+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grujic

Re: Grujic

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe sometimes, but I think that your answer is a little dismissive. Grujic is used to building, have a look at how he receives the ball and looks up, yet time after time his team mates are running away from him. He's not used to that, coming from clubs where team mates make themselves available even in the tightest of situations, such is their ability to play this way. Warnock doesn't want that and Grujic is starting to understand that. He thinks that little bit quicker in my opinion, initially, couldn't understand why nobody wanted to receive the ball to feet and build, and at times he was caught in possession. He's still a bit raw, but his quality is there, lets be honest, from Klopp to Warnock is one hell of a culture shock in footballing terms. He's done well.
    I agree. My answer was short because I was responding to the weird suggestion that every ball he plays is somehow brilliant and it’s the receiving player who’s at fault if he doesn’t get to it.

For clarity, I think Grujic is a real asset to the team. He’s just not quite yet the Messiah, so let’s not put him on a pedestal too soon. He could be though in time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Don't you sometimes think the problem is our players do not anticipate what he's trying to do. Like the speed of decision could be that he's too ahead, and the other player hasn't made the movement they need to, so he has to cancel that and look to do something else. And at times when he does pull the trigger on a pass, the player just isn't always on the same wavelength, so it seems like the accuracy is bad?
    Spot on

Don't you sometimes think the problem is our players do not anticipate what he's trying to do. Like the speed of decision could be that he's too ahead, and the other player hasn't made the movement they need to, so he has to cancel that and look to do something else. And at times when he does pull the trigger on a pass, the player just isn't always on the same wavelength, so it seems like the accuracy is bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    No - they're just crap passes.

Reminds me of Alf Ramsey's description of Martin Peters, Alf said "he was 10 years ahead of his time" and some paper hack replied "So are some of his passes"

Grujic, is getting better each game, great acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The jury is still out for me.

I think he slows our play quite a lot. At times hesitant but as far as loan players go he’s done great. Probably our best loan for a good few years
    He's slow because he's probably protecting the ball, he's used to Liverpool players making quick runs, doesn't always get that here.. He's a step ahead at times, hence looking slow..waiting for our lot to catchup.

This accords with my view too. He could go either way in terms of development longer term. He's got some great attributes but he needs to improve his passing accuracy, speed of decision making and general awareness of where everyone is on the pitch if he hopes to make it into Liverpool's midfield.
    Unbelievable that someone can't see how good he is and thinks like this.

Dumbfounded.

He knew were hoilett was, before hoilett did on Friday, as he pinged a quick free kick across field..for one example.
    If he slows the ball down it's to protect the ball, because our lot haven't made a run...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Unbelievable that someone can't see how good he is and thinks like this.

Dumbfounded.

He knew were hoilett was, before hoilett did on Friday, as he pinged a quick free kick across field..for one example.
    If he slows the ball down it's to protect the ball, because our lot haven't made a run...
    Read my posts again. It isn’t a good pass if the intended recipient can’t reach it. Perhaps he needs glasses if he thinks he’s playing with Barcelona? It’s also pretty clear to everyone that we don’t play like Liverpool so he should adapt to how we play.

He’s a good player without doubt but in terms of excuses for poorly executed passes this thread is up with the best I’ve ever seen on here

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Class act

He’s given our front runners the service they weren’t getting previously

Loose passes or not we’re a much better team with him in it innit 👍

Read my posts again. It isn’t a good pass if the intended recipient can’t reach it. Perhaps he needs glasses if he thinks he’s playing with Barcelona? It’s also pretty clear to everyone that we don’t play like Liverpool so he should adapt to how we play.

He’s a good player without doubt but in terms of excuses for poorly executed passes this thread is up with the best I’ve ever seen on here
    If Hoilett was on the ball he keeps it in.

You say he's slow giving the ball out..read my post..it's because he's steps ahead, so rather than lose the ball when he realises he can't make the pass he had in mind (no runners) he keeps it and recycles it.

Not gonna respond to your childish glasses/barcelona crap. And, why can't hoilett and the rest adapt to his quicker passing? They train together? They are all ready when Bamba or Manga lump a ball into the channels, why can't they be for a decent pass off Grujic?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If Hoilett was on the ball he keeps it in.

You say he's slow giving the ball out..read my post..it's because he's steps ahead, so rather than lose the ball when he realises he can't make the pass he had in mind (no runners) he keeps it and recycles it.

Not gonna respond to your childish glasses/barcelona crap. And, why can't hoilett and the rest adapt to his quicker passing? They train together? They are all ready when Bamba or Manga lump a ball into the channels, why can't they be for a decent pass off Grujic?
    Look, it's a difference of opinion and I don't want to argue with you or even change your mind. These are just my views. Oh and Hoilett was right on the ball, he just tried to cushion the superb pass from Grujic and it slipped between his legs for one of his few mistakes of the game.

We're clearly looking for different things - you think he's faultless and look for things to support that. I'm more concerned that he gets caught in possession to easily and that his passing is erratic so I notice those things. He pinged one ball down the field for NML who was already on his bike but could get nowhere near it. I applaud the thought and vision for that one but not the execution.

Not going to argue this anymore as I think he's a good player - just think he's got a lot still to learn.

We've improved considerably with him in the side, he came in after that horrendous run where we hadn't really played well for about a month and were just smashing it long whenever we got the ball, since then we've looked more like we did earlier this season and he's played a big part in that

Not one for player bashing but tonight - Couple of misplaced passes and a few hesitant decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not one for player bashing but tonight - Couple of misplaced passes and a few hesitant decisions.
    Gunnar alongside him is a mile off the pace

Needs to up his game second half.

As they all do.

Warnock bollocking incoming.

Gunnar really needs to improve sharpish or he needs to be replaced.

I agree. My answer was short because I was responding to the weird suggestion that every ball he plays is somehow brilliant and it’s the receiving player who’s at fault if he doesn’t get to it.

For clarity, I think Grujic is a real asset to the team. He’s just not quite yet the Messiah, so let’s not put him on a pedestal too soon. He could be though in time.
    Weird suggestion? Every ball? I've seen you tell someone to read your post again, why don't you tead my post again. I said SOMETIMES and AT TIMES. But you be short and dismissive

Weird suggestion? Every ball? I've seen you tell someone to read your post again, why don't you tead my post again. I said SOMETIMES and AT TIMES. But you be short and dismissive
    Fair enough

Fair enough
    fair play

Not one of his better games tonight it has to be said. One or two nice touches but back to holding the ball too long, or misplacing passes when he had it

Game seemed to just pass him by, I’m not sure where he was being asked to play tonight, especially when we went 2 up top but he wasn’t screening the back 4. I don’t know if it was the system but our 3 midfielders were chasing shadows for most of the night.

Had a poor game but won the 1st header for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not one of his better games tonight it has to be said. One or two nice touches but back to holding the ball too long, or misplacing passes when he had it

Game seemed to just pass him by, I’m not sure where he was being asked to play tonight, especially when we went 2 up top but he wasn’t screening the back 4. I don’t know if it was the system but our 3 midfielders were chasing shadows for most of the night.
    Gunnar and Grujic on the same pitch upset our midfield IMO.
    Agree Grujic wasn't as they on the ball and played some dodgy passes tonight.

Thought Morrison tripping over the ball let them in for the goal though, and they are the things that affect the results.

Totally agree, if we had loaned him from Stoke or West Brom I don't think people would be creaming themselves over his performances so far. If he ever becomes a regular for Liverpool I'd be amazed.