+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Views from The Blades

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Views from The Blades

One of their posters has been on here copying comments about tomorrows match
    Some replies
    ‘Pleasant lack of petty arrogance amongst that lot. :)
    Probably as a consequence of justified confidence and optimism. :(‘

‘we’re the best team in the league at winning when we’re not supposed to!’

‘Did anybody else read the comments in a Welsh accent?’

Makes a pleasant change from some of the other cr*p you see on certain other boards

Re: Views from The Blades

I liked them as a club when they visited down here earlier this season. After the game I went on their forum and they were very complimentary about our football, but I couldn't believe how they thought their own club was gonna be in a relegation dog fight.
    They were very good in Cardiff and I knew they'd be pushing the play offs back then.

Good bunch.

Did any of them say "they haven`t won out yet"

I liked this comment

“It's great when he's your manager but a pain in the f*cking arse when he's not”.

There`s an omen in this advert

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    There`s an omen in this advert
    Not just the Bluebird lunchbox. Apparently it was filmed in Pentyrch.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Not just the Bluebird lunchbox. Apparently it was filmed in Pentyrch.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I liked this comment

“It's great when he's your manager but a pain in the f*cking arse when he's not”.

👍

Sheffield United are a fantastic team with brilliant fans. I hope they make the play-offs

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Sheffield United are a fantastic team with brilliant fans. I hope they make the play-offs
    After we beat them! Good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree with you but that isn't (or wasn't) the majority view a while back on here and other forums. The Blades were the 'bad' club from Sheffield and the Owls were talked up as the 'good' club in behaviour and attendances.

There are two people who were the lightning rods for Cardiff dislike of Sheffield United - Stephen Quinn, and Neil Warnock! But times have changed....

I know a lot of fans from both clubs and have good mates following both. For what it's worth United are often seen as more of the authentic working class club, and Wednesday as the Fancy Dans. Neither picture is really true - or at least not any more.

I will be in the Beer Engine from 6.00 tomorrow with a group of Blades fans (all mates) and testing out how far the Sheffield United - Cardiff love-in has gone. I do know all of them still love Warnock and they also seem to have a lot of respect (now) for Cardiff.

We should all have them as our second club out of respect for our Neil..

I like Sheffield United, they were the only club early in the season who showed us respect and didn't have a meltdown after the game, they played good football down here as well, one of the best teams I've seen in the Championship this season

Also like the city itself, hope they reach the playoffs

I don't give a **** about Sheffield Utd or their fans or their playoff aspirations. I want 3 points tomorrow. If it ends their season, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree with you but that isn't (or wasn't) the majority view a while back on here and other forums. The Blades were the 'bad' club from Sheffield and the Owls were talked up as the 'good' club in behaviour and attendances.

There are two people who were the lightning rods for Cardiff dislike of Sheffield United - Stephen Quinn, and Neil Warnock! But times have changed....

I know a lot of fans from both clubs and have good mates following both. For what it's worth United are often seen as more of the authentic working class club, and Wednesday as the Fancy Dans. Neither picture is really true - or at least not any more.

I will be in the Beer Engine from 6.00 tomorrow with a group of Blades fans (all mates) and testing out how far the Sheffield United - Cardiff love-in has gone. I do know all of them still love Warnock and they also seem to have a lot of respect (now) for Cardiff.
    I’m sure I’m supposed to hate Sheffield United but can’t really remember why now. Think it was Quinn and Morgan taking the piss out of the fans at a game at NP in 2009. Can’t recall the details though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I’m sure I’m supposed to hate Sheffield United but can’t really remember why now. Think it was Quinn and Morgan taking the piss out of the fans at a game at NP in 2009. Can’t recall the details though.
    Maybe it's the Ninian game, where we had two sent off, after their players went down clutching their faces. F ucking play actors

Think one was the cheating ugly fullback who plays for Man Citah now, Kyle Walker is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Maybe it's the Ninian game, where we had two sent off, after their players went down clutching their faces. F ucking play actors

Think one was the cheating ugly fullback who plays for Man Citah now, Kyle Walker is it ?
    That’s the game. I seem to remember the aforementioned players taking great delight in winding-up our fans that day, like we were rivals or summut.

Always thought Sheffield fans are better than Leeds mind.

47 years ago this month sheff utd hammered us 5-1 to end our promotion hopes, still hate them for that . There's a group of sheff wed fans who come to canton for a drink in the night when we play them down here and they are a great bunch of lads.