+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fulham are NOT

Fulham are NOT

Manchester City ffs

Whilst I admire the way the play, they have been a cracking to watch this last 18 months or so, people are talking like they’ve only got to turn up to take maximum points for rest of season.

They got the go to Sheff Wed, Millwall and Birmingham (big improvement under Monk) and also entertain Brentford at home. Ok on paper Leeds, Reading and Sunderland at home look gimmes but this is the championship anything can happen.

I will be shocked if they take 21 points at this stage of the season.

The crowd were partly to blame for a couple of seasons where we blew it under DJ and if people are not careful the same will happen this season.

We’ve still got a healthy gap I hope a few dropped points don’t send the nerves from the stands onto our own players and then under pressure from within.

Re: Fulham are NOT

Dembe likes this

We just need to keep our cool and just focus on 1 game at a time!! We don’t need to win all our remaining 7 games but Villa and Fulham probably do !!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Manchester City ffs

Whilst I admire the way the play, they have been a cracking to watch this last 18 months or so, people are talking like they’ve only got to turn up to take maximum points for rest of season.

They got the go to Sheff Wed, Millwall and Birmingham (big improvement under Monk) and also entertain Brentford at home. Ok on paper Leeds, Reading and Sunderland at home look gimmes but this is the championship anything can happen.

The crowd were partly to blame for a couple of seasons where we blew it under DJ and if people are not careful the same will happen this season.

We’ve still got a healthy gap I hope a few dropped points don’t send the nerves from the stands onto our own players and then under pressure from within.
    I personally think Fulham will get 85 points 87 at most I'm not sure why most people seem to think they'll blow everyone away and like you said they still have some tough games coming up who would've thought QPR would get a point especially after going 2 down then we had the magnificent Sunderland 4-1 smashing of derby this is one crazy league

If there's one league where you'd rather have points on the board then it's this one. Anyone can beat anyone.

If we beat wolves on Friday it'll kill fulhams confidence in the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    If there's one league where you'd rather have points on the board then it's this one. Anyone can beat anyone.

If we beat wolves on Friday it'll kill fulhams confidence in the chase.
    I was hoping on 3pts tonight to take the pressure off Friday

Manchester City ffs

Totally agree . When I read some of the comments about them, I keep thinking of the Brazil team of 1970.

Tonight was as hard as it's going to get. Difficult opposition, at their ground, awful conditions, players off the pace. And we still grabbed a draw. Draw every game and we're up!

We aren't man city, and we have just managed 8 wins in a row.
    It's unlikely but it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Tonight was as hard as it's going to get. Difficult opposition, at their ground, awful conditions, players off the pace. And we still grabbed a draw. Draw every game and we're up!
    Draw every game and it'll be very close

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I was hoping on 3pts tonight to take the pressure off Friday
    Friday is more likely, did you see wolves at villa?

Manchester City ffs

Luckily, we have a manager who thinks like you. I’ve seen enough this season to believe we will get the job done comfortably.
    Fulham and Villa are under massive pressure every game they play now. Starting tonight.

What I’ve noticed is if Cairney plays poor, so does the whole team. And defensively they seem shaky.

Who knows. If they do pip us they’ll deserve it.

They are not Man City. However, imo they are a class apart at this level and if it weren't for their indifferent start to the season which I have no doubt was due to a playoff hangover they would be clear at the top by now. To go undefeated in this league since mid December is some record and from what I have seen of them this season I think they WILL go the rest of the season undefeated. Their victory over Wolves about a month ago was Man City like they well and truly played Wolves off the park. I remember messaging my nephew at the time, don't be surprised if Fulham go up as champions let alone in 2nd spot. That maybe a stretch now but it is well within them to overhaul us. A victory at home to Leeds tonight and with our next to fixtures against Wolves and Villa they could be above us within 3 games. A lot of our players appeared very nervy last night, make no mistake this is the squeaky bum time of the season and I have a feeling it will go to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    They are not Man City. However, imo they are a class apart at this level and if it weren't for their indifferent start to the season which I have no doubt was due to a playoff hangover they would be clear at the top by now. To go undefeated in this league since mid December is some record and from what I have seen of them this season I think they WILL go the rest of the season undefeated. Their victory over Wolves about a month ago was Man City like they well and truly played Wolves off the park. I remember messaging my nephew at the time, don't be surprised if Fulham go up as champions let alone in 2nd spot. That maybe a stretch now but it is well within them to overhaul us. A victory at home to Leeds tonight and with our next to fixtures against Wolves and Villa they could be above us within 3 games. A lot of our players appeared very nervy last night, make no mistake this is the squeaky bum time of the season and I have a feeling it will go to the wire.
    We're unbeaten since Jan 2nd, they started their unbeaten run on 23rd December. Relax. They've drawn with Bolton, QPR, Bristol City etc recently, they're not world beaters. They're going to lose a game, and we are too.

There is a possibility that on April 20th they will have crept ahead of us, as by that date they will have played 5 games to our 3, so we'll have 2 games in hand going into the Forest game on Apr 21st.

As we've said many times over it's in our hands. Get something out of Wolves &/or Villa and the story will be different.

This is exactly what im getting at making out they are unbeatable. "They could be above us within 3 games". Thats assuming they win 3 and we lose 2. I saw them play QPR a couple of weeks ago and even though they were 2 nil up they were lucky to get a point. QPR played them off the park 2nd half.

Everyone was saying the same a couple of weeks ago about Villa overtaking us in the next 2 games when they had QPR and Bolton, and we had Brentford and Derby. We didnt even play Derby and still extended our lead on Villa by 3 points!!

