+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We draw 1

We draw 1

After 8 straight wins and every-bodies arse is going.

Re: We draw 1

That draw will feel like a win. Wolves' draw will feel like a loss.

I think we're gonna smash them up!

Everyone has got to stay positive.
    We need a massive atmosphere Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Correct! I've been here too many times before and know what's likely to be coming

Just facing reality, with 3 tough games points are going to be dropped, but how many?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just facing reality, with 3 tough games points are going to be dropped, but how many?
    Are you really this cheerful in real life?

Mines been going for weeks. Nearly 47 years supporting City, Can't be comfortable with this

Both Fulham and Villa would love to swap places with us. A win on Friday would move the gap back to 8 points with 6 games to play. Would they seriously be expecting to win all 6 and us lose half of our final games (we haven’t lost for 3 months)?

And even if we lose on Friday, we’ve still got a strong hand (and a full strength squad) going into the final straight. The pressure’s on Norwich!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Both Fulham and Villa would love to swap places with us. A win on Friday would move the gap back to 8 points with 6 games to play. Would they seriously be expecting to win all 6 and us lose half of our final games (we haven’t lost for 3 months)?

And even if we lose on Friday, we’ve still got a strong hand (and a full strength squad) going into the final straight. The pressure’s on Norwich!!
    One of the negative bunch will blame you for that Norwich comment if we were to lose up there now.

This season I've not really.felt the pressure myself, maybe it's the Neil Warnock factor, he's calm so I'm calm.
    The year we went up, or got in the play offs I was nervous as **** all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post

The natural worry even in our very good situ just goes to show the level of natural pessimism our fan base has, within touching distance, we still won’t let ourselves believe.....after so many playoff failures and capitulation it’s not surprising.
    If we beat wolves 5 nil people will still be wary😂

We've already beaten 5 of our next 7 opponents and drawn the other 2

I was on the train home to London yesterday and there was a Villa fan heading to Reading chatting to some other blokes who got on.
    He was VERY confident Villa will overhaul City after that Sheff U draw. He said he was only really worried about Fulham.
    The guy was from the Valleys and he said he used he used to get a supporters club coach to every Villa home game but when they got relegated almost everyone dropped out and it's not been back since. If only he had a team nearby, eh?
    He may have said some other nonsense but this was all in five minutes and I had headphones on for the rest of the journey.

We'll be fine. I only envisage a squeaky bum if we lose the next two and Fulham win theirs, but Eric has assured me that this will never happen, so everything is good

A couple of weeks ago the 'doom mongers' were predicting that we wouldn't get anything from the Brentford or Sheffield games, so we are already 4 points ahead. Just ignore them - they wont go away but hopefully will be made to look pretty silly by early May.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago the 'doom mongers' were predicting that we wouldn't get anything from the Brentford or Sheffield games, so we are already 4 points ahead. Just ignore them - they wont go away but hopefully will be made to look pretty silly by early May.
    I was saying we should target these games as wins, even if they do look difficult on paper, the same as I am advocating going for wins against Wolves and Villa

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Any handy stats to back-up this wild assertion?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Any handy stats to back-up this wild assertion?
    I remember a lot of people saying they were difficult as well as important games, and it would be good to win them.

I remember a lot of people saying they were difficult as well as important games, and it would be good to win them.
    Ah! - the old hearsay ploy, eh?

Not being pessimistic but we’ve blown it. Another season at least in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Ah! - the old hearsay ploy, eh?
    I'm playing the role of a confused football supporter, just trying to fit in on here!

I'm playing the role of a confused football supporter, just trying to fit in on here!
    No need for any roleplaying p'raps?

'Tis like a second skin....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Not being pessimistic but we’ve blown it. Another season at least in the Championship.

You're confident we'll stay up next season?

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    You're confident we'll stay up next season?
    Are we safe this season?

I was saying we should target these games as wins, even if they do look difficult on paper, the same as I am advocating going for wins against Wolves and Villa
    My earlier post wasnt specifically aimed at you but it was informative that you appeared to recognise yourself from my description of 'doom mongers'.

Definitely a difference in mentality between our fanbase and others. People here worried Fulham will catch us after we have just won 8 on the bounce and remain unbeaten in 13 in the league.

Yet Fulham fans, while their club have played a game more, are 5 points worse off, are confident they will catch us.

If it's because of the run in, I'll just remember the many many times we have slipped up when we shouldn't because that is the league we are in.

However I'm more confident we ourselves will get the job done than relying on others. This team is gutsy, hard working and actually has quality that they don't get credit for.