+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Wolves be up for it Friday?

Will Wolves be up for it Friday?

Hopefully we will make it physical. An extra days rest over Wolves.

Re: Will Wolves be up for it Friday?

They will be looking to get our guys sent off.

I think we should rest our decent players for the other games. We don't want to lose players to their cloggers.

Most Red cards, most fouls resulting in yellow cards, they're a dirty bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think we should rest our decent players for the other games. We don't want to lose players to their cloggers. Most Red cards, most fouls resulting in yellow cards, their a dirty bunch!
    I know it's tongue in cheek (slightly) but I think we're going to need to win all our home games so would prefer we had a good go at them on Friday without putting the last 10% of effort in. The danger of course is to avoid running on empty for the Villa game which is more important IMO. I think Villa are suffering as a result of the effort they expended in beating Wolves and we don't want to find ourselves in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think Villa are suffering as a result of the effort they expended in beating Wolves and we don't want to find ourselves in the same situation.
    I think it's more that after they beat Wolves and were on such a great run, they thought they were invincible and just needed to turn up to beat QPR.

Rest our best players? What sort of statement is that?

Totally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

Totally ridiculous.
    That;s just nonsense,Totally different game on Friday.Wolves will play it at a much slower pace then UTD -I think that will suit us.

I know it's tongue in cheek (slightly) but I think we're going to need to win all our home games so would prefer we had a good go at them on Friday without putting the last 10% of effort in. The danger of course is to avoid running on empty for the Villa game which is more important IMO. I think Villa are suffering as a result of the effort they expended in beating Wolves and we don't want to find ourselves in the same situation.
    If we beat Wolves then even if we lose to Villa we will still be in a strong position. I hope you dont mean the bit which says only play at 90% to save ourselves for the Villa game - if you do then it is a ludicrous thing to say at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

Totally ridiculous.
    Whoosh ... taken from the Wolves forum, just returned to them

It’s okay - I got it

I think Warnock set up not to lose tonight, hence hoofing the ball every time we had it.

We got away with it because Pilkington popped up. I think we should have played like we have the last few games and kept the momentum going for Friday.

Maybe it will be a boost to the players not to have lost, so we may still get that momentum, hope we take it to wolves.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/202016/

I'd be very tempted to play a weakened team against Cardiff, as I think there's a real danger of serious injury to the likes of Neves and Jota. Despite his warm words of support, Colin will be ruthless if he needs to get points off us to the extent of telling his players 'not to hold back' (nudge nudge wink wink), i.e. give them licence to deliberately go out to injure. If that happens, it could impact our vital last few games, and make the necessary wins much more difficult. It's a sad day when football has descended to the level where you even have to suggest this, but I think it may be the right thing to do if we have been winning up to the Cardiff game. We might just have to deliberately risk a defeat to secure promotion.

Teams have seen how to strangle our attack tonight e.g. Block Hoilett and Ken
    Let's hope we have a different plan for Friday.
    On the plus side conditions should be better with the pitch in a better state than tonight.

I'd be very tempted to play a weakened team against Cardiff, as I think there's a real danger of serious injury to the likes of Neves and Jota. Despite his warm words of support, Colin will be ruthless if he needs to get points off us to the extent of telling his players 'not to hold back' (nudge nudge wink wink), i.e. give them licence to deliberately go out to injure. If that happens, it could impact our vital last few games, and make the necessary wins much more difficult. It's a sad day when football has descended to the level where you even have to suggest this, but I think it may be the right thing to do if we have been winning up to the Cardiff game. We might just have to deliberately risk a defeat to secure promotion.
    Remember it posted a few weeks ago, made me laugh tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If we beat Wolves then even if we lose to Villa we will still be in a strong position. I hope you dont mean the bit which says only play at 90% to save ourselves for the Villa game - if you do then it is a ludicrous thing to say at this stage of the season.
    I meant what I posted. I want us to have a real go but don't put everything into this one game as we don't want to lose important players for far more winnable matches. This could take the form of playing Madine, Bryson, Peltier and other players who've not had a great deal of minutes recently from the off and asking them to put everything in.

Wolves play with really advanced quick wing backs so we need to reduce their space and keep up with them for pace. It'll be interesting to see how NW sets us up for this match...

Will Wolves be up for it on Friday? Nah, they'll just roll over and gift us 3 points.

I assume he wrote that nonsense before they had 2 men sent off at Middlesborough and seriously lost their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I assume he wrote that nonsense before they had 2 men sent off at Middlesborough and seriously lost their heads!
    I doubt it would make any difference. They are a tunnel visioned delusional lot taken in by the anti-Cardiff propaganda.

I meant what I posted. I want us to have a real go but don't put everything into this one game as we don't want to lose important players for far more winnable matches. This could take the form of playing Madine, Bryson, Peltier and other players who've not had a great deal of minutes recently from the off and asking them to put everything in.

Wolves play with really advanced quick wing backs so we need to reduce their space and keep up with them for pace. It'll be interesting to see how NW sets us up for this match...
    But we want/need to win the Wolves game and playing at 90% will guarantee we lose, so whats the point of that ?. We are more likely to lose at Villa if we lose on Friday. We need to get promoted at the earliest opportunity and not give Fulham any hope..

Make your post clearer. It'll save me replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Read Molyneuxmix tonight. They are back to their delusional best and have written us off again. We are now wasting our time getting promoted as we will come straight back down, whilst they will be pushing for European qualification. They appear incapable of grasping that we are where we are on merit or that we actually beat them earlier in the season.

Read Molyneuxmix tonight. They are back to their delusional best and have written us off again. We are now wasting our time getting promoted as we will come straight back down, whilst they will be pushing for European qualification. They appear incapable of grasping that we are where we are on merit or that we actually beat them earlier in the season.
    They're a bit worried we're going to kick them off the park again ffs

They have also picked up on our thread from a few days ago stating that 23500 tickets have been sold for Friday. A number have said how poor that is, totally forgetting that there was a week to go before the game and also assuming that the 23500 included their allocation and that obviously it us to do with NW's over physical approach, hoofball and lack of belief by the fans. They are going to have a big shock when they roll up to a full stadium Friday and hear the noise.

They have also picked up on our thread from a few days ago stating that 23500 tickets have been sold for Friday. A number have said how poor that is, totally forgetting that there was a week to go before the game and also assuming that the 23500 included their allocation and that obviously it us to do with NW's over physical approach, hoofball and lack of belief by the fans. They are going to have a big shock when they roll up to a full stadium Friday and hear the noise.
    This X 10

But we want/need to win the Wolves game and playing at 90% will guarantee we lose, so whats the point of that ?. We are more likely to lose at Villa if we lose on Friday. We need to get promoted at the earliest opportunity and not give Fulham any hope..
    There are no guarantees in anything.

Thought you were the positive one around here..