+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock liked by neutrals and goodwill for CCFC!!

Warnock liked by neutrals and goodwill for CCFC!!

Where did we go wrong? This is not the City I have always followed. Today's Guardian has an article on Warnock. Not a great deal new in it but I thought I'd look at the hatred in the comments below the article from readers. There was a lot of praise for Warnock and little hatred. Very odd and I don't think it was City fans writing the praise. How many Grauniad readers do we have anyway in the fanbase?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-championship

Re: Warnock liked by neutrals and goodwill for CCFC!!

Quote Originally Posted by HaveringBluebird View Post
    Where did we go wrong? This is not the City I have always followed. Today's Guardian has an article on Warnock. Not a great deal new in it but I thought I'd look at the hatred in the comments below the article from readers. There was a lot of praise for Warnock and little hatred. Very odd and I don't think it was City fans writing the praise. How many Grauniad readers do we have anyway in the fanbase?

No hatred towards Neil, I love his passion, he’s press conferences, he know this division so well, and as always done well, if I was not a Fulham fan, I would want his team to go up, you have to respect him

Thanks for that! I must admit that before he became manager here I had mixed feelings. He has such a Jekyll and Hyde personality. Mr Congeniality when being interviewed and always has something good to say about other clubs and managers. How often do you hear him say?.........."They're my sort of club (insert any club here), my sort of fans as well." On the other hand it seems like every single game finds him raging at the 4th official, eyeballs popping and a look of total anger. I wonder if he's like that in normal life.... supermarket rage, road rage etc

I just had a look and things have changed somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I just had a look and things have changed somewhat
    Just looked again. I reckon the abusive ones are Cardiff fans trying to keep the status quo! We don't want to be popular

Thanks for that! I must admit that before he became manager here I had mixed feelings. He has such a Jekyll and Hyde personality. Mr Congeniality when being interviewed and always has something good to say about other clubs and managers. How often do you hear him say?.........."They're my sort of club (insert any club here), my sort of fans as well." On the other hand it seems like every single game finds him raging at the 4th official, eyeballs popping and a look of total anger. I wonder if he's like that in normal life.... supermarket rage, road rage etc
    He lives by my mate in ogmore by sea and by a strange twist of fate in the same village , Stoke climsland, as my sister

He's quite a flamboyant character and a regular church goer