+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When Neil went in with his feet, was your heart in your mouth ? A championship ref may:------

When Neil went in with his feet, was your heart in your mouth ? A championship ref may:------

A Championship referee, may have given a pelanty.

Two great stops again last night though.

Re: When Neil went in with his feet, was your heart in your mouth ? A championship ref may:------

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    A Championship referee, may have given a pelanty.

Two great stops again last night though.
    No

Re: When Neil went in with his feet, was your heart in your mouth ? A championship ref may:------

With the standard of refereeing these days nothing would surprise me. Thought he was kind to us last night, generally speaking.

My immediate thought was a pelanty.
    Could have easily been given IMO.

Thought it was great tackle myself. He gets off his line very quickly, I like that about him. Id like to see some of Etheridges critics hold their hands up as hes been fantastic and getting better as the season goes on.

I also though the ref was decent last night. I did worry he would send someone off, Bennett in particular after his early booking, but in the main let it go. Perhaps a bit too much on times as both sides were getting stuck in, but he let it flow.

Lets not forget they could / should have had a pen for Bambas fould on the edge of the box which they didnt even give a free kick for!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thought it was great tackle myself. He gets off his line very quickly, I like that about him. Id like to see some of Etheridges critics hold their hands up as hes been fantastic and getting better as the season goes on.

I also though the ref was decent last night. I did worry he would send someone off, Bennett in particular after his early booking, but in the main let it go. Perhaps a bit too much on times as both sides were getting stuck in, but he let it flow.

Lets not forget they could / should have had a pen for Bambas fould on the edge of the box which they didnt even give a free kick for!
    It was outside the box and not a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    My immediate thought was a pelanty.
    Could have easily been given IMO.
    Never a pelanty. It was a clean tackle with feet on the ground and no studs showing. He clearly got the ball and then the Sheff Utd player went over his legs afterwards. I will admit that watching on tv at first glance from a distance, I was concerned but when they showed the close up and slow mo it was obvious that the ref got it spot on and the studio analysts agreed it was a 'great tackle'.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    With the standard of refereeing these days nothing would surprise me. Thought he was kind to us last night, generally speaking.
    Second half yes he was kinder to us.
    Ref and lino both missed what should have been a pelanty to them, albeit very difficult to be sure of, when Bamba took their man out on the edge of the box right in front of the lino.

That was a fantastic professional foul by Bennett last night, which was well worth the booking!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It was outside the box and not a foul.
    Correct on both counts.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I doubted him early in the season due to his distribution.

However, he has performed consistently to a high standard since November and in many games his point blank saves have been as good as I've seen from any keeper in a Cardiff shirt.