+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's more likely? We catch Wolves or Fulham catch us?

Re: What's more likely? We catch Wolves or Fulham catch us?

The point at Bramall Lane is the one that will keep us above Fulham.

Could be a 2 point gap between us and Fulham after the weekend. Worrying!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'd settle for 2nd place right now...
    So would Fulham!

I think Fulham will catch us. This will go down to the last couple of games and will have as much to do with bottle as ability. Fulham's [and Wolves'] fixtures are much easier than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Could be a 2 point gap between us and Fulham after the weekend. Worrying!
    Could also be 8 with a game in had. Exciting.

I don't know if we will catch Wolves; but the fact that they're still in a position that we can chase them is a positive. It helps the team focus on something ahead of them rather than constantly looking over their shoulders.

We're in a race for Promotion; not relegation. Teams are going to win games; otherwise they wouldn't be in a promotion race in the first place. It's so close to the end of the season that everything is magnified; we just need to keep doing what we're doing.

Fans have a huge part to play though; we need to hold our nerve as much as the players do. I'm confident NW will have them fired up and in a bit of a siege mentality at the moment, as fans we really need to do our best not to undermine that.

As for Fulham; they were pretty in patches last night; but a better team would've punished them. They will drop points. We're not far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Over to you
    Do you want the truth?
    YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

People are losing sight of the fact we need 14 points from 7 to guarentee promotion. Doesn't matter what fulham do.

Wolves - WIN - 3
    Villa - LOSE - 0
    Norwich - DRAW - 1
    FOREST - WIN - 3
    Derby - DRAW - 1
    HULL - WIN 3
    Reading - WIN 3

Hardly an amazing last 7 with plenty of blips but enough to get over the line. People need to stay calm, the time to panic is if we take 0 points from six the next two. Every point matters now...

Definitely a difference in mentality between our fanbase and others. People here worried Fulham will catch us after we have just won 8 on the bounce and remain unbeaten in 13 in the league.

Yet Fulham fans, while their club have played a game more, are 5 points worse off, are confident they will catch us.

If it's because of the run in, I'll just remember the many many times we have slipped up when we shouldn't because that is the league we are in.

However I'm more confident we ourselves will get the job done than relying on others. This team is gutsy, hard working and actually has quality that they don't get credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Definitely a difference in mentality between our fanbase and others. People here worried Fulham will catch us after we have just won 8 on the bounce and remain unbeaten in 13 in the league.

Yet Fulham fans, while their club have played a game more, are 5 points worse off, are confident they will catch us.

If it's because of the run in, I'll just remember the many many times we have slipped up when we shouldn't because that is the league we are in.

However I'm more confident we ourselves will get the job done than relying on others. This team is gutsy, hard working and actually has quality that they don't get credit for.

All that is true, but maybe the dip in performance on Monday night (if not in fighting spirit) is feeding the extreme caution.

The way I see it is we can afford to drop a few points (7) but villa and Fulham can't afford to drop 1 point

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    All that is true, but maybe the dip in performance on Monday night (if not in fighting spirit) is feeding the extreme caution.
    We have played as poorly at other times this season. Incredibly difficult to always be on it over 46 matches. Sheffield United also played very well, yet we still got a point.

Just seems strange, I don't remember a run like it in recent years yet still there is worry. What will be will be, just enjoy what is a fantastic season beyond expectation. Feels very different to the years prior to our PL promotion where the panic was real.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The way I see it is we can afford to drop a few points (7) but villa and Fulham can't afford to drop 1 point
    Any time Villa or Fulham drop points between now and the end of the season is an absolute disaster for them.
    For City it's a setback.

Have we got more points at this stage then when we won it?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Have we got more points at this stage then when we won it?
    According to the number crunchers on the Bristol Post we have 2 more points after 39 games than in the season we won the title:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...wolves-1413146

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    People are losing sight of the fact we need 14 points from 7 to guarentee promotion. Doesn't matter what fulham do.

Wolves - WIN - 3
    Villa - LOSE - 0
    Norwich - DRAW - 1
    FOREST - WIN - 3
    Derby - DRAW - 1
    HULL - WIN 3
    Reading - WIN 3

Hardly an amazing last 7 with plenty of blips but enough to get over the line. People need to stay calm, the time to panic is if we take 0 points from six the next two. Every point matters now...
    Those of us who are more cautious probably feel less certain that we will beat Wolves and Hull and certainly not want it all to come down to the Reading match. 'On paper' we should beat Forest and could even take 3 points against Norwich.

Of course, we are capable of winning all of our games but April is always harder.
    The only match I see Fulham stumbling over is at Millwall.

I hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I walked back to the car on Monday past a man with his adult son. I only picked up three words of his conversation but they stuck with me. "Typical bloody Warnock"! This is not Dave Jones passing on all his fears and scars to a team on a run-in but someone who is relishing it. Regardless of football style I would think that there are a large number of Wolves, Fulham and perhaps Villa fans who would be more confident of Warnock getting their team to the finishing post given his record than their own managers.