Thread: Grujic

Grujic

📊 Marko Grujic for Cardiff 📊

🔵 Games: 10
    ✅ Wins: 9
    😔 Losses: 0
    📊 WhoScored Rating: 7.40

http://www.givemesport.com/1285427-w...ell-at-cardiff

He's adapted to the league very well and the bloody right time for us! One of the better loan signings we've made.

Re: Grujic

Glad he’s getting the plaudits he deserves now after being hung drawn and quartered after the Sheff W game, his first at this level, which no doubt the pace come as a surprise to him

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Glad he’s getting the plaudits he deserves now after being hung drawn and quartered after the Sheff W game, his first at this level, which no doubt the pace come as a surprise to him
    Add to the fact he's come in to the opposite set up he had at Liverpool as well. I'm a fan and hope we get him on loan next season

He's a top top player who is only going to get better the more he settles in.

Agree, he's been improving by the game and looks really good in our midfield. I think he's been key in our good run, especially without Ralls and Gunnarson.

Would be very happy to keep him for next season.

He has such quick feet for such a lanky lad. I love the way he receives the ball, turns and passes it on in the blink of an eye. In all my years watching City I’ve never seen anyone as accomplished at this skill as is Grujic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He's silky
    And he adds some height to our midfield, wins a lot of headers.

Brilliant player

The jury is still out for me.

I think he slows our play quite a lot. At times hesitant but as far as loan players go he’s done great. Probably our best loan for a good few years

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The jury is still out for me.

I think he slows our play quite a lot. At times hesitant but as far as loan players go he’s done great. Probably our best loan for a good few years
    This accords with my view too. He could go either way in terms of development longer term. He's got some great attributes but he needs to improve his passing accuracy, speed of decision making and general awareness of where everyone is on the pitch if he hopes to make it into Liverpool's midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    This accords with my view too. He could go either way in terms of development longer term. He's got some great attributes but he needs to improve his passing accuracy, speed of decision making and general awareness of where everyone is on the pitch if he hopes to make it into Liverpool's midfield.
    Don't you sometimes think the problem is our players do not anticipate what he's trying to do. Like the speed of decision could be that he's too ahead, and the other player hasn't made the movement they need to, so he has to cancel that and look to do something else. And at times when he does pull the trigger on a pass, the player just isn't always on the same wavelength, so it seems like the accuracy is bad?

Don't you sometimes think the problem is our players do not anticipate what he's trying to do. Like the speed of decision could be that he's too ahead, and the other player hasn't made the movement they need to, so he has to cancel that and look to do something else. And at times when he does pull the trigger on a pass, the player just isn't always on the same wavelength, so it seems like the accuracy is bad?
    No - they're just crap passes.

Plays with his head up , sign of a good player, he can only improve , canny loan deal by the club .

He thinks a few seconds ahead of the rest of our players

Great example on Friday was a quick free kick he took just inside our half, pinpoint pass out wide to Hoilett who wasn't anticipating it, bounced off him and out

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He thinks a few seconds ahead of the rest of our players

Great example on Friday was a quick free kick he took just inside our half, pinpoint pass out wide to Hoilett who wasn't anticipating it, bounced off him and out
    No no no

Apparently they're just crap passes

📊 Marko Grujic for Cardiff 📊

🔵 Games: 10
    ✅ Wins: 9
    😔 Losses: 0
    📊 WhoScored Rating: 7.40

http://www.givemesport.com/1285427-w...ell-at-cardiff

He's adapted to the league very well and the bloody right time for us! One of the better loan signings we've made.
    Were not counting the Man City game then!
    I'll be honest and wasnt impressed first few games. It wasn't the rustiness, but I thought his passing was awful in those first few games. I was completely wrong.

With gunnarsson back as well, we may even see him a bit further forward which I think will suit his game even more.

No no no

Apparently they're just crap passes

Perhaps some have been crap and others have been good. To believe that those he booted straight out into touch a couple of times were the work of a faster footballing brain working with inferior players is getting a bit carried away.

I think he's just settled in properly now and is playing far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Perhaps some have been crap and others have been good. To believe that some of those he booted straight out in touch a couple of times were the work of a faster footballing brain working with inferior players is getting a bit carried away.

I think he's just settled in properly now and is playing far better.
    Was that the one time vs Brentford?

There's been times where his pass had rolled into touch cos the recipient wasn't on the same page.

Was that the one time vs Brentford?

There's been times where his pass had rolled into touch cos the recipient wasn't on the same page.
    He did it a couple of times. They were just misplaced passes not the unappreciated work of a one step ahead genius imo.

I'm not arguing at all against your general point that he has been a good loan signing.

He's our new Eddie Newton.

He'll never be Eddie. Unfortunate analogy as we just missed out with Eddie in the team.

No - they're just crap passes.
    Maybe sometimes, but I think that your answer is a little dismissive. Grujic is used to building, have a look at how he receives the ball and looks up, yet time after time his team mates are running away from him. He's not used to that, coming from clubs where team mates make themselves available even in the tightest of situations, such is their ability to play this way. Warnock doesn't want that and Grujic is starting to understand that. He thinks that little bit quicker in my opinion, initially, couldn't understand why nobody wanted to receive the ball to feet and build, and at times he was caught in possession. He's still a bit raw, but his quality is there, lets be honest, from Klopp to Warnock is one hell of a culture shock in footballing terms. He's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    He did it a couple of times. They were just misplaced passes not the unappreciated work of a one step ahead genius imo.

I'm not arguing at all against your general point that he has been a good loan signing.
    Yeah there are probably more than the one at Brentford, but i do think it's a case of the point Tuerto makes. He's simplified his game and it's much more effective.

I thought he was head and shoulders the classiest player on the pitch Friday,he looked to move the ball quickly and if it wasn’t on he kept possession.When he first came,his intent was good, but his execution wasn’t,but that isn’t the case now.A great player.