+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fulham are NOT

Re: Fulham are NOT

Nowhere have I said they will get 21 points, but imo i say again they will remain undefeated. I mentioned one performance being Man City like and if you would have seen it yourself you would know where I was coming from as they were awesome on the day in destroying Wolves but yea it only got them 3 points. From February my nephew and I have been doing a predictions thing featuring the top 4 clubs as was then and to date I have got Fulham's points tally bang on, not only that I also predicted them not to lose a single game - Just saying like!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think Fulham will get between 85 and 90 points.
    We have tricky fixtures but you would back us to get the points from here.
    It could be close though.
    We're averaging 2.05ppg. If we keep that up, we'll get 94 points, same as if we get 2 points a game. Fulham can't catch that. Fulham have got 5 wins and 2 draws from their last 7, so if they repeat that they'll get 89. They are playing at their maximum at the moment and they still need our form to fall off a cliff for them to catch us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're averaging 2.05ppg. If we keep that up, we'll get 94 points, same as if we get 2 points a game. Fulham can't catch that. Fulham have got 5 wins and 2 draws from their last 7, so if they repeat that they'll get 89. They are playing at their maximum at the moment and they still need our form to fall off a cliff for them to catch us.
    I'd be delighted if we get 2 points a game from our remaining fixtures.
    I think we will dip a bit but should still be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Nowhere have I said they will get 21 points, but imo i say again they will remain undefeated. I mentioned one performance being Man City like and if you would have seen it yourself you would know where I was coming from as they were awesome on the day in destroying Wolves but yea it only got them 3 points. From February my nephew and I have been doing a predictions thing featuring the top 4 clubs as was then and to date I have got Fulham's points tally bang on, not only that I also predicted them not to lose a single game - Just saying like!!
    Thinly veiled "I want Fulham not to lose so I can crush my nephew in a prediction game" post imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd be delighted if we get 2 points a game from our remaining fixtures.
    I think we will dip a bit but should still be ok.
    I think last night was our dip, we were there for the taking.
    We won't play as bad as that over the next two games, Warnock will make sure of it.

Fulham are under more pressure than us I think they will drop points against sheff weds, Brentford, millwall and even Brum away will be a tough one especially if they're still fighting for their lives

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We won't play as bad as that over the next two games, Warnock will make sure of it.
    While I'm firmly in the Fulham won't catch us camp, we didn't exactly bounce back in December. I think we've got too many good players though now, we don't have a gaping hole in midfield like we did then.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Fulham are under more pressure than us I think they will drop points against sheff weds, Brentford, millwall and even Brum away will be a tough one especially if they're still fighting for their lives
    Brum are a different side under Monk to be fair to the jack bastard, definitely a difficult game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Losing 4 in a row has helped us in the long run, million percent.
    Our performance last night would have seen our players arguing (for the good) after the game and even at half time, Bamba is always one for a few angry words if you listen to interviews, and that's before Warnock blew his top.
    That point last night will be significant moving forward, not just because it helps build up our total, but because it will galvanize the whole team and really give them a boot up the arse, our next few performances should see an automatic boost, imo.

Looking at our remaining fixtures I think we have enough to pick up at least 12 points which I think will be enough

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    They are not Man City. However, imo they are a class apart at this level and if it weren't for their indifferent start to the season which I have no doubt was due to a playoff hangover they would be clear at the top by now. To go undefeated in this league since mid December is some record and from what I have seen of them this season I think they WILL go the rest of the season undefeated. Their victory over Wolves about a month ago was Man City like they well and truly played Wolves off the park. I remember messaging my nephew at the time, don't be surprised if Fulham go up as champions let alone in 2nd spot. That maybe a stretch now but it is well within them to overhaul us. A victory at home to Leeds tonight and with our next to fixtures against Wolves and Villa they could be above us within 3 games. A lot of our players appeared very nervy last night, make no mistake this is the squeaky bum time of the season and I have a feeling it will go to the wire.
    How are they a class apart? They're 8 points behind us and 13 behind Wolves. Man City are a class apart and even they don't win every game.

The old adage 'it's in our own hands' doesn't really apply in this scenario, I don't think. Firstly, I think that Fulham look as if they can win a bigger points ratio per game than us - they have marginally 'easier' fixtures, and are, undoubtedly the form team. So it's whether a few of those others can beat Fulham in the next few weeks. 8 games to go is quite a bit, and I do expect this to go right down to the final couple of games.
    It could well be Warnock's experience versus Fulham's fear of another play off, that swings it for us. The only scenario where we clinch it sooner would be us winning the next two, leaving Fulham to do the maths and accepting 'defeat' !

