+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need to beat Wolves & Villa

Re: We need to beat Wolves & Villa

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It looks like there's a miscommunication in this thread. Wales-Bales has a different definition of 'need' to everyone else.
    Not really. We need to win to avoid any potential drama during the last couple of games

Neil's teamtalk for the next two games .. "OK lads, we don't need to win these games, so just have a stroll around and conserve your energy for the last 5 games. Don't worry, Fulham are going to drop loads of points, I read it on the CCMB".

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not really. We need to win to avoid any potential drama during the last couple of games
    Oh I see, you're saying it's better to be promoted than potentially not.

Neil's teamtalk for the next two games .. "OK lads, we don't need to win these games, so just have a stroll around and conserve your energy for the last 5 games. Don't worry, Fulham are going to drop loads of points, I read it on the CCMB".

Have you had a brain injury?

He’s having a weston super on this thread 😃

Says the guy who thinks playing teams with everything at stake is the same same as playing teams with nothing at stake. As Sheffield United just proved that is not the case. Wolves and Villa will be more of the same. We need to win, dropping 8 points in 3 games would be a disaster for us!
    Your arse is twitching for no reason and your ability to think logically has disappeared as a result.

Take QPR, a team with nothing to play for this season. They battered Villa and were unlucky not to have beaten Fulham as well. We recently tuned Brentford, yet Brentford had plenty to play for in terms of trying to keep up with the playoffs.

After Villa, we've got games against teams with little to play for, bar Derby (though they're in freefall at the moment, everyone was expecting them to win automatic promotion a couple of months ago). By the time we play Hull and Reading, they'll both most likely be safe and have nothing riding on the result. That's 4 games against teams with nothing to play for. By your logic, we should win them, which means Fulham need to win all 6 of their remaining games, which they won't. If you're confident of Fulham winning the lot, try Coral or William Hill or any bookies and put some cash on it (and show us the proof).

It would be great to finish off promotion sooner than later but if it doesn't happen that way, then so what? Would you rather be in our position or Fulham's? Would you rather be 5 points clear with a game in hand, having been the team more in form over the season and over the last 10 games, or 5 points adrift having played a game more having been the team slightly less in form over the season and over the last 10 games?

All teams are going to drop points at some stage. I didn't expect Hull to get anything last night. Have a little patience.

It looks like there's a miscommunication in this thread. Wales-Bales has a different definition of 'need' to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    All teams are going to drop points at some stage. I didn't expect Hull to get anything last night. Have a little patience.
    Eric, you clearly haven't been paying attention to this board. We're Fulham fans now, and Fulham are going to win every game until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Eric, you clearly haven't been paying attention to this board. We're Fulham fans now, and Fulham are going to win every game until the end of time.
    Fulham are now so impressive that they're starting to retroactively win games that they lost earlier in the season. They're now 15 points clear of Wolves.

Fulham fans are now convinced that we are 'imploding' after our draw with Sheffield Utd the other night and that they are going to ' walk past us' in the next three games. Wolves fans on the other hand heard that we were opening up the upper stand for Fridays game and assumed that this was to give more tickets to them, as Cardiff 'couldn't possibly need any more tickets with their poor level of support'. They are both deluded/arrogant and need putting in their place.

I'd be surprised if Fulham win all remaining games, or even remain unbeaten. If they do then hats off to them.

Just need to focus on wolves, forget the villa match. 3 points here will go a long way to getting us up.

The team have surprised me throughout this season, I have belief they will get the job done, it will probably be close but that's the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'd be surprised if Fulham win all remaining games, or even remain unbeaten. If they do then hats off to them.

Just need to focus on wolves, forget the villa match. 3 points here will go a long way to getting us up.

The team have surprised me throughout this season, I have belief they will get the job done, it will probably be close but that's the championship.
    While everyone else has talked the talk, our boys have walked the walk all season. They've defied all the odds, journalists, fans, opposition players and managers; and I have no reason to doubt they won't continue to do that.

Your arse is twitching for no reason and your ability to think logically has disappeared as a result.

Take QPR, a team with nothing to play for this season. They battered Villa and were unlucky not to have beaten Fulham as well. We recently tuned Brentford, yet Brentford had plenty to play for in terms of trying to keep up with the playoffs.

