Forest

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Max 21,000 against Forest
    We had 21,000 v Burton. Forest on a Saturday night, especially if we’ve got results in the previous games could be another big un.

And I wasnt having a go at you either, even though some people would like to make you believe that I was. I was conversing with you, which is a skill sadly lacking in some people on here. What you posted originally was absolutely correct, as is the above.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Main Bowl is 26500 Ish. The full capacity of the old stadium was 28000
    That included level 4 of the grandstand. I've no idea how many tickets are left in there. It won't show on eticketing

Segregation is currently bigger so the club can save money as it costs more to police the seg line if it's smaller.
    I would imagine 107 would go on sale only at the last moment

There's appx 5k in the new stand - around 500 sold out of the 600 in the middle tier as they have held the block near the away fans back.

Good news is the 3rd quarter of the top level is now on sale bar the block nearest the away fans.

Given we'd sold 27500 at lunch time I'd expect we are at 28500 now.

Capacity for the Man City game was just over 32k, probably a little less for this so about 3k+ left.

2k Ish I'm too tier a few hundred in level 4 and a few hundred in 107 when it's opened.

The way it's going we should sell a lot of these spare tomorrow and 30k is more than possible.

Hope this helps explain where my figures ( and the clubs) have come from 👍