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No, my original post was about Fulham not being Man City, that some people seem to think that 7 Fulham wins and 21 points is just a formality, and that they wont drop any points for the rest of the season. Your replies on this thread have only served to reinforce that view. Youve called them "Man City like" and now "unbeatable".

As its already been pointed out to you they have drawn against the likes of Bolton, QPR, Wurzels, in this unbeaten run. So they can go unbeaten for the rest of the season and still drop points. They only get 3 points for a win same as the rest of the teams in the division, im fed up of people making out its a case of when not if Fulham overtake us.

Their run is only 10 days longer than ours, are we unbeatable too? No, were not. Neither are Fulham.

I only hope Fulham hurry up and lose, or drop some points soon, not just for our own promotion chances but to shut some of our own fans up who have put them on some kind of ridiculous Championship pedestal.

Its a shame people dont show the shame confidence in our own lads that they do for our promotional rivals.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The old adage 'it's in our own hands' doesn't really apply in this scenario, I don't think. Firstly, I think that Fulham look as if they can win a bigger points ratio per game than us - they have marginally 'easier' fixtures, and are, undoubtedly the form team. So it's whether a few of those others can beat Fulham in the next few weeks. 8 games to go is quite a bit, and I do expect this to go right down to the final couple of games.
    It could well be Warnock's experience versus Fulham's fear of another play off, that swings it for us. The only scenario where we clinch it sooner would be us winning the next two, leaving Fulham to do the maths and accepting 'defeat' !
    That makes no sense at all and I'm not sure Fulham are the most in form team as us and millwall would be up there, how can it not be in our own hands 14 points from 21 and we're impossible to catch I personally think 12 is enough so it's not as if that is extremely difficult/ impossible target to reach

Fulham are 8 behind us and reading their messageboard they're more confident of automatic promotion than we are! This is getting ridiculous FFS, I understand pessimism but Fulham will need to win every game and hope we don't completely capitulate, something I'm sure Warnock will not allow

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That makes no sense at all and I'm not sure Fulham are the most in form team as us and millwall would be up there, how can it not be in our own hands 14 points from 21 and we're impossible to catch I personally think 12 is enough so it's not as if that is extremely difficult/ impossible target to reach
    It's 'not in our own hands' because I believe it's more likely that a couple of teams beat Fulham in the next few weeks than us continuing to win all of our games.

It's 'not in our own hands' because I believe it's more likely that a couple of teams beat Fulham in the next few weeks than us continuing to win all of our games.
    Until such time that the maths favour Fulham then its in our own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fulham are 8 behind us and reading their messageboard they're more confident of automatic promotion than we are! This is getting ridiculous FFS, I understand pessimism but Fulham will need to win every game and hope we don't completely capitulate, something I'm sure Warnock will not allow
    I might get Billy the Badge to run me a line of Cardiff / Fulham half and half scarves. I think I could clean up and make a nice little profit with the amount of fawning Fulham fan boys we appear to have in our fan base.

It's 'in our own hands' until such point as we need them to drop points to finish above them. In theory we can make whatever Fulham do from this point irrelevant, even if we lose games. Think you're using the wrong phrase to convey what you mean.

To look at it another entirely unscientific and meaningless way,

After 23 games we were 15 points ahead of Fulham
    After 39 games we are 8 points ahead.

At the same rate, at the end of the season we would be 4 or 5 points ahead.

"Undoubtedly the form team"

Last 10

Fulham W7 D3
    Cardiff W8 D2

I think if we can beat Wolves on Friday, the physiological impact on Fulham playing away the next day might make them slip up.
    If we lose and they get a sniff well anything could happen

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Undoubtedly the form team"

Last 10

Fulham W7 D3
    Cardiff W8 D2
    You'd swear Fulham had won 39/39 games. The way people are going on Fulham are man city, real Madrid and Barcelona rolled in to one cairney/sessegnon could pull a muscle tonight and be out for the season (touch wood)

Fulham are playing so well that the EFL will probably award them 4 points for a win from now on. This is a major concern for our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Fulham are playing so well that the EFL will probably award them 4 points for a win from now on. This is a major concern for our chances.
    They should have been relegated to the Southern Premier League for having a statue of Michael Jackson outside a football ground.