After Villa, we've got games against teams with little to play for, bar Derby (though they're in freefall at the moment, everyone was expecting them to win automatic promotion a couple of months ago). By the time we play Hull and Reading, they'll both most likely be safe and have nothing riding on the result. That's 4 games against teams with nothing to play for. By your logic, we should win them, which means Fulham need to win all 6 of their remaining games, which they won't. If you're confident of Fulham winning the lot, try Coral or William Hill or any bookies and put some cash on it (and show us the proof).

It would be great to finish off promotion sooner than later but if it doesn't happen that way, then so what? Would you rather be in our position or Fulham's? Would you rather be 5 points clear with a game in hand, having been the team more in form over the season and over the last 10 games, or 5 points adrift having played a game more having been the team slightly less in form over the season and over the last 10 games?

Eric, having captained successful teams at a fairly decent level, I would be inclined to get this promotion situation over and done with as quickly as possible, as opposed to sitting up in my pyjamas night after night, armed with a candle and calculator, trying to work out how every kick of the ball in every match may or may not affect the outcome of our season.

Eric, having captained successful teams at a fairly decent level, I would be inclined to get this promotion situation over and done with as quickly as possible, as opposed to sitting up in my pyjamas night after night, armed with a candle and calculator, trying to work out how every kick of the ball in every match may or may not affect the outcome of our season.
    I suggest you read this: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/need

And then this: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/want

Even if we lose both games, it is still in our hands. I want to win both games but we don't need to. Hope this helps.

Were you the John Terry/Phil Jones type who went in for slide tackles head-first?

Were you the John Terry/Phil Jones type who went in for slide tackles head-first?

The pure maths of our current position is that 14 points from our last 7 games will see us definitely promoted irrespective of which games provide those points and in all likelihood 11 or 12 will probably be enough. However I think Fulham currently believe they can catch us and that is driving their current run of form. Us beating Wolves on Friday would I think severely dent Fulham's belief and I think they could soon resort to a 'let's not get injuries before the play-offs' mode which could make it a fairly comfortable jog to the winning line for us. Less than two points from these next two games though and that's a completely different scenario. We could still go up of course but it'll be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I suggest you read this: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/need

And then this: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/want

Even if we lose both games, it is still in our hands. I want to win both games but we don't need to. Hope this helps.
    Exactly all we need to do is target 14 points from our remaining fixtures I think 10 would probably do it though

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    The pure maths of our current position is that 14 points from our last 7 games will see us definitely promoted irrespective of which games provide those points and in all likelihood 11 or 12 will probably be enough. However I think Fulham currently believe they can catch us and that is driving their current run of form. Us beating Wolves on Friday would I think severely dent Fulham's belief and I think they could soon resort to a 'let's not get injuries before the play-offs' mode which could make it a fairly comfortable jog to the winning line for us. Less than two points from these next two games though and that's a completely different scenario. We could still go up of course but it'll be close.
    I like this thinking, lock the fecking calculator in the draw

This is exactly my thinking. If we beat Wolves the focus within Fulham could well turn to the Play Offs and not getting key players injured or suspended whilst forlornly trying to catch 2nd place.

Finishing in 3rd a couple of points off us in 2nd, after busting an absolute gut to make up the deficit will do them no good in the Play Offs lottery whatsoever.

4 out of 6 in the next two games would be a brilliant return, and would send the above signal to everyone involved at Fulham.

This. If we continue to average 2 points a game as we have all season, Fulham will need 19 points from their last 6 games. I'm no mathematician but even I think that's a tough call.

As I said in a different thread, the draw at Bramall lane will give us 2nd spot.
    Last edited by Harry Monk; 04-04-18 at 12:18. Reason: additional comment

Bullshit.

If you're suggesting automatic is out of the question if we don't, then I despair.

3 wins will suffice. Plus a draw or two. Automatic promotion won't be lost over these two games but it could be nigh on guaranteed.
    I'm still standing by my initial observation that we needed to win (not must win) these two fixtures.

Now it's in the laps of the gods.

Regards,

Mr Cockwomble