+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Re: Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Swansea City's highest league attendance over the past four decades came when John Toshack was in charge and 24,115 watched the Vetch Field clash with Manchester United in January 1982.

Their biggest recorded gate at the Liberty Stadium is 20,972 for a 3-1 triumph over Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool two years ago, when Andre Ayew scored twice.

Is that right ? Seems very low.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Swansea City's highest league attendance over the past four decades came when John Toshack was in charge and 24,115 watched the Vetch Field clash with Manchester United in January 1982.

Their biggest recorded gate at the Liberty Stadium is 20,972 for a 3-1 triumph over Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool two years ago, when Andre Ayew scored twice.

Is that right ? Seems very low.
    Capacity, innit.

LibScan-city-greats003.jpg Oh Willie Willie ..............

Biggest league crowd possibly. But we had some good gates the season we were in the PL, 28000ish. I doubt if we'll get that many on Friday. Maybe 26000, but then Wolves will be bringing 4000 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Biggest league crowd possibly. But we had some good gates the season we were in the PL, 28000ish. I doubt if we'll get that many on Friday. Maybe 26000, but then Wolves will be bringing 4000 apparently.
    Should hit 30,000 I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Should hit 30,000 I would have thought.
    Got to be a record CCS attendance for a league game at least. A sell out would be deserved for this seasons efforts.

Got to be a record CCS attendance for a league game at least. A sell out would be deserved for this seasons efforts.
    Really hope the crowd's not nervy and provides a great atmosphere - would be awesome to have close to those numbers for Forest and Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Really hope the crowd's not nervy and provides a great atmosphere - would be awesome to have close to those numbers for Forest and Reading.
    Hopefully, with it being a 7.45 ko, most of us will turn up pissed having been in the pubs all afternoon, always a tidy atmosphere when everyone has had a good drink.

We didn't have the upper Ninian then so that was the capacity then. If they've opened that for Friday it suggests we'll get more than 28k.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Hopefully, with it being a 7.45 ko, most of us will turn up pissed having been in the pubs all afternoon, always a tidy atmosphere when everyone has had a good drink.

I'll certainly have my hip flask.. Pissed up crowd, most people's work week done with.. starting at dusk and ending under the lights.. awesome stuff.

My favourite City player of all time. Great pic. Want to have this pic for my avatar.
    Spedger

Sales have already passed 27k.

Wolves were given 3k - all sold and won't get more

To be fair, we do get a good turn out for big promotion games. Remember that game v Orient in the 80's. It was released on video with some guy interviewed on the Bob Bank saying w should have Shakin' Stevens concerts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Sales have already passed 27k.

Wolves were given 3k - all sold and won't get more
    Does the 27k include Wolves tickets ?

what a god Willie was

Capacity 33,280, let's get there .

Calling all non believers come down pretend its Real Madrid v Juve (redux )and its on television.

Courtesy of the white elephant with red seats.

Does the 27k include Wolves tickets ?
    Yes.
    There a huge segregation area at the moment.. I'm guessing they will hold this back until everything else is sold to save on security costs

Yes.
    There a huge segregation area at the moment.. I'm guessing they will hold this back until everything else is sold to save on security costs
    Thanks L. With 2 days to go lets hope for as close to a sell out as possible.

Thanks L. With 2 days to go lets hope for as close to a sell out as possible.
    👍

I'm definitely staying up to watch this one. Not always easy waking up at/staying up until 3.45am but tonight without even trying I somehow managed to not sleep and stay up to watch Liverpool vs Citeh.

I think they are confident of getting more than our biggest gate in the premiership season mate. Hence the biggest league crowd since Hereford 1976 claim. I am predicting just under 31k.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post

Yes.
    The segregation areas arent that big - they were selling City tickets online half a block away from Wolves fans on each side. They have held back two blocks of the upper ninian close to the Wolves end but one of these was released for sale earlier today. The main bowl and lower section of the new stand is sold out. I would estimate that we are around 30000 currently. It must be more than 27000 because they have announced the 'biggest league gate since 1976'. The current stadium league record is Derby in April 2016 at 28680, so it must be more than that currently.