+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Re: Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I think they are confident of getting more than our biggest gate in the premiership season mate. Hence the biggest league crowd since Hereford 1976 claim. I am predicting just under 31k.
    Spedger
    Well if sales are as good as reported it will break the ground record for a League game. Sadly we can't match the 1976 total as there were 35,501 there that day (officially) , it seemed like more. Only 42 years ago, just a week out on being exactly 42 years. I sense an omen.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The segregation areas arent that big - they were selling City tickets online half a block away from Wolves fans on each side. They have held back two blocks of the upper ninian close to the Wolves end but one of these was released for sale earlier today. The main bowl and lower section of the new stand is sold out. I would estimate that we are around 30000 currently. It must be more than 27000 because they have announced the 'biggest league gate since 1976'. The current stadium league record is Derby in April 2016 at 28680, so it must be more than that currently.
    The club have made announcements via twitter daily. The last one was just over 27000 yesterday - I think around lunch time, so should be around 27500 now.

I'm pretty certain a block in level 4 was held back near the Wolves fans ( block 411) and also blocks 107 and 108 haven't gone on sale yet.

I believe this is the 'red zone' where the club need to add extra stewarding.

WOL are the ones saying we are 'on course' for a record crowd, but we aren't there quite yet.

2 more days of selling and we are going at 1000+ a day should hopefully see us near the 30k mark by kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Hopefully, with it being a 7.45 ko, most of us will turn up pissed having been in the pubs all afternoon, always a tidy atmosphere when everyone has had a good drink.
    What?? Blasphemy!!!!!
    According to some on here, it’s only the egg crowd who get pissed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The club have made announcements via twitter daily. The last one was just over 27000 yesterday - I think around lunch time, so should be around 27500 now.

I'm pretty certain a block in level 4 was held back near the Wolves fans ( block 411) and also blocks 107 and 108 haven't gone on sale yet.

I believe this is the 'red zone' where the club need to add extra stewarding.

WOL are the ones saying we are 'on course' for a record crowd, but we aren't there quite yet.

2 more days of selling and we are going at 1000+ a day should hopefully see us near the 30k mark by kick off.
    107 & 108 in the Canton end were on sale a couple weeks ago and sold out. 411 is at the Canton end again and has been on sale for a few days - perhaps you meant 417 ?.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Capacity, innit.
    Still too big for them, didn’t even sell out an fa cup quarter v spurs, and spurs brought 3000

Why don’t we have a perplex screen between fans rather than empty seats to segregate fans? With empty seats used for segregation what is our maximum crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    107 & 108 in the Canton end were on sale a couple weeks ago and sold out. 411 is at the Canton end again and has been on sale for a few days - perhaps you meant 417 ?.
    No sorry. I meant 117 and 118

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Why don’t we have a perplex screen between fans rather than empty seats to segregate fans? With empty seats used for segregation what is our maximum crowd?
    Why don't we just tell u' to frigg-off, like Poxey Moxey did to us.