+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There'll be changes for Friday, I reckon

There'll be changes for Friday, I reckon

I reckon Warnock has planned his team line-ups for the next three matches, barring something dreadful or out of this world. 3 games in 8 days is hard graft and I suspect he's worked out some rotation of players so we have fresh players involved against Wolves and rested players against Villa.

I expected Gunnarsson to play, though not last 90 minutes. I doubt he'll start on Friday, then be fresh for Villa Park. I think there'll be another 2-3 changes for the Wolves game to ensure we're ready for Villa.

Re: There'll be changes for Friday, I reckon

Ralls is back isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Ralls is back isn't he?
    Springing by all accounts. I've no idea when it comes to recovery from injuries!

I’d bring in Peltier, Madine and Pilks for Manga,Zohore and Patterson on tonight’s performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I’d bring in Peltier, Madine and Pilks for Manga,Zohore and Patterson on tonight’s performance?
    Good shout these three

If we leave Manga as RB we'll get slaughtered. He just doesn't quite know what to do for the position and even Burton targeted him successfully by isolating him against a quick winger. Not sure how NW will play this one.

I'd be happier with Peltier and Madine on initially and giving Gunnars a rest too. However, I'm not the manager and he may choose to back his players against Wolves'...

Paterson has been fantastic, there is no way NW is dropping him for Friday just because of tonight.

Sheffield made 3 changes and I think it showed.
    I also expect a couple of changes Friday to freshen things up.

In Colin we trust.

I'd definitely start Peltier at full back and was a bit surprised he wasn't playing tonight.

Don't think Pilks will get a start although think he'd be good in that Patterson role too.

Ethridge
    Peltier
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennet
    Ralls
    Bryson
    Hoilett
    Wildchild
    Patterson
    Madine

That's the team I would go with keep zohore for villa

Anyone saying not to start Zohore need their head testing

He's been quality the last couple of months and had one average performance tonight in a game where the conditions were horrible and the midfield played about 3 decent passes all game!

Manga needs protecting, 2 games in a row he's been targeted. With the amount hoillett works back I'd be tempted to start him on the right. Mendez can look as awkward as manga at the back when isolated out wide

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    If we leave Manga as RB we'll get slaughtered. He just doesn't quite know what to do for the position and even Burton targeted him successfully by isolating him against a quick winger. Not sure how NW will play this one.

I'd be happier with Peltier and Madine on initially and giving Gunnars a rest too. However, I'm not the manager and he may choose to back his players against Wolves'...
    I was surprised he played Manga ahead of Peltier tonight tbh and I think this will happen Friday.
    Madine for Ken looks another possible one, though NW might choose Madine for the Villa game.
    Our midfield did look to be overrun tonight and Gunnarsson wasn't alone in having an off night. I did mention resting CP for Friday but Paterson looks like he could and would run through a brick wall for Warnock.
    We have some depth and I'm sure our Neil will use it wisely.

Be interesting to hear the commentary against the mighty wolvesalona on Friday.
    The media were drooling over them up until a few weeks ago, probably up until Villa beat them.

Conversely we haven't seemed to get much credit from the commentary teams this season, Brentford apart, and Don Goodman was down on us again tonight I thought.
    Perhaps they were just 'up' on Sheffield United.

Anyway, I will be at the game so luckily won't have to put up with them, although I shall watch a re-run if we win!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    How on earth can you suggest leaving Paterson out after the season he has had. Possibly Grujic to give him a rest. Wolves fans think they are going to win easily now after our performance tonight but are they in for a shock (again).