+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sadiq Khan

Re: Sadiq Khan

Simple truth is tha due to cuts the Met has 3000 less offficers then 2010.

Violent crime has risen.

Sadiq khan maybe many things to people but thats the overwhelmingly major factor in all this

Sad IQ Khan is an anagram of Sadiq Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    The Police have said they can get more value from more CCTV networks. And if you think about it - they are right - CCTV's dont need holidays, pensions or charge over time and they work 24x7.
    The Panopticon society.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Never said it was right or wrong, just a simple fact the Police think cctv offer better value and they can direct resources accordingly.
    Yikes

The thing that annoys me these days something goes wrong, its always someone else's fault .

I grew up very poor ,I didn't take to the streets and stab anyone or take drugs, it's about people and their moral choices and good up bringing.

Any amount of blaming goverments or local authority decesions (both are in play here ) just sidelines the real issue and takes away the focus of real responsibility , where are the role model fathers , and strong families and teachers , to spot early and control these issues at source , they don't get mentioned , nah it's bloody budgets cuts , as we roll out the same mantra time and time again ,and everyone throws their hands in the air , nah not my fault ,as its the easy option .
    Any amount of money or police resource will not fix this , as its a busted flush for some folk , who have no intention of fixing it themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The thing that annoys me these days something goes wrong, its always someone else's fault .

I grew up very poor ,I didn't take to the streets and stab anyone or take drugs, it's about people and their moral choices and good up bringing.

Any amount of blaming goverments or local authority decesions (both are in play here ) just sidelines the real issue and takes away the focus of real responsibility , where are the role model fathers , and strong families and teachers , to spot early and control these issues at source , they don't get mentioned , nah it's bloody budgets cuts , as we roll out the same mantra time and time again ,and everyone throws their hands in the air , nah not my fault ,as its the easy option .
    Any amount of money or police resource will not fix this , as its a busted flush for some folk , who have no intention of fixing it themselves .
    So whose fault was it that you grew up very poor? Yours? Or someone else?

People will have committed crimes in those days too, and bad ones. And the majority of poor people won't have, just like today.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So whose fault was it that you grew up very poor? Yours? Or someone else?

People will have committed crimes in those days too, and bad ones. And the majority of poor people won't have, just like today.
    Nobody's fault other than losing a dad at a very early age and the toughness of my mum having to cope with no reliance to the today's standards of welfare benefits , very tough times .

Yes lots of crime in those times one was around and invloved in , however the morality and responsibility of people was much better and respectful .

Less of a blame culture back then.

Nobody's fault other than losing a dad at a very early age and the toughness of my mum having to cope with no reliance to the today's standards of welfare benefits , very tough times .

Yes lots of crime in those times one was around and invloved in , however the morality and responsibility of people was much better and respectful .

Less of a blame culture back then.
    Very sad for you, but I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying welfare for poor people is a bad thing? Blame is a recent phenomenon?

Criminals of the past were nicer?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Very sad for you, but I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying welfare for poor people is a bad thing? Blame is a recent phenomenon?

Criminals of the past were nicer?
    Not sure if your baiting or not fully understanding my points , probaly my fault so I will simplify .
    Many years ago :
    There were less benefits and social care .
    You had more respect for society and the law.
    Knife and acid attacks were minimal .
    There was crime .
    Less money was spent on society for a better return on behaviours .

Thankfull millions are poured into society to help the less fortunate , however for some that's not recognised or good enough .

Not sure why one may not seek a view , that people are responsible for thier actions and behaviour and morality comes from with a decent person whatever his / her position in life is .

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    The murder rate in London is now higher than in NY, but don't worry. Sadiq Khan is said to be "concerned", so all will be well.

Clearly, his efforts to make London "the safest city in the world" is working very well. He's also seemingly more concerned about policing online "hate speech" and "mean comments" than actually solving the increasing murder rate.

The guy is an absolute turd.
    A little bump for this thread.

The final murder scores for 2018 are in.

New York 289
    London 132

New York was at its lowest since the 1950s and London at its highest for a decade. So don't have nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There is always a risk that quotes will be extracted and misused. You seem to have a downer on him for a variety of reasons which is fair enough but find the right stick to beat him. For what its worth I think Khan has come across flat footed on the increased murder rate in London regardless of its causes. As others have said this is not an easy issue you can solve in the short term but the stats are not accidental. Studying what cities like New York and, in the UK, Glasgow have done to reduce crime and murder rates are important in finding the right paths for London to do the same. It probably needs greater co-operation and co-ordination between central government and London though. If I were being cynical then what's in it for the Government to help Khan reduce London's crime and murder rate?
    When I was in New York (mainly Manhattan) last June I was amazed to see the huge number of Police cars on the street. It did give one the feeling of relative saftety (although I couldn't resist mooching around the streets in some of the less salubrious areas of the city to mget the 'look and feel', as it were. One likes a bit of 'edge', you know....)

Not sure if your baiting or not fully understanding my points , probaly my fault so I will simplify .
    Many years ago :
    There were less benefits and social care .
    You had more respect for society and the law.
    Knife and acid attacks were minimal .
    There was crime .
    Less money was spent on society for a better return on behaviours .

Thankfull millions are poured into society to help the less fortunate , however for some that's not recognised or good enough .

Not sure why one may not seek a view , that people are responsible for thier actions and behaviour and morality comes from with a decent person whatever his / her position in life is .
    And we are all part of a community (i.e. the football community) whereby the spectators have to be separated, herded and policed because they are unable to watch a sporting event without the possibility of violence taking place between opposing supporters. It's quite pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    When I was in New York (mainly Manhattan) last June I was amazed to see the huge number of Police cars on the street. It did give one the feeling of relative saftety (although I couldn't resist mooching around the streets in some of the less salubrious areas of the city to mget the 'look and feel', as it were. One likes a bit of 'edge', you know....)
    They’re appreciated for it too. My mate went into a diner and saw 30 or so sitting down and eating. No civilians grumbled and my mate said they were highly complimentary to them.

When I was in the Heddlu after a particularly hard morning I stopped off in Tesco to buy a meal deal.

I had ‘got time to eat is it?’ Slung at me by one charming punter .....

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    They’re appreciated for it too. My mate went into a diner and saw 30 or so sitting down and eating. No civilians grumbled and my mate said they were highly complimentary to them.

When I was in the Heddlu after a particularly hard morning I stopped off in Tesco to buy a meal deal.

I had ‘got time to eat is it?’ Slung at me by one charming punter .....
    I was expecting to see Police cars chasing battered chevies through the back alleys and the latter knocking over dustbins before crashing into rubbish skips whilst tramps drinking out of bottles wrapped in brown paper bags looked on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was expecting to see Police cars chasing battered chevies through the back alleys and the latter knocking over dustbins before crashing into rubbish skips whilst tramps drinking out of bottles wrapped in brown paper bags looked on.....
    Ha ha 😂😂