+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock condemns 'disappointing' Sean Morrison video but reveals Cardiff City have similar videos of Derby County stars

Neil Warnock condemns 'disappointing' Sean Morrison video but reveals Cardiff City have similar videos of Derby County stars

"Whilst I don’t condone the language and it leaves a lot to be desired, our lads have videos of them as well," revealed Warnock.

"After the game, our lads were in an airport, having a drink in a social place and both parties were there. Bradley Johnson with (Anthony) Pilkington who had played at Norwich, Pearce and Morrison who had played at Reading and it was just a lot of banter between themselves.

"When you first hear about that, you think ‘oh no’, but when you see the videos our lads have got - which we’re not prepared to release - it’s just banter really and a lot of hot air, it just makes it more mouth watering when we play them in a couple of weeks."

He is 'disappointed' with his captain, having spoken to him privately, and revealed his wife Sharon had condemned the language used.

"He was apologetic, he said ‘these things are said between was between pals, we’ve known each other for many years’, " added Warnock on his chat with Morrison.

"I’ve seen the (video) they sent us - there’d be more headlines in that if we let that go out!

"I’m not on social media, I don’t even know how to switch one on! I don’t understand it but it was in good banter and it was two weeks ago.

"I don’t want us to get our own back… let’s move on.

"Social media is a dangerous thing and they’ve got to be warned about that. It may be just a flippant comment but nothing is sacred these days, it frightens me to death just answering the phone!

"I’ve had a chat with him and told him I’m disappointed in him. Even if it was in jest between mates, you can’t condone that sort of language and I think he understands that. Let that to be a warning to everyone, you’ve got to be careful. It's dangerous.

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock celebrates with Sean Morrison
    "It’s only gone on their Snapchat and things but it only takes one in the group to put it out. I’ve told Morrison I don’t won’t any of the Derby videos going out. We’ve all had a laugh and done it but my wife wasn’t happy with the language when I showed her that.

"They’re two high spirited teams with a lot of rivalry and a lot of friendship but alcohol is a funny thing, isn’t it?"

From.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-sean-14493884

Re: Neil Warnock condemns 'disappointing' Sean Morrison video but reveals Cardiff City have similar videos of Derby County stars

Handled brilliantly, as you would expect from a seasoned professional

TOP MAN is "OUR NEIL"

Re: Neil Warnock condemns 'disappointing' Sean Morrison video but reveals Cardiff City have similar videos of Derby County stars

Condemns? No where in that interview does he condemn him. Typical lazy local journo.

Perfect from Warnock. That's it put to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Condemns? No where in that interview does he condemn him. Typical lazy local journo.
    He was more disappointed that his wife was disappointed about the language used

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He was more disappointed that his wife was disappointed about the language used
    "Ere love, come an 'ave a look at this "

Just as suspected. Banter between mates.

Maybe the board fannies can pack their flaps away now.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

"Flaps"? What would Sharon say?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I condemn that language and so does my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I condemn that language and so does my wife
    I know Neil, I've read the article :D

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Flaps"? What would Sharon say?
    I don't think she would appreciate my choice of words in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Perfect from Warnock. That's it put to bed.
    Maybe if Malky's texts had been handled the same way he's still be around

Gary Rowett played it down:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...rowett-1424680

Rowett was asked about the issue at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's Championship clash with Bolton Wanderers at Pride Park Stadium (3pm).

"Having watched the video, it was a little bit distasteful in terms of the language," he said.

"I think there was a bit of banter flying about on that day between players who know each other and some of them are ex-team-mates.

"It is what it is. Ever since that (postponed) game, people seem to want to stoke things up.

"We want to focus on the game this weekend.

"For me, it's about our next game and we'll let Cardiff deal with their own players.

"As soon as you do anything like that and it gets out there, you leave yourself open to criticism.

"I've got no problem with everyone involved.

"I'm sure one or two of the players won't be particularly happy with what was said - but that's for them to deal with."

And Tom Lawrence:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...n-rant-1425114

Lawrence was also quizzed on the matter ahead of Derby's Championship clash with Bolton Wanderers at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday (3pm).

"I think the manager addressed it before," said the Wales international. "There's not really been much said about it, so I can't really give you any more information.

"From what I've seen of it, it's just a nothing video, to be honest, and I can't see there being any backlash."

If I was Morrison I would not be happy with the person who realesed this, warnock does not need any crap at this to,e of the season, I thought at first Morrison was trying to be like David Brent, but the more I heard, it went a little to far, but why release it