+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UNITED 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UNITED 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

Worst case tomorrow, we are 5 points clear of Fulham with a game in hand. Not bad.

Get the fack in eh! Worst we’ve played in months, against a good team, could easily have been 3-0 yet we come away with a point. Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Wow. The negativity on here is amazing. We are 1-0 down to a deflected goal.

Yes we have not played fantastic , but we have been poor in other games and got points.

Cmon City.
    Are we not allowed to say if we're playing shit then?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Fk me I can’t stand this the tension is killing me

Can we please wipe the floor with Wolves so I can breath properly again

Villa can fk emselves if we get 3 points on Friday and or Fulham don’t beat Leeds tomorrow

You get the feeling don’t you? Going👆

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Fk me I can’t stand this the tension is killing me

Can we please wipe the floor with Wolves so I can breath properly again

Villa can fk emselves if we get 3 points on Friday and or Fulham don’t beat Leeds tomorrow
    I thought you was going to bed

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Didn’t adapt the their wing back system at all mate
    I agree. They are one of the best sides we have played in my opinion. Coleman's biggest mistake as Wales manager was not bringing on Brooks instead of "joniesta" against Ireland.

Re: SHEFFIELD UNITED v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We look disinterested, which is really weird...
    I don’t buy this at all. Yes we didn’t play well but there was no lack of effort from our lot. Even the best teams have off days don’t they.

Re: SHEFFIELD UNITED v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I don’t buy this at all. Yes we didn’t play well but there was no lack of effort from our lot. Even the best teams have off days don’t they.
    I agree that we put effort in but we didn't seem to want to compete for the 50:50's as we normally do. As I said, it seemed 'weird'. Maybe it's a bit of tiredness coming off a long trip and a heavy pitch. We've been so good all season at competing it just seemed odd to be outfought.

Sheff Utd are a good side though and getting 4 points off them this season is a great result

Nearly knocked myself out myself off ceiling when we scored, we didn't deserve that but we'll take it

Credit Sheffield but we never seemed able to cope with their pace like we did at Brentford. We lost so many 50/50s. I think the heavy pitch may have had something to do with it.

Maybe 1 of the 2 extra points we should have had at Millwall !

After playing on that heavy pitch , glad we get an extra day rest over Wolves!

Thank you Pilks , beautiful finish!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Credit Sheffield but we never seemed able to cope with their pace like we did at Brentford. We lost so many 50/50s. I think the heavy pitch may have had something to do with it.
    The pitch didn’t help but I think it was more a case of simply not being at all at our best, against a very good team. I reckon Friday will be a totally different kind of game.

[QUOTE=billy.ronson;4860901]Maybe 1 of the 2 extra points we should have had at Millwall !

I agree with this point Billy - we were robbed of 2 points illegally at Millwall

The pitch didn’t help but I think it was more a case of simply not being at all at our best, against a very good team. I reckon Friday will be a totally different kind of game.[/QUOTE]

Pitch the same for both sides BS - they were more nimble than us - possibly we are not used to heavy pitches - maybe it showed with Junior, NML and KZ not coping

Dreadful performance tonight. I actually felt sorry for Sheffield. If we repeat that performance on Friday Wolves will massacre us - can't see them missing all those chances SU had! Hopefully home advantage plus a massive crowd will provide the necessary lift for City!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Dreadful performance tonight. I actually felt sorry for Sheffield. If we repeat that performance on Friday Wolves will massacre us - can't see them missing all those chances SU had! Hopefully home advantage plus a massive crowd will provide the necessary lift for City!
    I don't think we'll play that badly on Friday

I'm trying to give up smoking, I've had 5 watching them tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    How can you say dreadful ?. Totally over the top. We got a point away against a strong side in awful conditions and the point is a vital one in our quest for promotion. How many times in the past have we battered teams at home and not won - do you think the opposition fans felt sorry for us then ? - no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thought you was going to bed
    The BaRia Vung Tao casuals (all 3 of us including my wife) have pledged no rest until we are promoted

🇻🇳👍

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    The BaRia Vung Tao casuals (all 3 of us including my wife) have pledged no rest until we are promoted

🇻🇳👍
    Vietnam must be bouncing today!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How can you say dreadful ?. Totally over the top. We got a point away against a strong side in awful conditions and the point is a vital one in our quest for promotion. How many times in the past have we battered teams at home and not won - do you think the opposition fans felt sorry for us then ? - no chance.
    The result was good.

The performace was bad.

This from the Fulham messageboard is spot on:
    "Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but if it has I've missed it. IMO Cardiff gained a huge psychological boost last night with that late equaliser. If they'd scored first and Sheff U had equalised late, they could have been a bit deflated, 2 points dropped etc. But to come back so late, reinforcing the 'we never give up and are never beaten' feeling will have been a real tonic for them. I hate to say it but I think they'll be pumped up after that."

The late goal will be a huge boost for the players, you saw what it meant to them with the celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This from the Fulham messageboard is spot on:
    "Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but if it has I've missed it. IMO Cardiff gained a huge psychological boost last night with that late equaliser. If they'd scored first and Sheff U had equalised late, they could have been a bit deflated, 2 points dropped etc. But to come back so late, reinforcing the 'we never give up and are never beaten' feeling will have been a real tonic for them. I hate to say it but I think they'll be pumped up after that."

The late goal will be a huge boost for the players, you saw what it meant to them with the celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Vietnam must be bouncing today!
    Local citizens just think we’re crazy like all foreigners