+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Children in the UK are malnourished

Children in the UK are malnourished

This is absolutely shocking but all the BBC and the right wing facist media are concerned about is Australian ball tampering, some random Russian JC the Antichrist . Wake up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...-a8283956.html

Re: Children in the UK are malnourished

The teacher quoted in that article, Jane Jenkins, is headteacher at Moorlands in Splott. I know the school as my grandchildren currently attend. It has a very poor catchment area but is not representative of schools in Wales. I’m an ex primary school teacher and the problems of poverty and abuse were much worse in the 1980s and 1990s. One of the first schools I taught in had a number of children suffering from syphilis.

Yes it is a scandal but it is one that has been ongoing for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    The teacher quoted in that article, Jane Jenkins, is headteacher at Moorlands in Splott. I know the school as my grandchildren currently attend. It has a very poor catchment area but is not representative of schools in Wales. I’m an ex primary school teacher and the problems of poverty and abuse were much worse in the 1980s and 1990s. One of the first schools I taught in had a number of children suffering from syphilis.

Yes it is a scandal but it is one that has been ongoing for centuries.
    All the more reason to sort it out right now! How could the teachers have ignored it for so long in the past without taking any action?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All the more reason to sort it out right now! How could the teachers have ignored it for so long in the past without taking any action?
    Yes you would think that the Indy was trying to make political capital out of an issue that really has no ultimate solution - child neglect. There will always be neglected children but calls for the state to intervene to a greater extent in those children’s lives, either through schools or social services, should be tempered by the reality that most children who end up in the care system are likely to suffer far worse neglect and abuse at the hands of the state than they did from their parents.

I'm guessing there are reporting sytems in place teacher > headmaster > local authority? What happen if a teacher speaks out directly, do their careers go down the pan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm guessing there are reporting sytems in place teacher > headmaster > local authority? What happen if a teacher speaks out directly, do their careers go down the pan?
    I no longer teach but two of my siblings do and the buzzword is “safeguarding” aka snitching on the parents, other kids, other teachers etc etc ad nauseam https://www.safeguardinginschools.co.uk

Confidentiality must be respected in the public sphere but teachers are human; they gossip amongst themselves about the children. Many teachers are SJWs who will leap on thought crime at the slightest opportunity.

Yes you would think that the Indy was trying to make political capital out of an issue that really has no ultimate solution - child neglect. There will always be neglected children but calls for the state to intervene to a greater extent in those children’s lives, either through schools or social services, should be tempered by the reality that most children who end up in the care system are likely to suffer far worse neglect and abuse at the hands of the state than they did from their parents.
    Indy who the feck is Indy?

It’s a political forum isn’t It. And of course none of the right wing fascists on here make political capital out of an issue do they?

This Tory government is responsible for the rise in poverty, responsible for the constant attack on the sick and the disabled and the growing gap between the rich and the poor. They are responsible for the dismantling of the NHS, the attack on our public services, I could go on.

Wages are shite and people are struggling to feed their children and pay their bills, wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Indy who the feck is Indy?

It’s a political forum isn’t It. And of course none of the right wing fascists on here make political capital out of an issue do they?

This Tory government is responsible for the rise in poverty, responsible for the constant attack on the sick and the disabled and the growing gap between the rich and the poor. They are responsible for the dismantling of the NHS, the attack on our public services, I could go on.

Wages are shite and people are struggling to feed their children and pay their bills, wake up.
    The Indy is the Independent. I’d argue that both Labour and the Conservatives are to blame for poverty in the UK as they are the ones who have been in power for the past 100 years. I don’t need to wake up as I taught for over 20 years and my grandchildren are at the school in question which I visit at least once a week to pick them up.

The Indy is the Independent. I’d argue that both Labour and the Conservatives are to blame for poverty in the UK as they are the ones who have been in power for the past 100 years. I don’t need to wake up as I taught for over 20 years and my grandchildren are at the school in question which I visit at least once a week to pick them up.
    I thought you’d misspelt my name as Indy and insinuated I was making a politcial point I apologise.

I work very closely with charity groups. I have seen first hand how the cuts by the Tories have affected decent working people. Something needs to change. I don’t have the answers but this government will go down in history as one of the worst ever

I thought you’d misspelt my name as Indy and insinuated I was making a politcial point I apologise.

I work very closely with charity groups. I have seen first hand how the cuts by the Tories have affected decent working people. Something needs to change. I don’t have the answers but this government will go down in history as one of the worst ever
    Yes they are a bunch of cold hearted rich people. If Corbyn gets in I’d imagine that benefits will rise, poverty will decrease but GDP growth will be stunted. My grandchildren have been made homeless and have been in emergency accommodation for the last two months and I myself rely on benefits and handouts to survive.

But I’m happy being poor as I’ve never been materialistic and there are plenty worse off than me. Thank god for getting in early on bitcoin and the fact that season tickets are so cheap - just about my only discretionary spending apart from twice monthly pub visits. I haven’t bought any new clothes since 2016 and my car, which I need for health reasons, is 10 years old - I bought it new when I had a payoff from my last full time job. I think some of the poverty of kids is down to neglect by the parents who have their own vices or fetishes to satisfy and the children’s well-being is relegated to a minor concern. Clearly austerity has had an effect but there are a lot selfish parents out there - more so than in the past in my opinion.

Sorry to hear you and your family have fallen on hard times, I wish you all the best for the future.

Unfortunately there has always been poor parenting but it’s not the children’s fault. That’s why making sure they at least have one hot meal a day is so important.

Sorry to hear you and your family have fallen on hard times, I wish you all the best for the future.

Unfortunately there has always been poor parenting but it’s not the children’s fault. That’s why making sure they at least have one hot meal a day is so important.
    Thanks and yes the poorest children are suffering worse than they did pre-austerity.

Agreed. History will not be kind on this disgusting Tory Govt. You can see the right wing rags trying to build up May again. Meanwhile the MSM chose to ignore Lansley’s comments about Tory cuts in the NHS causing damage even though he was the Health Minister under Cameron. It should be a major story but the BBC are desperately and slavishly following the rags in attempting to bring down Corbyn.
    Islamaphobia within the Tory party? Surely not.