I had my doubts wether we could hang in there all season, after Villa caught us I thought that was it but the lads have done amazing and have proved me wrong. I dont see us going 39 games at over 2 points a game to capitulate in the last 7.

Everyones saying what a difficult game this is, or that is, but I tell you whats a difficult game. A game for any side playing Cardiff City at the moment. We havent lost in the league for 3 months ourselves!!!

Weve just won 8 in a row, unbeaten in 11, have one poor performance where we still manage to get a point and people start to panic. I knew this would happen.

If the championship has taught us anything its football is played on grass, not paper. We know Warnock has the minerals to see this through, lets hope our players are more confident than some of our fans.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!!!!

Don't think anyone is panicking (are they !!!), just usual pessimistic City fans who've been on the roller-coaster many times.

If we're mediocre between now & the end of the season, say 2 wins, 3 draws = 9 points, means that Fulham will need 17 points (& then goal difference) so 5 wins & 2 draws minimum.

If we're average, say 3 wins, 2 draws = 11 points, Fulham will need 19 points, 6 wins, a draw & goal difference.

Just out of interest in the reverse fixtures of the 7 remaining, we won 5 & drew 2, scoring 13 & conceding 4, so we know how to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Don't think anyone is panicking (are they !!!), just usual pessimistic City fans who've been on the roller-coaster many times.

If we're mediocre between now & the end of the season, say 2 wins, 3 draws = 9 points, means that Fulham will need 17 points (& then goal difference) so 5 wins & 2 draws minimum.

If we're average, say 3 wins, 2 draws = 11 points, Fulham will need 19 points, 6 wins, a draw & goal difference.

Just out of interest in the reverse fixtures of the 7 remaining, we won 5 & drew 2, scoring 13 & conceding 4, so we know how to do it!
    Or we could take our usual 2 points a game for the rest of the season (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss) and finish on 94 and Fulham can do what the f*ck they like as they wont catch us.

Ive been on the rollercoaster enough times to know that City fans can cause more harm than good in these situations. In 2011 the atmosphere was toxic and we were going for automatic promotion!!! We blew it at the end and the atmosphere from the stands did not help one bit.

I remember battering Ipswich to the point that if it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it at half time, Jimmy Bullard scored 2 worldies in the twice they managed to get out of their half, and the team got booed off!!!!!

This is exactly what im getting at making out they are unbeatable. "They could be above us within 3 games". Thats assuming they win 3 and we lose 2. I saw them play QPR a couple of weeks ago and even though they were 2 nil up they were lucky to get a point. QPR played them off the park 2nd half.

Everyone was saying the same a couple of weeks ago about Villa overtaking us in the next 2 games when they had QPR and Bolton, and we had Brentford and Derby. We didnt even play Derby and still extended our lead on Villa by 3 points!!

I had my doubts wether we could hang in there all season, after Villa caught us I thought that was it but the lads have done amazing and have proved me wrong. I dont see us going 39 games at over 2 points a game to capitulate in the last 7.

Everyones saying what a difficult game this is, or that is, but I tell you whats a difficult game. A game for any side playing Cardiff City at the moment. We havent lost in the league for 3 months ourselves!!!

Weve just won 8 in a row, unbeaten in 11, have one poor performance where we still manage to get a point and people start to panic. I knew this would happen.

If the championship has taught us anything its football is played on grass, not paper. We know Warnock has the minerals to see this through, lets hope our players are more confident than some of our fans.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!!!!
    Your original post was about Fulham not being unbeatable. My reply was that imo their form since December 2017 shows they are unbeatable and having looked at their remaining fixtures I for one think they are more than capable of going the rest of the season without losing. However, nowhere did I slag us off or say they would finish above us despite pointing out the possibility given our next 2 fixtures that they could be above us within 3 games I would take our position above theirs every time.

Your original post was about Fulham not being unbeatable. My reply was that imo their form since December 2017 shows they are unbeatable and having looked at their remaining fixtures I for one think they are more than capable of going the rest of the season without losing. However, nowhere did I slag us off or say they would finish above us despite pointing out the possibility given our next 2 fixtures that they could be above us within 3 games I would take our position above theirs every time.
    No, my original post was about Fulham not being Man City, that some people seem to think that 7 Fulham wins and 21 points is just a formality, and that they wont drop any points for the rest of the season. Your replies on this thread have only served to reinforce that view. Youve called them "Man City like" and now "unbeatable".

As its already been pointed out to you they have drawn against the likes of Bolton, QPR, Wurzels, in this unbeaten run. So they can go unbeaten for the rest of the season and still drop points. They only get 3 points for a win same as the rest of the teams in the division, im fed up of people making out its a case of when not if Fulham overtake us.

Their run is only 10 days longer than ours, are we unbeatable too? No, were not. Neither are Fulham.

I only hope Fulham hurry up and lose, or drop some points soon, not just for our own promotion chances but to shut some of our own fans up who have put them on some kind of ridiculous Championship pedestal.

Its a shame people dont show the shame confidence in our own lads that they do for our promotional rivals.

Your original post was about Fulham not being unbeatable. My reply was that imo their form since December 2017 shows they are unbeatable and having looked at their remaining fixtures I for one think they are more than capable of going the rest of the season without losing.
    By the same token, given that we've gone 3 months without losing, we're also unbeatable and should be capable of going the rest of the season without losing.

I only hope Fulham hurry up and lose, or drop some points soon, not just for our own promotion chances but to shut some of our own fans up who have put them on some kind of ridiculous Championship pedestal.
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    Queue our old friends from oop narf ... I give you Weeds United ... legend killers

I think Fulham will get between 85 and 90 points.
    We have tricky fixtures but you would back us to get the points from here.
    It could be close though.