+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 23.500 tickets sold for Friday against Wolves

Re: 23.500 tickets sold for Friday against Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Took you an hour, to work out how many people in 50 metres. !

Shirley it depends on their shirt size (city fans are XXXL)
    Speak for yourself

In the 60s/70s newsagents around the city would sell match tickets. I bought a few for the big European nights, Real Madrid etc, from a newsagent in Rumney. No pissing about on phones or traipsing down to Ninian Park.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In the 60s/70s newsagents around the city would sell match tickets. I bought a few for the big European nights, Real Madrid etc, from a newsagent in Rumney. No pissing about on phones or traipsing down to Ninian Park.
    Yes but remember that we didn't have computers or the internet then and there was probably only one phone in the ground as well. Its a good idea to sell tickets around the city but the main problem that I forsee is that each outlet would need to be connected into the ticketing system computers and have printing machines as well. Otherwise how would they know which tickets were available to sell. People also like to choose where they sit as well, whereas in the 'old days' they would have to sit where the tickets were printed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This was my point the other week. The club complain about lower attendances yet they really do limit how you can buy them.

For example, the casual fan in Cardiff for the day would have no chance unless they fancy braving the ticket office on a match day.

There are zero ticket outlets in the entire City Centre ffs!!

Put one at Central Station / St David's Hall / Queen Street / Cardiff Bay and this would be sorted.
    Can they not ring the club and buy tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Only about 700 tickets left now according to online ticketing stadium plan.

However back half of Ninian Stand extension not yet available for sale (blocks starting with 5), plus one block of lower level of that area not available , presumably because next to away fans .

Only about 700 tickets left now according to online ticketing stadium plan.

However back half of Ninian Stand extension not yet available for sale (blocks starting with 5), plus one block of lower level of that area not available , presumably because next to away fans .[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed they are only offering every other row in NP extension blocks

Approx 26k sold now, including 3k Wolves fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yes but remember that we didn't have computers or the internet then and there was probably only one phone in the ground as well. Its a good idea to sell tickets around the city but the main problem that I forsee is that each outlet would need to be connected into the ticketing system computers and have printing machines as well. Otherwise how would they know which tickets were available to sell. People also like to choose where they sit as well, whereas in the 'old days' they would have to sit where the tickets were printed for.
    The internet and technology is just AMAZING these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Approx 26k sold now, including 3k Wolves fans.
    The main bowl holds 28500 and is almost sold out (500ish left). Allowing for sales in the upper ninian already and likely buffer zones around Wolves, that should be 27500+ I would think at this stage (incl Wolves 3000).

The main bowl holds 28500 and is almost sold out (500ish left). Allowing for sales in the upper ninian already and likely buffer zones around Wolves, that should be 27500+ I would think at this stage (incl Wolves 3000).
    It's the figure just given at the Supporters club meeting by CCFC club officials.
    Main bowl actually holds less than that .
    Whole stadium including level 4 Grandstand is 28k.

So main bowl is appx 26500, less segregation which will be high for Wolves game. So probably a bit under 25k.

There are still a few hundred tickets left for the main bowl, so add that to top tier Grandstand having a few hundred in and that's around 25k total.

A few hundred sold level 4 Ninian and a few hundred in the level 5 and that's your 26k

Hopefully we can break the 30k mark by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The internet and technology is just AMAZING these days.
    I did think the same thing, they could even have one of those machines that lets you pay by card.

Their phone could also be connected to the switch board so in quieter times they can also take calls.

My idea would be for the club to print off tickets for less popular areas such as Ninian / Canton Corner and Grandstand Ends and these are sent to the outlets on a sale or return basis.

This was what happened when I bought 3 tickets for last year's 'Judgement Day' festival of egg, on a whim, from the Bureau de Change booth at Tesco which was advertising it whilst I picked up holiday Euros!!!

If they can manage it...

Why do you always argue over a couple of thousand? Don't you habe anything to do at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Can they not ring the club and buy tickets?
    For normal games yes. Good luck with an upturn in supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I did think the same thing, they could even have one of those machines that lets you pay by card.

Their phone could also be connected to the switch board so in quieter times they can also take calls.
    It's probably as easy as signing in to the same software the club uses.

Why do you always argue over a couple of thousand? Don't you habe anything to do at home?
    Who's arguing. I am entitled to my opinion, just like you are. Other people are interested, hence the many posts in the thread from other people. If you aren't interested then don't post on the topic. I didn't start the thread either.

Its not just about a different way of buying tickets, its visibility. Currently to get tickets you need to know what you're looking for and go to the website/stadium, not the same as passing a ticket outlet somewhere in the city and buying on impulse

I agree with a lot of the points raised - the inability to phone the ticket office when busy, or having to fork out to pay an 08 number is a real pain for some. I've had to use E ticketing for some cup games and not found it to much of a problem but obviously some do.

Having said all of that, if we do go up I bet the problem of getting bums on seats will disappear.

Under 100 tickets left now in main bowl and only a couple in lower section of new upper stand. Still availability in upper areas but appear to be selling ok. Keep it up everyone !.

Who's arguing. I am entitled to my opinion, just like you are. Other people are interested, hence the many posts in the thread from other people. If you aren't interested then don't post on the topic. I didn't start the thread either.
    I don't know the exact numbers Lawnmower said, but you always seem to need to make out it's more on these threads, eventhough he's listed a source.

4 tickets left in main bowl and I reckon about 1000 or so in the Upper Stand. Probably quite a few still available but not yet shown as on sale

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    4 tickets left in main bowl and I reckon about 1000 or so in the Upper Stand. Probably quite a few still available but not yet shown as on sale
    Another block in the upper Ninian went on sale this afternoon...looks largely sold already. Just the two blocks nearest Wolves fans to go on sale now.

I don't know the exact numbers Lawnmower said, but you always seem to need to make out it's more on these threads, eventhough he's listed a source.
    It's not a problem.
    Sometimes the view on the eticketing site can be misleading.

Just glad we are finally getting the crowds the club deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It's not a problem.
    Sometimes the view on the eticketing site can be misleading.

Just glad we are finally getting the crowds the club deserves
    We still have a very selective fan base. Colleagues of mine have been enquiring about season long hospitality if we go up. They are not going on Friday and they have not been all season.

I guess most clubs have fans like these looking at relegated clubs attendances.

Still, hopefully we will top 30,000 for Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    We still have a very selective fan base. Colleagues of mine have been enquiring about season long hospitality if we go up. They are not going on Friday and they have not been all season.

I guess most clubs have fans like these looking at relegated clubs attendances.

Still, hopefully we will top 30,000 for Wolves
    Yeah , they all do.

Each to their own.
    Hopefully some get the bug and stick with us when the downturn comes