+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wembley question regarding crowd control.

Wembley question regarding crowd control.

I was fortunate enough to get to all our 4 recent games at the new Wembley. On each occasion, fans of both teams cross paths and mingle all around the outside perimeter, both before and especially on the way out.
    I’ve often wondered what would happen if 2 teams whose fans absolutely detest each other were to play a play off final there.
    If we played Bristol City, or Swansea ( which almost happened a few seasons ago), I could foresee carnage on the way out after defeat for one of them.

Re: Wembley question regarding crowd control.

Bubble trip with the M4 closed and one side of the carriagway allocated to each team.

Then a Mad Max: Fury Road style cars vs caravans race to the death.

One of the reasons I was glad we didn't make the final against the jerks because I don't think I could've taken a defeat to them and if that did happen there would be carnage after the game

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Bubble trip with the M4 closed and one side of the carriagway allocated to each team.

Then a Mad Max: Fury Road style cars vs caravans race to the death.
    It was a serious question 😁

Bubble trip by coach. Restricted allocation of tickets. Designated trains. Lots of security fencing. Designated pubs/ some pubs closed/plastic glasses only. Seperate funelling of fans off trains/ coaches into the stadium/coaches held back and brought into parking area in groups. Designated service stops for coaches. Plenty of temporary fencing/barriers extending from the stadium towards Wembley. Additional policing (riot vans at the ready). Aerial coverage by helicopter/drones/mobile cctv. Larger than normal segregation zones. Higher than normal ratio stewarding inside the ground. Additional police spotters. Police dogs on standby. Police horses patrolling. Same as when we play the Jack's only on a larger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    One of the reasons I was glad we didn't make the final against the jerks because I don't think I could've taken a defeat to them and if that did happen there would be carnage after the game
    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Bubble trip by coach. Restricted allocation of tickets. Designated trains. Lots of security fencing. Designated pubs/ some pubs closed/plastic glasses only. Seperate funelling of fans off trains/ coaches into the stadium/coaches held back and brought into parking area in groups. Designated service stops for coaches. Plenty of temporary fencing/barriers extending from the stadium towards Wembley. Additional policing (riot vans at the ready). Aerial coverage by helicopter/drones/mobile cctv. Larger than normal segregation zones. Higher than normal ratio stewarding inside the ground. Additional police spotters. Police dogs on standby. Police horses patrolling. Same as when we play the Jack's only on a larger scale.
    Some assholes would call the above 'proper football' 'old school' etc

I'm delighted with how our club has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

Me also I missed out on a lot of games during the 90s because it was deemed unsafe for a young child

Me also I missed out on a lot of games during the 90s because it was deemed unsafe for a young child
    The old generation still think having anything to do with City is "unsafe", "violent", "drunken", "yobbish" etc. The club have a lot to do in terms of getting the message across that attending matches down the CCS is safe for "normal" people. For the older generation "nice" people go to the rugby and the opposite for football.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

I agree with you, but if we got beat in a play off final at Wembley by either Swansea or Bristol City, or vice versa, all hell would break out after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I agree with you, but if we got beat in a play off final at Wembley by either Swansea or Bristol City, or vice versa, all hell would break out after the final whistle.
    No it wouldn't. Wembley have managed a lot more difficult games than us and the two mentioned. The 40-50 something's have trouble getting their fat asses off their seats now.
    #footballstories

Local pubs in Wembley are segregated. On the approach to the stadium fans are diverted towards their respective ends. There are always going to be a few trouble-makers but generally their efforts are swamped by the carnival style atmosphere surrounding Wembley finals. At the end of the game the losers have long since left the area by the time the fans of the winning team exit following their celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It was a serious question 😁
    Think when Obama came to Cardiff, G8 sort of operation and you are close